Butterfly style rotors all round
    Adustable front ARB
    Helmet surround
    Custom rad screens
    Rebuilt/revalved Dynamics
    New belts
    Rebuilt starter
    Rebuilt slave cyl.-annular release

Asking $20K US. You can't buy the parts for this price I don't think. Spares listed seperatly because of the size of the ad.

E-mail: westrocmotorsport@hotmail.ca
    All enquiries will be answered promptly.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Westroc #19; 12.30.19 at 2:11 PM.

2. The following 8 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Wow !
    Buy this and dominate AZ F2000.

Liked: 2

Default better than new

This car is really better than new !!! I have seen it in person !!
    Lee A. Jordan

Liked: 95

Default Thanks for the comments

Yeah thanks for the positive comments. I am retiring from open wheel. I have a fantastic collection of equipment gathered over a life's work. Well from 1985 until now anyway. Having said that I am very disappointed with the idea that somehow almost everybody thinks it's a fire sale. Hey after all these years I know my stuff is not worth a million dollars and selling in this market IS at fire sale prices. Just hope some of the newbies (and just about everybody is a newbie to me) realize that someday when it's time to sell YOUR stuff it doesn't come back to bite you in the -ss. I would have hoped that if you treat someone with fair pricing you get the same in return. So far not so much. And to the 2 guys that privately asked for my phone number and then didn't bother to call after 2+ weeks- don't bother.
    5 guys say they sent cheques and I actually got one. Makes me think our "community" needs to improve. Makes me also think I made the correct decision. Perhaps a sorry commentary but the truth.
    Anyway I have 2 a cars and a ton of parts. I have probably 15 sets of tires and judging by the size of some race entry lists that's more than the entire field. You get the idea.
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3294

Default Huge bargain!

I know the kind of attention to detail that Jim puts into his work. For that price, IMO, it's a fabulous deal.
    Dave Weitzenhof

8. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 3787

A '99 VD-Pinto is like the ultimate regional car. Looking at attendance numbers... it is a top 3 Majors car.
    A car that could easily be a leader in the GLC.

Besides which, one could buy a cheaper worn out POS and then spend a hell of a lot more to get to this class of a vehicle.

Mrs. Frog has hidden my checkbook.
    I really appreciate what Westroc is trying to accomplish in terms of helping future racers.

10. The following 4 users liked this post:

Default Grand Pooh Baah

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    A '99 VD-Pinto is like the ultimate regional car. Looking at attendance numbers... it is a top 3 Majors car.
    A car that could easily be a leader in the GLC.

Besides which, one could buy a cheaper worn out POS and then spend a hell of a lot more to get to this class of a vehicle.

Mrs. Frog has hidden my checkbook.
    I really appreciate what Westroc is trying to accomplish in terms of helping future racers.
    You have hit the nail on the head perfectly. The cars have been suffered over and I would love to see them go to a newish guy. It will come with a guy w35 yrs in SCCA and if I just save you from just my mistakes it will save you a fortune. I'll give you a tiny example. I buy my first FF from Jeff Horton. Head wizard of electronic somethings for Indy car last I heard. Ask him which black wire (note to self) is battery positive. Yep it's backwards. Got a puncture in a slick and put a rubber plug in it at drivers school (yes GOD'S truth) and survived. New guys don't ever, ever do that.
    Addressing the attention to detail. I stone the mounting for the calipers. What everybody else does is take washers (usually not even the same thickness) to centre the caliper over the rotor and call it done. Which car do you think can brake better at the last cone on the backstretch at Mid-Ohio. Yours or mine? Sure, sure there's more to it than that.
    Look I am 66 plus and it's time to give back. I choose to do that to the purchasers If they wish if only to save them from themselves.

12. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 104

Quote Originally Posted by Westroc View Post
    Yeah thanks for the positive comments. I am retiring from open wheel. I have a fantastic collection of equipment gathered over a life's work. Well from 1985 until now anyway. Having said that I am very disappointed with the idea that somehow almost everybody thinks it's a fire sale. Hey after all these years I know my stuff is not worth a million dollars and selling in this market IS at fire sale prices. Just hope some of the newbies (and just about everybody is a newbie to me) realize that someday when it's time to sell YOUR stuff it doesn't come back to bite you in the -ss. I would have hoped that if you treat someone with fair pricing you get the same in return. So far not so much. And to the 2 guys that privately asked for my phone number and then didn't bother to call after 2+ weeks- don't bother.
    5 guys say they sent cheques and I actually got one. Makes me think our "community" needs to improve. Makes me also think I made the correct decision. Perhaps a sorry commentary but the truth.
    Anyway I have 2 a cars and a ton of parts. I have probably 15 sets of tires and judging by the size of some race entry lists that's more than the entire field. You get the idea.

I get what you are trying to say, however, I am one of those that contacted you regarding a Pinto cylinder head. I only needed a sell price and never got one. Put a price out and see what happens

Liked: 3787

Wait a minute!

Are you telling me everybody doesn't put a plug in a slick at drivers school?
    I thought that was part of the deal.
    You just need to cut it real close to the surface with a razor blade... If you leave the plug waving in the breeze a sliding tire may pull it out. Just saying.

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by John Green View Post
    I get what you are trying to say, however, I am one of those that contacted you regarding a Pinto cylinder head. I only needed a sell price and never got one. Put a price out and see what happens
    So I looked I up and see that I did reply telling you what I had in to it. I have sent a more detailed PM.

Liked: 104

So I looked I up and see that I did reply telling you what I had in to it. I have sent a more detailed PM.
    Got it, thanks

Liked: 947

I would so love to have this car. It's beautiful. I need a 6 car garage because I also have my eye on a Brabham BT21..... Sigh
    “Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty.” -Peter Egan

Liked: 610

I stone the mounting for the calipers. What everybody else does is take washers (usually not even the same thickness) to centre the caliper over the rotor and call it done.
    Jim,
    From your description, one procedure is moving the caliper one direction, and adding the shims are moving it the other.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 855

You have hit the nail on the head perfectly. The cars have been suffered over and I would love to see them go to a newish guy. It will come with a guy w35 yrs in SCCA and if I just save you from just my mistakes it will save you a fortune. I'll give you a tiny example. I buy my first FF from Jeff Horton. Head wizard of electronic somethings for Indy car last I heard. Ask him which black wire (note to self) is battery positive. Yep it's backwards. Got a puncture in a slick and put a rubber plug in it at drivers school (yes GOD'S truth) and survived. New guys don't ever, ever do that.
    Addressing the attention to detail. I stone the mounting for the calipers. What everybody else does is take washers (usually not even the same thickness) to centre the caliper over the rotor and call it done. Which car do you think can brake better at the last cone on the backstretch at Mid-Ohio. Yours or mine? Sure, sure there's more to it than that.
    Look I am 66 plus and it's time to give back. I choose to do that to the purchasers If they wish if only to save them from themselves.
    If only you were continuing, a Lola FSV might have been a good trade!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Default I so want the car

Well I'll give you the deal of the century. 2 cars /98 and a /99 and probably 15 thousand in spares for 35K. That would include 15 (or so) sets of tires. AND for a thousand bucks I'll take what a week off work and meet you half way. Now what are you gonna do.

22. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 2

Default Best Deal on ApexSpeed

Bump for Best Deal on ApexSpeed

Lee

Default seller bump

Viewing at 2,600. Somebody that is viewing must want these cars. Individually or otherwise. Open to any suggestions, ideas for sale. Optimistically hoping that is soon.

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Race them Jim. That way you get to have fun and show what the cars are capable of

Liked: 22

Please contact Jim if interested.
    519-727-6133
    westrocmotorsport@hotmail.ca
    Corey Collins

Default Getting a fair deal

I would be happiest selling to a new guy most but the cars are available now. The fall is the best time to get a start on a car for next season. No intention of racing after all these years. Come have a look. Jim.

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default Delivered today!

Sitting in Texas now - if one Van Diemen is good then three is even better right? Nicer than advertised!

FF Honda kit going in one to become a second FF for my operation. Still working on plans for the third car in FC config.

Thanks for a smooth transaction Jim.

Jay Messenger
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Thread Information