Liked: 65

Default F1000 moving to FRP and SCCA Pro Racing

North American Formula 1000 Championship joins Formula Race Promotions
    and Hoosier Racing Tire in SCCA Pro Racing for the 2019 Championship Season.

Formula 1000 has a new home in professional racing in the FRP championship, racing at iconic tracks including Road Atlanta, Watkins Glen, VIR, and more. Joining the move by FRP to SCCA Pro Racing sanctioning for the 2019 season ensures continued growth for the NorthAm F1000 Championship.

Bringing an additional racing class into the Atlantic Championship Series is an ideal fit. Atlantic and F1000 are far enough apart in speed – Roughly 5 seconds – to allow two independent races within one session. In a majority of cases the classes may never see each other on the race track.

The traditional Random Drawing prizes during the complimentary lunch will continue with cash and prizes from Hoosier Racing Tire, MPT Industries, Sunoco Race Fuels, Taylor Race Engineering, and many more. Not only ensuring all drivers continue to win cash with random drawings, F1000 drivers will earn cash in every race – in every finishing position.

Read full story at NorthAmF1000.com

Attached Images Attached Images  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 159

Default F1000 with newer engines

Due to the constant battle with SCCA Club Racing over the engine rules......and the merging of FB with FA......The North American Formula 1000 Championship has moved up to SCCA Pro Racing with Formula Race Promotions starting in 2019.

We will be on Hoosier tires....open compound.

Since announcing the move, we have several more drivers interested in running the series. F1000 WILL CONTINUE TO GROW AT THE PRO LEVEL.

if you don't want to fight the expensive and losing battle with FA in club racing, come run with us. Cost is the same as a majors weekend and test day.....and there is more (and better) track time (3 hours).

The series will keep the engines rules as they were intended......,pure stock.....including the throttle bodies and ecu that came with the engine.

if newer engines can be made to work using the stock throttle body and ecu.....they are legal in F!000......and it can be done.

I knew someone would get the bmw working at some point.....and I am sure the late Kaw can be done.....with the throttle body and ecu it came with.

I have managed to get the 17-18 gxsr working in a car....with all the stock pieces.....and it presented the same issues (fly by wire throttle and inertia management unit cutting power in several situations).

F1000 is alive and well guys.....keep on racing.

For those of you out west who simply can't tow back east to run our series......create your own championship.....within scca club racing.....at majors and/or regionals. It doesn't matter what class letter is on the cars.....have your own F1000 podium and trophies. You do not need sponsorship to pull that off. I would suggest you follow our lead on keeping the engine rules stock. You will not be competitve with FA......but who cares.....you will have your own (unofficial) group to compete with.

Right now there are way more active drivers east of the Mississippi than west. Maybe you can change that.

Jerry Hodges
    636-399-7060
    NorthAmF1000

Liked: 101

Jerry....what is the actual entry fee ?

Liked: 65

Default fees

Quote Originally Posted by bill gillespie View Post
    Jerry....what is the actual entry fee ?
    $899 for Three hours of track time > $700 + $300 (race + test day) majors weekend with mixed classes and constant yellow flags.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 799

Quote Originally Posted by RightTurnPromotions View Post
    $899 for Three hours of track time > $700 + $300 (race + test day) majors weekend with mixed classes and constant yellow flags.
    I thought the FRP FA-class entry fee was $2200 or so?

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    I thought the FRP FA-class entry fee was $2200 or so?
    That is correct. 2200 for a single FA entry, and 899 for FB entry.....same track sessions and races...

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 126

Save a few bucks Bill and join FB!

Quote Originally Posted by RobLav View Post
    Save a few bucks Bill and join FB!
    ive never been known to take good advice...????

Contributing Member Mike Devins's Avatar
    Liked: 29

Quote Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
    The series will keep the engines rules as they were intended......,pure stock.....including the throttle bodies and ecu that came with the engine.
    Jerry will the racing ECU be allowed per the current rules

Contributing Member
    Liked: 862

Default FRP entry costs

Bill, Ian- I need to correct your posted information about entry fees for Atlantic. While it is indeed $2,200 for a full entry- that is for a one off event and not part of a package. The 'real' Atlantic entry cost is $1,650 when connected with one of the packages-no change from last year. Entries open February 1st on Motorsportreg.com.

Also, while it appears that its same track, same track time there are differences behind the scene such as prize money and series management so they can't really be compared.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post
    Bill, Ian- I need to correct your posted information about entry fees for Atlantic. While it is indeed $2,200 for a full entry- that is for a one off event and not part of a package. The 'real' Atlantic entry cost is $1,650 when connected with one of the packages-no change from last year. Entries open February 1st on Motorsportreg.com.

Also, while it appears that its same track, same track time there are differences behind the scene such as prize money and series management so they can't really be compared.
    Respectfully Bob,
    I always said the 2200 was for a single FA entry, and I only paid 1650 for a single entry in the past.....it’s still an apple to apple comparison to the guy writing the check, but at the end of the day, it’s your series.
    regards,
    Bill

Liked: 799

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wright View Post

thx Bob, I'd heard the 2200 prior to posting, but have subsequently seen the 1650;

Liked: 6

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Devins View Post
    Jerry will the racing ECU be allowed per the current rules
    I would hope.

Liked: 126

You back from hiding Don?

Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Don, you should join the NAF1000 discussion group on Slack. We'll be covering these kinds of topics plus much more over there. Email Tim Pierce for access. Anyone involved with the series in any way should get on that slack group if you can.
    Firman F1000

Liked: 6

Will do.
    Thanks Thomas

Liked: 3

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Copeland View Post
    Don, you should join the NAF1000 discussion group on Slack. We'll be covering these kinds of topics plus much more over there. Email Tim Pierce for access. Anyone involved with the series in any way should get on that slack group if you can.
    Hi Thomas, is there any way you could give me Tim’s email so I could join this group. I’m seriously looking into f1000. Looked at Jeremy Hill’s car but trying to learn all I can before I pull the trigger.

Thank you!
    perry

Liked: 159

Default F1000 series info

Hey Perry I sent you a private message.
    Jerry Hodges.

Thread Information