Liked: 2

Default 2000 Novakar J9 for sale

Last raced back in 2012 at Waterford Hills in MI. Priorities have changed and this car must go. Needs a few things before it can race but it is a strong foundation. The car was painstakingly prepared and set up, which is one of the reasons I was on the podium a couple of times in my rookie year of open-wheel racing.

DETAILED PICTURES in Google Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3RKvd6rHuwL1EQgK7

Features:
    - Rotax 494 engine w/electric start & airbox
    - Hulings Clutches
    - 50mm chromoly rear axle
    - AP Racing Brake m/c & dual front Wilwood calipers with Tilton cockpit brake bias adjustment
    - 5lb Halon Fire System
    - AIM Mychron 3 datalogger & AMB transponder
    - SCCA & Waterford Hills Logbooks with full history

Before I went through drivers school and ran 3 race weekends at Waterford Hills in 2012, the following work was completed:

- New belly pan, right sidepod & carbon diffuser (diffuser is practically brand new)
    - 1 season old Brad Hulings clutches and new drive belt
    - New Jackshaft bearing housings and bearings
    - New 50mm rear axle made from 0.188" wall 4130 chromoly steel tubing
    - New Acculoc rear axle bearings (they clamp on solidly to the axle tube)
    - New 520 O-ring chain, front sprocket & 7075 rear sprocket (15/47 gear ratio)
    - New Mikuni high-flow fuel pump
    - New Suspension rubber pucks
    - All rod-ends in the front & rear suspension replaced

Spares / special tools:
    - 3 full sets of Keizer/Kodiak wheels with mounted slicks and rains. Several rim halves and center rings
    - Quick jack & Gantry with electric hoist (red jackstands shown in pic not included)
    - Chain & jackshaft tools
    - Engine leakdown tester
    - Setup jigs for ride height and wheel alignment
    - Boxful of odds and ends, radiator, chains, fasteners, brake calipers, pads etc.
    - Old 1.25" rear axle assembly

The car will need the following work before it can be on track:

- Belts (they expired in 2014)
    - Fuel cell (leaks at filler but possibly repairable by FuelSafe)
    - Left front hub (one of the legs broke off, better to replace both fronts)
    - Bodywork repairs (Nose and left sidepod)
    - Battery

My asking price of $5000 hopefully reflects the condition of the car and my desire for a quick sale. Located in South-East Michigan.

I don't check this forum often, so best way to reach me would be a phone call or text at 231-715-1505. Thanks for looking!

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by f5_driver; 12.25.18 at 1:46 PM. Reason: added location

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 2

I have received a 10% good faith deposit from a buyer. Sold pending full payment and local pickup. Thanks Apexspeed!

Liked: 3

Because whats better than one Novakar??? lol

Thread Information