Liked: 18

Default 1983 Van Diemens

In January 1983 Bob Schader imported two 1983 water cooled Van Diemen Super Vees, Serial Numbers 694 and 695. SCCA Logbook Numbers 83-279 and 83-289 respectively. The two cars were campaigned in the 1983 Robert Bosch/Valvoline Super Vee Championship Series. I have SN 694 and have almost completed a two year 100% restoration. SN 695 was converted to Formula Continental configuration. I know of no other 1983 water cooled Van Diemen Super Vees having been imported. If anyone out there does, in fact, know of other such cars, I'd be delighted to hear from you !
    Tex Arnold 303-805-7238

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

To the best of my fuzzy recollection Bob had the only two. But that was 36 years ago.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default VD

There were only two made - Dan Campbell worked on them. I was a partner at Essex at the time when Bob ordered them. Had a lot of odd bits specially made for the tire heights I recall. other than that is was based around the F2000 chassis with ground effect sidepods.
    phil

Liked: 18

Default 1983 Van Diemens

Thanks Guys! Confirms long, unproductive search for sister cars. Except for fuel cell, car is now restored all original. Kinda nice to know I have a one-of-one ! Cheers, Tex

Liked: 1108

Hi, Tex:

Quick note to let you know I painted, lettered, and gold leafed all those cars, and did almost all of Bob's graphic work from 1980 to 1995. I met you eons ago at Barker's, and did all his cars from 1980 through selling to Steve in 1991.

I probably still have all the sign patterns and paint color numbers, all the way up to the giant logos on the semi trailer.

I'd love to see the car sometime! We lived in Lakewood from 1980 to 2013 but have been on the road since. I'll be pinstriping in Castle Rock sometime before Fall, then heading eastwards.

Enjoy the car!

Thread Information