Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 6

An update! So I managed to throw together one of the worst packages at a great price! I picked up a Hummer H3 for dirt cheap. Not my top ten tow rig by any means. If the engine goes, maybe a 5.3 swap. It has the i5 in it .

after a day of searching I found an enclosed 7x12 for $840 and have a towing setup for less than $5000.

i towed the trailer empty for an hour with no major issues (while the trailer stayed on the ball] found the coupler on trailer is broken.
    But made it home with the trailer in tact.

i kept speed around 60mph and that’s about all the poor hummer wants to do. It can go faster but it is working hard.

Ill have to take both front and rear wings off to transport in this setup. I may sell it and get a bigger one. TBD
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 138

Gonna need a mortgage for fuel lol hope the car fits! Worst case though you just sell this and get something else later.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Liked: 6

Went through $20 in fuel driving one hour! Good news is Cota is only 45 minutes from my house and that’s primarily where I plan on taking it for the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesbe View Post
    Gonna need a mortgage for fuel lol hope the car fits! Worst case though you just sell this and get something else later.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Hopefully it works out just fine for the frequent and close-by COTA trips. When you make the trek to PPIHC you are definitely going to need more tow vehicle. Probably best to just rent a 3/4 ton pickup for that trip!

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Fastbetty View Post
    An update! So I managed to throw together one of the worst packages at a great price! I picked up a Hummer H3 for dirt cheap. Not my top ten tow rig by any means. If the engine goes, maybe a 5.3 swap. It has the i5 in it .

after a day of searching I found an enclosed 7x12 for $840 and have a towing setup for less than $5000.

i towed the trailer empty for an hour with no major issues (while the trailer stayed on the ball] found the coupler on trailer is broken.
    But made it home with the trailer in tact.

i kept speed around 60mph and that’s about all the poor hummer wants to do. It can go faster but it is working hard.

Ill have to take both front and rear wings off to transport in this setup. I may sell it and get a bigger one. TBD
    I just bought a very similar (though not nearly as cheap!) 7x12 and my FM fits with the front wing off. I couldn't be happier with how it fits honestly. I don't really have the driveway or desire to tow any larger enclosed so this is perfect. Trailer and car weigh less than 2,800 lbs. I tow with a '16 Frontier (6,100 lb tow rating).

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information