Liked: 309

Default Calling all Formula SuperVees

Next year will mark the 50th year of Formula SuperVee participation in SCCA Club Racing. In late 1969 the SCCA BOD declared their support for a FSB class to relieve pressure on the oversubscribed FV class. To get it started they raised the max displacement to 1600cc and loosened the tire & wheel, brake, and gearbox rules to make the cars clearly faster than FV, and ran the first championship in 1971. Today the class lives on as a sub-class in FA. To help nascent efforts to organize a few commemorative events around the country I suggest we take a census of active cars, or those that can be made active, organized by region. Our Canadian friends are invited to add their cars in the region they prefer.

Far West
    Stan Clayton, SFR, 1975 Zink Z-10, water cooled, wings, no tunnels, under conversion

Mid West

South West

North East

South East
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Happy to add my car! It's ran when I got it last summer so I assume it will run when I'm finished going through it.

Far West
    Stan Clayton, SFR, 1975 Zink Z-10, water cooled, wings, no tunnels, under conversion

Mid West

South West

North East

South East
    Garey Guzman, ATL , 1976 Lola T326, a/c, wings, no tunnels, finished going through the front end, working on the back end prior to Vintage racing.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    Happy to add my car! It's ran when I got it last summer so I assume it will run when I'm finished going through it.

Far West

Mid West

South West

North East

South East
    Garey Guzman, ATL , 1976 Lola T326, a/c, wings, no tunnels, finished going through the front end, working on the back end prior to Vintage racing.
    Thomas Fraelich, Florida Keys. 1979 March 79v, 1600 cc, wings and slicks. 21 consecutive years running vintage racing

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post

Far West

Mid West

South West

North East

South East
    Thomas Fraelich, Florida Keys. 1979 March 79v, 1600 cc, wings and slicks. 21 consecutive years running vintage racing
    That's three...
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 101

Default fsv

Hi Stan,
    Ralt rt 5 # 287 Penske/ Davy Jones
    1800 cc
    Dee
    rt5
    rt41

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks Dee, where are you located?
    Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Liked: 101

So.Ca I am Mortons co-driver

Stan Clayton
    Stohr Cars

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 58

Default super vee

Quote Originally Posted by Stan Clayton View Post
    Denny Sederi in ohio has 2 GRIFFINS
    He stills runs out of Jimmy shop PRO STAR

14. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 66

Next year will mark the 50th year of Formula SuperVee participation in SCCA Club Racing. In late 1969 the SCCA BOD declared their support for a FSB class to relieve pressure on the oversubscribed FV class. To get it started they raised the max displacement to 1600cc and loosened the tire & wheel, brake, and gearbox rules to make the cars clearly faster than FV, and ran the first championship in 1971. Today the class lives on as a sub-class in FA. To help nascent efforts to organize a few commemorative events around the country I suggest we take a census of active cars, or those that can be made active, organized by region. Our Canadian friends are invited to add their cars in the region they prefer.

Far West

Mid West

South West

North East

South East
    Mid West
    Frank Muegge, Lola T250 HU09, just finished two year restoration, SC nose, wing, may have two more air cooled cars ready by next year as well.

Last edited by 2fast2stop; 06.12.19 at 2:38 PM.

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 22

Default 78 rt-1

That's three...
    Stan: I am restoring the x- Stu Moore 1978-80 RT-1. It should be done in 6 months.
    John Hafkenschiel
    Sacramento, CA

18. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1

Far West
    Kirk Clifford, 76 Lola T324, Wings, slicks. 1900cc. first year racing. Grand Junction, Colorado (there are 4 others in my town)

Mid West

South West

North East

South East
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fullsizeoutput_6e67.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	85944  

20. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Kirk, we were at HPR in May but missed you. The original owner of your car, Herm Johnson, was a longtime friend and my painting mentor, and I have a lot of (unscanned) photos of your car in 1976. If you ever want to paint it as original, I'd break out my gun and brushes.

Per the thread, I spoke with Nipper Alsup a few weeks ago. He found, bought, and restored his Dad Bill's Argo JM2 (?) that won both Pro titles in 1978. He plans to race it asap, and I'll direct him here.

I saw the car a year ago. It's perfect, but I sure miss my friend(s).

Herm and Bill both died in later 2016.
    Last edited by E1pix; 06.20.19 at 11:48 AM.

Liked: 1108

Whoops, double post.

Thread Information