Contributing Member
    Liked: 75

Default '88 Reynard FC Tail Sections

The restoration of my '88 Reynard FC is nearing completion. I am looking for insight into these two tail sections with diapers. A picture is attached. I believe I was originally informed the set on the left is for slower tracks and the set on the right is for faster long tracks. Isn't obvious to me why although I hypothesize it is about funneling air to the rear wing.

Secondly, does anyone have photos as to the fasteners used to mate the pairs? It would help to see the parts installed.

I am back in school for CVAR Vintage Feb 22nd at MSR Houston. It has been a very long while since my SCCA National License expired. Ought to be fun. Anyway, I need things figured out by then. Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Liked: 3787

The pieces were held together with spare black rubber 'O" rings pulled over a hook mounted to each piece.
    Some folks just drilled small holes and zip-tied them together. Some bonded the two pieces together as one unit. Many trimmed the outside wings completely off...

Because I am a big believer in diffusers, I trimmed the bottom off the assembly to let it sit firmly on top of the diffuser. (see photo)
    I also always ran a more modern rear wing package mounted to the gearbox.

The cars did not come originally with diffusers. Depends on the look and/or performance you are going for.

Liked: 482

Default Rear wing

I believe I have a late 80s Reynard FC rear wing and that I no longer need. LMK if you need one.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 75

Thanks Purple Frog, very helpful. re you familiar with the two tail section styles and pros or cons to each?

Eric, Is that the stock set up with the lower tube mount? If so, I have that as my spare.Have you a pic from the backside?

Liked: 3787

I doubt you will notice any on track difference between the two types of tail sections.
    I've see a lot of folks just leave them off completely...

Quote Originally Posted by jtaphorn View Post
    Thanks Purple Frog, very helpful. re you familiar with the two tail section styles and pros or cons to each?

Eric, Is that the stock set up with the lower tube mount? If so, I have that as my spare.Have you a pic from the backside?
    The horizontal piece inside the lower element is a tube but the mounts to the gearbox are two plates. Can’t find a great pic but you can kinda see it here.

Default Swift

Nope, never mind... if this is the original tail in this ad, it is a Swift tail. Mine is exactly like this but with a lower element intact:

https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...ift-FB87-F2000

Thread Information