Liked: 3

Default Stolen Panasport wheels & Hoosier tires

On December 6, 2018, my truck was stolen and the contents stripped. Most of the stolen tools were pretty generic. However my Formula Ford wheels, Hoosier tires, and Formula Ford parts are pretty unique and will be hard to sell since the audience is so small. So, please be on the lookout for my wheels and tires when perusing for sale sites. They are Panasport, 13" x 5.5" and were last seen wearing Hoosier autocross tires 20.5 x 7.0 - 13 R25B A2500 on the fronts and 22.5 x 7.2 - 13 R25B A2500 cantilevered on the rear. Please let me know if you see any suspicious wheels for sale.

Here is a picture of the wheels that were stolen.

Liked: 309

Default Bummer...

Sorry to hear George...Posted link to this thread on the CM FaceBook page...
    Chris Pruett
    Swift DB1

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

did you get the truck back?

Liked: 80

I'll keep a look out for you George, in the Bay Area craigslist

Ben

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Thanks guys. Yes, I got the truck back the same day, less stereo, brake controller, and all the contents in the back. The bone heads drove the truck less than a mile, yet managed to hit something and damage the exterior also. ????

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

Morons

Guess they tore the inside up getting the stereo out .

Liked: 5

Default panasport wheels

i think i have a set-2 gold panasport wheels 4 lug on 4 inch i will check this weekend goody421@charter.net

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Update on the stolen wheels/tires.

About two weeks after the truck was stolen, my wheels and tires showed up on "Offer Up" and "Facebook Marketplace" still wrapped in plastic as they were when stolen. Police were notified. My efforts to contact the seller through third parties proved fruitless, but I figured with the new information and a name of the seller via his Facebook page, recovery would be a slam dunk for the police. After months on inaction, I attended a meet and greet with the newly elected sheriff and complained how I had been blown off by the "special detail" assigned to recover stolen merchandise. This was in June, 6 months after the theft, yet they were still for sale on the same sites. This at least got some attention from those in attendance and a renewed interest from detectives. Last week, I got an email from a detective that they finally contacted the seller and were told the wheels have been sold. The advertisement is now gone.

So, if you, or you know of anyone who has recently purchased these items, please let me know. I'd be happy to reimburse for the purchase price. More importantly, I'd like the perps caught and jailed. It's obvious from his advertisements that much, if not all, of what he is offering for sale is stolen merchandise. Thanks for everyone for keeping an eye out.

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Hopefully you end up being able to catch the p.o.s. I have zero faith in our CA justice system when it comes to punishments fitting the crime. Our elected are way too soft and the criminals know it.

GTA can now be a misdemeanor in CA, and likely will be if it's the first offense and the stolen vehicle is worth less than $65,000.

Most GTA perps will plead down to a VC10851 which is "unlawful taking of a vehicle", those are also misdemeanors.

As a civilian I witnessed a GTA in a grocery store parking lot. I was attempted victim#1, but they 'changed their mind'. They took the car from the victim (but did not use force, he was loading groceries in his trunk). I gave chase. During the pursuit they had a hit and run without injury, as well as pursuit charges for exceeding 95mph on city streets (they pursued at those speeds because they weren't certain if the GTA was actually a "car jacking" (I didn't witness force) and they weren't yet certain if the hit and run involved great bodily injury or fatality (felony) when motor officers took over pursuit. The guy was apprehended, convicted and served a grand total of 60 days. This was his 7th conviction in less than 2 years and he had never spent more than 60 days behind bars. I don't believe he'd ever been out more than 90 days at a time during his short adult life.

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License Raceworks's Avatar
    Liked: 215

The problem is thefts are so common the police rarely, if ever pursue it. The main point of the police report is that you have proof to file an insurance claim. If you don't have insurance on your race car and related gear get some now. CCR and Accordia are two companines I can recommend.

I had a vending trailer stolen and never saw it again. When I did street car work it was fairly routine someone's car would get broken into if it was left outside overnight. I seriously doubt all those car stereos & other personal property ever got back to their rightful owners.

The only time I've ever heard of stolen property being recovered is if it was in connection with an arrest for another crime: Case in point when Stand 21 had their trailer stolen it was recovered because they were using it as meth lab & the cops checked out who it belonged to before auctioning all the seized property off.
    Sam Lockwood
    Raceworks, Inc
    www.lockraceworks.com

Banned
    Liked: 1116

Quote Originally Posted by Raceworks View Post
    The problem is thefts are so common the police rarely, if ever pursue it.
    Thefts are too common because the penalties aren't stiff enough. Police don't pursue them, as a priority, because the effort isn't worth the result. Lots of resources focused on a case so the p.o.s. can do a few days to 2 months in county jail???? Nope. However, as you mentioned, if in the course of a larger investigation/case they trip over your stolen stuff they'll act (as you mentioned).

Thread Information