Liked: 3

Default Seeking Frame or Roller

Hello all. I've been into cars since I was 8, but I'm not part of your world here. I'm just looking for any single seat tube chassis (frame only or roller) that will hold an ej255, Honda K, or any 05+ Gixxer motor for <=$4K Regulation is of no concern.

I live in a rural town in northern MI and sit on the city's ZBA and there and most residents know all 4 police officers. So once I put the lights, horn, etc on, I won't be getting pulled over unless I'm actually doing something wrong. No "curiosity chats..."

I have done a Cayman and a couple SW20 builds. This will be my first build of this nature and I know from every other car-forum that expert members can be discouraging to odd ideas, so I will just say that my clinical OCD is so bad that I have to live out here away from people and I can longer suffer life driving off to one side. I even did a successful Delta conversion on my last SW20 by bolting a simple bearing to the center of the dash frame and used the chain and sprockets from a mountain bike, tightening the steering ratio while I was at it. I usually keep these projects to myself because they're ludicrous, but classifieds seem to be the only way up this path.

Sorry for the rant, but this is a legitimate wanted ad. Thanks all.

Liked: 1

Default Frame or Roller Wanted

Hi there,

I have a 1972 Legrand MK. 15 air cooled super vee project that might fit your search. Probably the only MK 15 built according to the records we have from the Legrand registry. It's a complete rolling chassis, but I don't have the engine. I do have the original Hewland MK 8 transaxle that was in the car. The original spun aluminum Legrand wheels and some suspension spares. No bodywork, short of the nose. I have all the original factory drawings, SCCA log book, set up sheets, many handwritten notes and templates from Red LeGrand. The car was professional raced in the SCCA Super Vee Gold Cup series and national SCCA races in '72 through '74 and then the car was converted many years ago to race as a Formula Ford (by the gentlemen I purchased it from), and he raced it as a Formula Ford for lots of years in the SCCA SF Region.

I am aware of a number of people who have converted similar chassis using motorcycle engines.

There is a similar car in the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, TN - a 1971 Legrand
    MK-12 Super Vee - and I'll bet they might let us use their body for body molds (although that car is different, the body is similar). That car is not period correct as they show it with a wing (that it did not have) but you can get an idea of how the car would look. Here's the link :
    https://www.lanemotormuseum.org/coll...super-vee-1971

This is a great project for someone who has the time. I have another 1978 Wheeler Super Vee and just don't have the time nor the garage space to finish this one as I had hoped. Not looking to get much for it, as I do need the garage space. PM me if you're interested and I can send some pictures.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CRT1990 View Post
    Hello all. I've been into cars since I was 8, but I'm not part of your world here. I'm just looking for any single seat tube chassis (frame only or roller) that will hold an ej255, Honda K, or any 05+ Gixxer motor for <=$4K Regulation is of no concern.

I live in a rural town in northern MI and sit on the city's ZBA and there and most residents know all 4 police officers. So once I put the lights, horn, etc on, I won't be getting pulled over unless I'm actually doing something wrong. No "curiosity chats..."

I have done a Cayman and a couple SW20 builds. This will be my first build of this nature and I know from every other car-forum that expert members can be discouraging to odd ideas, so I will just say that my clinical OCD is so bad that I have to live out here away from people and I can longer suffer life driving off to one side. I even did a successful Delta conversion on my last SW20 by bolting a simple bearing to the center of the dash frame and used the chain and sprockets from a mountain bike, tightening the steering ratio while I was at it. I usually keep these projects to myself because they're ludicrous, but classifieds seem to be the only way up this path.

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 433

Not to be nasty but that would be an utter sacrilige to destroy such a rare car. If you want to get rid of it put it up for sale and I am sure someone would buy it. There are plenty of other cars that could be converted. CRT1990, find something a little more common and I wish you all the best in your endevor.
    Graham

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default Holy cow

i think i saw the Caldwell Can Am car in the website link

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

You did see the Caldwell D-7 CanAm car.
    Sam Posey, my near neighbor here in Sharon, CT, retains ownership of the car, that he funded and raced to begin with, and it has been a the LaneFaciltiy for a few years now....

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    You did see the Caldwell D-7 CanAm car.
    Sam Posey, my near neighbor here in Sharon, CT, retains ownership of the car, that he funded and raced to begin with, and it has been a the LaneFaciltiy for a few years now....
    I was at the Lane a couple of weeks ago and the Caldwell (and Legrand) aren't on general display. They may be in the basement although we didn't get to stop and look at all the cars in the basement during our private tour.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 3

Default RF93 Frame

Hi CRT1990,

I have a 1993 Van Diemen (RF93) tube frame that I'd be willing to sell, it was a formula continental car.

Full disclosure, I put this car in the wall at Watkins Glen, but the frame wasn't damaged. The RH side suspension and bellhousing absorbed most of the energy. It made more sense for me to part this car out and buy a new one than it did to fix.

PM me if you're interested, I am in SE Michigan. There are a bunch of threads out there of people converting Van Diemen's into F1000 (FB) cars with 1000cc motorcycle engines if you want to see what that might look like.

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...vak-Conversion

I also have the LH side suspension corners intact. Let me know soon if you would also be interested in suspension parts (a-arms, knuckles, hubs, etc.) otherwise I am going to list those separately soon.

Thanks,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by CRT1990 View Post

Liked: 9

Default Formula Ford Roller

I have a Dulon MP21 formula ford roller that I would be willing to part with. The chassis is completely disassembled. If interested, give me your email address and I can send pics.

Liked: 103

Quote Originally Posted by Plarro View Post
    Hi there,

I have a 1972 Legrand MK. 15 air cooled super vee project that might fit your search. Probably the only MK 15 built according to the records we have from the Legrand registry. It's a complete rolling chassis, but I don't have the engine. I do have the original Hewland MK 8 transaxle that was in the car. The original spun aluminum Legrand wheels and some suspension spares. No bodywork, short of the nose. I have all the original factory drawings, SCCA log book, set up sheets, many handwritten notes and templates from Red LeGrand. The car was professional raced in the SCCA Super Vee Gold Cup series and national SCCA races in '72 through '74 and then the car was converted many years ago to race as a Formula Ford (by the gentlemen I purchased it from), and he raced it as a Formula Ford for lots of years in the SCCA SF Region.

I am aware of a number of people who have converted similar chassis using motorcycle engines.

There is a similar car in the Lane Motor Museum in Nashville, TN - a 1971 Legrand
    MK-12 Super Vee - and I'll bet they might let us use their body for body molds (although that car is different, the body is similar). That car is not period correct as they show it with a wing (that it did not have) but you can get an idea of how the car would look. Here's the link :
    https://www.lanemotormuseum.org/coll...super-vee-1971

This is a great project for someone who has the time. I have another 1978 Wheeler Super Vee and just don't have the time nor the garage space to finish this one as I had hoped. Not looking to get much for it, as I do need the garage space. PM me if you're interested and I can send some pictures.

Thanks
    I have to agree....

Please do not let anyone cut up your car ...
    1980 Lola T540E Club Ford
    1975 Lola T342 Club Ford

Liked: 319

Default sorry to hijack thread

Mike, I tried to PM you but your box had exceeded limits and would not accept an incoming PM. If you still have the Dulon and are interested in selling could you PM or email me at khollowell(at)frontier(dot)com?

thanks,

Kip

Quote Originally Posted by mike w View Post
    I have a Dulon MP21 formula ford roller that I would be willing to part with. The chassis is completely disassembled. If interested, give me your email address and I can send pics.
    Lola: When four springs just aren't enough.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 90

I might have a chassis that would work for you. I acquired a basket case of a DSR that was crashed last year and don't have any definite plans for what I'm going to do with it. The chassis suffered some damage, but it is repairable, and I can do the work. It is an A-mac AM7 chassis that last had a 08 GSXR in it. Uprights are still available from fast forward.

Liked: 802

There’s an RF95 FC roller on race-cars.com (no affiliation).
    Price seems high, but worth a call?
    Ian Macpherson
    Savannah, GA
    Race prep, support, and engineering.

Thread Information