Thread: Kris Kaiser

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Default Kris Kaiser

RIP Kris Kaiser
    Godspeed

Liked: 91

Just heard this today. What a bummer. Kris was a character, and deep down was a really kind hearted guy. He was about winning, not just collecting checks from guys willing to pay for rides. That doesn’t happen often anymore. I was lucky to be on the recieving end of his kindness and generosity, and I’m better off for the time I spent with Kris, and Gibby. He was a true racer, one of the hardest workers I’ve ever met, and an all around good guy.

Rest Easy, Kris.

3. The following 11 users liked this post:

Liked: 159

Default rip Kris

Kris will be greatly missed. He did a lot for our sport.

JerryH

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Morgan View Post
    Just heard this today. What a bummer. Kris was a character, and deep down was a really kind hearted guy. He was about winning, not just collecting checks from guys willing to pay for rides. That doesn’t happen often anymore. I was lucky to be on the recieving end of his kindness and generosity, and I’m better off for the time I spent with Kris, and Gibby. He was a true racer, one of the hardest workers I’ve ever met, and an all around good guy.

Rest Easy, Kris.
    Horrible news. What happened?
    Ron

Liked: 984

I am truly gutted by this news. Kris was one of the most passionate guys about his business and winning is what he was all about.
    My thought and prayers are with his young family. I cannot begin to imagine the pain they must be suffering.

You will be missed my friend.

John

8. The following 5 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Prayers and condolences for his family and friends

Contributing Member ric baribeault's Avatar
    Liked: 258

Rip

Liked: 447

i didn't know Kris personally, but you didn't have to be in the formula car racing community for very long to know K-Hill and it's impact on the club racing. RIP, Kris.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

12. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 1432

Quote Originally Posted by Ron B. View Post
    Horrible news. What happened?
    I heard it was a heart attack that occurred on Sunday.

Best to his family.

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3787

Kris was one of the most colorful characters at any race track.
    He truly loved the sport.
    He was passionate about it. Dedicated his life to it.
    I learned much from him.
    Of course as he was a team owner and I as a tech director, we had many spirited discussions.
    And then a few hours later we would be at Seibkens together.

In spite of the volume/intensity of the discussion I always knew he was arguing for what he thought was the good of the sport.
    We enjoyed our many visits to K-Hill. On occasion we would leave our motorhome at his home for storage between races.

With much success as a team owner in F1600, I still think his true love was Formula Atlantic.

Contributing Member Steve Bamford's Avatar
    Liked: 619

Sad news. Too soon to go. Prayers for his family.
    Steve Bamford

Liked: 212

Godspeed Kris. RIP
    Cheers
    Len

Porsche River Oaks. Houston

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1488

he picked up on an impending mechanical on my car that could have caused a nasty wreck at Charlotte. Came by my paddock spot to make sure I knew about it.

Liked: 0

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Cole Morgan View Post

Rest Easy, Kris.
    I could not have said it any better, as i had the same experience of Kris. Kind, generous, fun, genuine and honest. And i know he thought the world of you Cole - he spoke very highly of you to me.

Liked: 78

It is not going to be the same without seeing Kris at the track. He would always come over on his golf cart or scooter to check on me. Normally he would watch me run then come back and say what was that? We had a unique driver debriefing... He has helped me countless times over the years. I would show up at his shop in the middle of the night and he would have the part laying out ready to go. Took me on countless track walks. He took me on a track walk at Summit when I first stated racing and dropped 4 seconds just with his help.

He will be missed
    Derek

21. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 896

A sad day! Such a vital person, cannot believe you are gone! Thanks for your help. RIP Sir
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 105

Default Kris will be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    A sad day! Such a vital person, cannot believe you are gone! Thanks for your help. RIP Sir
    I cannot begin to put into words how much I will miss Kris at the track! I just heard the news today. I shared a rented shop one winter with Kris and his crew when he decided to winter over one year in Ft Lauderdale. No question, Kris was abrasive and challenged everyone around him be it friends or crew. I was lucky to get to know the warm and caring friendly side and sometimes had to ‘block’ the other side that most people see day to day. He always tried to help me at the track whether it was badly needed parts or very valuable data from his hot shoe drivers. Diane and I met his new wife and saw him just recently at the Sebring Majors. His race team has set a tough standard that we all need to follow. RIP Kris!
    Hartley MacDonald
    2006 Van Dieman RF06

Contributing Member Mike Scanlan's Avatar
    Liked: 94

Default RIP Kris

One word......RACER.......it's what makes this sport what it is and was the epitome.....

25. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 23

Default RIP Kris

Horrible news. I got to know Kris at NJMP. He was always helpful and generous with his time. Like others have said, the paddock won't be the same...

Contributing Member
    Liked: 215

Kris was never abrasive just direct,he usually said what he meant and meant what he said, always quite a character and had no limit on how hard he would work to try and win. A sad loss and a huge hole left in open wheel racing.

29. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 984

31. The following 7 users liked this post:

Contributing Member crowe motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 34

Default A loss for so many and our sport!

Shocked at this very sad news!
    Kris made a difference for many and for our Sport.
    He left a legacy to be remembered.
    My prayers are with his family and team.

Great job by SCCA getting that article out.

Oh boy... still can't believe it.

Liked: 2

RIP my friend

Liked: 9

I first met Kris in '08 when he delivered my just purchased DB4 to Road Atlanta promised to be race ready. It was. With a bit of extra padding and lots of encouragement it was a fun and successful weekend. Years later we talked about driving a vintage Formula Ford. He invited me to Abbottstown and Summit Point the following weekend for an SCCA Formula Fest where he introduced me to Joe Marcinski which led to the next racing adventure. Thank you Kris. You were such an important part of my racing experience. You will always have a space in the paddock of my heart. Rest in peace my friend.

Liked: 24

I first me Kris in 08' after the engine in my FA failed at the June Sprints. Kris approached me and offered to rent me his personal RT41 for the remainder of the weekend. After agreeing on a price, I finished the weekend and left with a very positive opinion of Kris and K-Hill. For the beginning of the 2011 season I was looking for a new team to run with, after the passing of Rob St Clair. I decided to become a K-Hill member and learned very quickly that Kris was very determined to give the best for his drivers - no-matter what it took. In March we were at Atlanta and I had another motor failure and had no spare, by the next morning Kris had made arrangements to transport a motor to the track from PA and had it installed with only missing one session. Kris always had a positive attitude, if I had a session where my performance was a bit off, Kris would give me an inspirational speech which usually made a difference on my performance. I moved on from K-Hill after 2011 but Kris did not stop reaching for the top, his team grew by leaps and bounds and his influence in the open wheel community was realized by the consistent results in FF and FA.

God Speed Kris

Jason Byers

37. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 157

Default Nice guy to deal with. We will miss him

Kris rented me a star mazda on the spot when my FF car failed terminally. The rental price was awesome and the deal was done with a handshake. He made a bad weekend go to an epic one. He went way too soon. Thoughts go out to his family, especially the kids

RIP

For those of us who would like to pay our respects, there will be a memorial service for Kris Kaiser at 11 AM on Friday, February 15th at the Annunciation Blessed Virgin Mary Catholic Church, 26 North 3rd Street, McSherrystown, PA 17344. There will be a celebration of Kris' life at the Elks Lodge #763, 37 North Forney Avenue, Hanover, PA 17331.

Verification of this and a place for delivering messages to the family can be found on the News page at K-HlllMotorsport.com

Thread Information