View Poll Results: Future of FB Preferance

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Do nothing; resulting in losing Runoffs/Majors status

6 14.29%
  • Merge with FA, allowing open ECUs and backdated/open intakes

14 33.33%
  • Rules change; outlaw assisted shifting, only use stock engines, and some sort of power limiter

22 52.38%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Contributing Member Thomas Copeland's Avatar
    Liked: 165

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    In my experience (FF), FRP puts on an excellent event. Whatever the pricing details, I think that customers will be pleased.

For FB in general, the only downsides are:

1. This works for FB owners in the FRP catchment area (i.e. the eastern part of the country). For FB owners in the west, not so much.

2. If it matters, this drives the nail in the coffin of a separate FB class in SCCA, If it matters to folks.

I'm located in the West. In fact my car is in a garage at Thunderhill right now. As soon as I'm finished with my winter testing program in March I'm shipping my car back East and running with NAF1000. So it can be done, and yes, it does cost more, but worth it to me. I have a budget so I'll race as much as I can until it's expended.

The nail in the coffin for F1000 as a separate class (FB) in SCCA club racing was done back in May with that Car Count Criteria. But with a real Pro Series F1000 no longer needs a separate class in SCCA club to survive and those with F1000 cars can still race in SCCA if we want to. It is the best situation for everyone in F1000 going forward, for both those in the NAF1000 Championship and those that want to stay in SCCA club racing as FA.
    Firman F1000

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Copeland View Post

The nail in the coffin for F1000 as a separate class (FB) in SCCA club racing was done back in May with that Car Count Criteria. ...

In point of fact, it was FB (non-)participation in Majors/Runoffs that triggered this. Just sayin.

I think that we all agree that the CRB/BOD 'process' this fall was a mess. Such a mess that there might have been a chance to reverse or delay it. The FRP announcement likely puts paid to that.

As I noted in my earlier message, if having an FB class in SCCA is not important to folks, then it's no big deal.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information