Liked: 130

Default K&N angled FF filter 56-9290 wanted, ggrrrr......

What with the Formula Ford 50th here, if K&N had made 100 of these they still would been able to sell 200!!!

I am looking to buy this filter. I know this subject has been kicking around, if anybody has one or knows where we can get'em, please let me know !!!
    Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery...

Liked: 29

"""""I am looking to buy this filter. I know this subject has been kicking around, if anybody has one or knows where we can get'em, please let me know !!! """"

If you just need the filter element the K&N P/N is E9141, and they might have some around......... the complete assembly (56-9290) is probably discontinued. I suggest a call to NPW in Florida below.......they are a nationwide warehouse. Ask for a sales person and see if the part numbers come up in their computers. They won't sell to you but they will might tell you which of their wharehouses might have the part.

NPW Miami, FL (HQ)
    305-953-7300 • 800-344-0368

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 947
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

5. The following 3 users liked this post:

Default Thanks to everyone for helping out........

All dead-ends, so I have bought a Pipercross foam filter. Thanks again for all your input.

Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery...

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 141

You are now required to post a photo of the filter installed on the car.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Quote Originally Posted by J Leonard View Post
    You are now required to post a photo of the filter installed on the car.
    If it's required, here's the unit he's looking for, as installed on a March 719.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SVRA RRR Feb 16 2019.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	112.5 KB 
ID:	84034  
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 162

Probably a long-shot, but I've got a new (still in factory wrap) base plate for the K&N angled filter (56-9290). Not for sale but would trade for an E-9141 filter element, new or near-new.

Default Thanks for the offer and interest Bob........

But I'm looking to get a couple of complete filters for the upcoming season. So far, I haven't come across extra filters but if I do, I will contact you.
    Allan Buttrick

Liked: 83

Default An alternative from Demon Tweeks across the pond

I'm getting one of these. It's a bit expensive - about $130 USD with the base and shipping - but I really like the design because of the tapered cone and the quick release latch. Every time I take the little nuts off the K&N I fear I'm going to lose one. You'll need to write directly to Steve, and they do take PayPal (he can bill you through PayPal).

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/us/itg-jc20-formula-ford-tapered-air-filter-56-9290-itgjc-20-100ff/

Steve Shepherd.
    Export sales

DT(Automotives) Ltd T/A Demon Tweeks
    Reg Office: 75 Ash Road South, Wrexham Industrial Estate, Wrexham LL13 9UG
    E-Mail SteveS@demon-tweeks.co.uk
    Phone: (+44) 01978663021

https://www.demon-tweeks.com/us/itg-jc20-formula-ford-tapered-air-filter-56-9290-itgjc-20-100ff/

Default Thanks David....

I considered that as well. I am the "artist-type" and the looks of the newer filter on my "olde" historic ford bothered me.
    I felt the older K&N was more period correct.
    But, as someone else mentioned, kudos to ITG for stepping up to fill a filter void.
    Allan Buttrick

Demon Tweeks is a fine source for parts. Pegasus right up there in Wisconsin has supplied many unique parts for our sport and sells the same ITG Jc-20 tapered filter.

Liked: 83

Default ITG JC20 at Pegasus

I could have saved some money if I had known that. I guess the lack of a photo kept me from looking closer. Hey, we're guys... we're visual! Give us a picture for gosh sakes and I would have bought from Pegasus! Oh well....

DK

Liked: 162

Here's a possible solution for a replacement filter element. I called K&N tech support and described the problem. Tech came up with this filter, Model RC-5129:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/prod...d=6515482&rw=1

....except that won't work.

UPDATE #2: OK, so the dimensions Tech and I discussed were taken from the E-9141 filter element but don't match the 56-9290 filter, proving once again that fubar is the new normal. Changed my order to an RA-077V which has the 4.5" X 7" base. It's not tapered but it will fit my custom base plate and won't require any mods to the engine cover.
    Last edited by bob darcey; 03.09.19 at 12:10 PM.

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by DK540 View Post
    I could have saved some money if I had known that. I guess the lack of a photo kept me from looking closer. Hey, we're guys... we're visual! Give us a picture for gosh sakes and I would have bought from Pegasus! Oh well....

DK
    There was another post on this filter that I suggested the Pegasus option on. Sorry, could have put it here also.

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 11

Demon Tweeks had an exclusive on that air filter for a year, so we could not advertise it on line or in the catalog.
    Just call us

Quote Originally Posted by DK540 View Post

DK

Thread Information