Liked: 174

Default Decals - Numbers

I was wondering who everyone uses for race car numbers and class letters for their cars?

Mark

Liked: 482

https://www.firestormgraphix.com/

I don’t know how they compare price wise but I’ve been happy with the product and service.

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member hdsporty1988's Avatar
    Liked: 193

Pegasus, they're fast, accurate, great selection of colors and fonts, plus support our racing and contribute to this forum.

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Quote Originally Posted by hdsporty1988 View Post
    Pegasus, they're fast, accurate, great selection of colors and fonts, plus support our racing and contribute to this forum.
    Yes! They do a great job and the only time I ever had an issue, they replaced everything for free with free shipping. It was not really an issue it was just the amount in the different sizes was confused.

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 77

Default Harris Decals

JR

"Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most ! "

9. The following 4 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

I bought some vinyl and cut my own for my March VFF. Rough first effort in my opinion but very 30-foot acceptable.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

For my first set I bought some individual stick on letters and numbers of the color of my choice and appropriate size.

Now 40 years later I just use the backing off of the original set and contact paper of my choice of color as a pattern.

Chose to not go the costly route because they just get sandblasted and otherwise abused and .....need regular replacement to stay looking halfway decent.

Liked: 227

diylettering.com

Cheap, easy, fast, great customer service.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    diylettering.com

Cheap, easy, fast, great customer service.
    I used diylettering.com for my mx bike. Service/turnaround was great. I loved the ability to design and see exactly what I was getting.

Be aware that their "3M cast vinyl" is very thin and the adhesive is only slightly more effective than static cling.

I ordered my lettering in June 2018. I've already had to replace some of it due to failed adhesive. For the replacement vinyl I went with a company who is familiar with the needs/demands of the MX environment. Granted, I had to go with some off the shelf numbering, but it is vastly superior quality 3M vinyl. The cost per character was just under 1/4th the cheap diylettering. I am certain this is due to the economy of scale and the non-custom nature.

I did NOT contact diylettering to inquire about warranty, they may have very well replaced it for free. However, the order wasn't very expensive and I wasn't interested in repeating the process less than a year from now.

Liked: 138

I can help with custom stuff. I do my own. Use high quality 10 year vinyl.

Here are some examples. I wrapped my nose cone in clear vinyl after painting it too. No paint chips all season!!

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

15. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 227

Quote Originally Posted by Daryl DeArman View Post
    I used diylettering.com for my mx bike. Service/turnaround was great. I loved the ability to design and see exactly what I was getting.

Be aware that their "3M cast vinyl" is very thin and the adhesive is only slightly more effective than static cling.

I ordered my lettering in June 2018. I've already had to replace some of it due to failed adhesive. For the replacement vinyl I went with a company who is familiar with the needs/demands of the MX environment. Granted, I had to go with some off the shelf numbering, but it is vastly superior quality 3M vinyl. The cost per character was just under 1/4th the cheap diylettering. I am certain this is due to the economy of scale and the non-custom nature.

I did NOT contact diylettering to inquire about warranty, they may have very well replaced it for free. However, the order wasn't very expensive and I wasn't interested in repeating the process less than a year from now.

That's a bummer you had a bad experience with them. I've never had a problem with their standard vinyl fading or not sticking. Some of their vinyl has been on my car since 2007.

Cory

17. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 553

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Read View Post
    I've had good experiences with them, too. The initial attraction to them was their web site lets you do a lot and place your own order. You can speak to a human if needed, but not required.
    Racer Russ
    Palm Coast, FL

Liked: 268

Default graphix

There are services all over the country but the one I have used for years is: Landmark Grafix in Alameda. www.landmarkgrafix.com . With photos and sizes they can duplicate nearly any decals, logos,etc needed. All are now clear coated as well. Not cheap but about average price from anywhere. In your case you can find this kind of service locally but they do lots of this stuff for many racers.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    That's a bummer you had a bad experience with them. I've never had a problem with their standard vinyl fading or not sticking. Some of their vinyl has been on my car since 2007.

Cory
    Maybe their "standard" vinyl is much thinner, lower quality than it used to be??? I don't blame them. I had an option of vinyl and chose the lowest quality of their 3M-brand offerings. If folks use them, I'd just encourage them to stay away from the standard 3M cast vinyl and choose the premium.

Also, the numbering and lettering was being applied to a very smooth and glossy plastic surface, not painted metal. That may have played a significant role. The new stuff I bought was much thicker and much stickier. . . we'll see how it holds up.

Liked: 47

I can help you out as well.

Ian Lenhart

Ian@Level11creative.com
    414-719-2043
    Ian Lenhart
    Level 11 Creative
    www.level11creative.com
    lenhart06@yahoo.com

Liked: 74

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Lenhart View Post
    I can help you out as well.

Ian Lenhart

Ian@Level11creative.com
    414-719-2043
    Two big thumbs up for Ian, he's done great work for me a few times!

Barry Ott

Liked: 10

I've used these folks a couple of times for their "no background" roundel numbers.
    https://www.isaydingdong.co.uk/

They're across the pond so shipping takes a week or two but I've been very satisfied with their reasonable price and excellent quality.
    (I'll be curious to see what Brexit does to the exchange rate... Things could get even cheaper. Or not.)
    Here's the link to the specific product I buy
    https://www.isaydingdong.co.uk/oursh...-Set-of-3.html

and how they look on my car.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by EricP View Post
    https://www.firestormgraphix.com/

I don’t know how they compare price wise but I’ve been happy with the product and service.
    I used https://www.firestormgraphix.com/ every year. Very reasonable and good quality product.

Liked: 79

For numbers: I have been using plain old contact paper since my FF days. Had some number templates made in AutoCAD. Time consuming to trace and cut, but they look nice and never had issues with them. They use to make a glossy yellow that looked nice on my red Hawke.

I would rather apply the $100 to tires.

Just used Firestorm for name decals-fast service, fair price.

Liked: 138

Everyone I found was expensive so that's why I bought my own plotter and do them. Sell number sets to fellow racers usually for around 20-40 cdn depending on sizes and designs.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Thread Information