Liked: 3

Default 1986 Swift DB-1 Reduced $1000

CAR IS SOLD

1986 Swift DB-1 Formula Ford -$15,900

Price includes car and $3K - $4K value of Spares

Excellent Condition. Ready to race. Competitive and needs nothing.

2019: April - New Tilton Clutch, rebuilt master cylinder, new slave cylinder - Frank Monise Motors, Montclair, CA

2018:

Nov. 30 -Brake fluid bled, oil/filter, and water changed; valves adjusted, Aluminum head torqued by Frank Monise Motors
    Sept. - Repainted to high gloss with Sherman Williams 3rd Dimension Urethane Enamel – Bright Red/42828, w/ Blue & Glare White center stripe. Only two race weekends with new paint and livery.
    Four Hoosier VFF treaded tires with 9 heat cycles on center lock Panasport rims. (Also four American Racing slicks with 15 – 20 cycles on Panasports and four Dunlop Racing treaded/rain on Panasports with little wear of unknown age.)

S&W water temp gauge, Neil Porter Racing brake pads, engine cover w/ K&N cone air filter formed by N.Porter, lower rear body panel, fuel cell mesh/foam; Starter and spare rebuilt; corner weighted and aligned.

2017- Stack Tach, Oddessy BC68 battery, ignition wires, and plugs; coil,distributor, fuel pump tested and replaced as necessary.

Other:
    OMP belts good until 2021.

The car has been maintained and supported since my purchase by Stewart Paterson Motorsports, Fallbrook, CA. with some work by Frank Monise and Pick's Machine Shop, Santa Ana, CA

I have all logbooks since new which indicate that the DB-1 began racing in the SCCA NewEngland Region with many podiums and wins in the northeast. It came to So. Cal. In 2009 and was rebuilt-reassembled soon after that by Graham Collins, Collins Racing Services (Santa Ana).

The previous owners were Phil and Mark Stratford and Mark's first race was March of 2011. Only 6 more weekends were logged by Stratfords. They owned several race cars including two F1’s and their FF’s were mainly for training.

The engine was rebuilt by J. Ivey sometime between 2013 and 2015 with a 10/10 SCCA Scat crank, +.050 CP pistons, and the aluminum head #IV0309 was machined .007.

I purchased the car in April of 2016 and my first FF race was Nov., 2016. I’ve raced the car 10 race weekends and some test days. The engine is still strong. Frank Monise Motors reports good compression on all cylinders.

This was my first and only FF and although I was the most inexperienced FF driver in the club by 2018 I was mostly running mid pack with “FF, The Series”/“FF Drivers Club(s)” sanctioned within VARA, plus 1 SVRA event. I got a few class podiums and was 3rd in class points for 2017and 2018 with FFTS/FFDC. I had some sub 1:30’s at Willow Springs and low 1:50’s at Autoclub Speedway. A more experienced driver should do better.

Racing the DB-1has been the joy of my life, but I retired earlier this year and unfortunately I’m forced to sell due to changing circumstances and other personal issues.

There are many more photos available, plus a cold start video.

Also a 1997 Dodge Ram 1500 Magnum 5.9 Ltr. Pickup - $3000
    Club Cab; 87,310 miles; Good Condition, everything functions; Partially repainted in 2016 & 2018; Bed liner; 2018: New front wheel bearings, new starter/solenoid, new motor and transmission mounts; 2017: new battery, new front brake pads and rotors; 4K miles on General 265/70R16 tires; 2016 new rear brake shoes and resurfaced drums.
    16.5 Ft. Dico Twin Axle Trailer w/Storage Cabinet - $1000
    Modified for FF; 2016: 4 new + spare Carlisle Sport Trail tires and wheel bearings lubed; repainted in 2016 & 2018. Base mount for near new Champion power winchwhich is included in sale.
    Sale of all Three Together Including all Spares - $20,000
    richmathias2@yahoo.com
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by bikeflyride; 09.03.19 at 8:11 PM. Reason: changing price

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Thread Information