Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 1

Just to chime in and introduce myself:

I am the current owner of T-324 chassis number HU-54. This is the ex-Howdy Holmes/Wilbur Bunce car. The car is currently disassembled and undergoing a complete revamp as it was in poor shape. It will hopefully be on track by the middle of next year.

Tony

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixR View Post
    Just to chime in and introduce myself:

I am the current owner of T-324 chassis number HU-54. This is the ex-Howdy Holmes/Wilbur Bunce car. The car is currently disassembled and undergoing a complete revamp as it was in poor shape. It will hopefully be on track by the middle of next year.

Tony
    If you have to get new fuel cells made, let me know what you do. I need to replace mine so maybe a semi-group buy will help with cost.
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    If you have to get new fuel cells made, let me know what you do. I need to replace mine so maybe a semi-group buy will help with cost.
    I will definitely replacing the cells. I was surprised to find that one of the two cells is actually still in-date. I'm not sure why someone would only replace one, considering the amount of work it takes to remove them. Regardless I will be replacing them both.

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Maybe they only filled the one.
    Yeah, still haven't split the car to pull the old ones. I thought I was almost ready to race it but when I put fuel in to start, it leaked....

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 66

Default Fuel cell

I will definitely replacing the cells. I was surprised to find that one of the two cells is actually still in-date. I'm not sure why someone would only replace one, considering the amount of work it takes to remove them. Regardless I will be replacing them both.
    Why don't you just put a single cell behind the seat. My water cooled T328 HU97 has the cell behind the seat. Someone obviously had it custom made and it fits perfectly.

BTW, does you Howdy Holmes T324 have a winged nose or a sportscar nose....

Quote Originally Posted by 2fast2stop View Post
    Why don't you just put a single cell behind the seat. My water cooled T328 HU97 has the cell behind the seat. Someone obviously had it custom made and it fits perfectly.

BTW, does you Howdy Holmes T324 have a winged nose or a sportscar nose....
    I considered that however the roll hoop/seat brace has been modified to accommodate a taller driver so there really isn't much room for a decent-sized cell - pus it would make access to the oil pump fairly difficult.

The car currently has a sportscar nose. I would definitely be interested in tracking down a winged nose if the price was right...

Liked: 66

Default Fuel cell

I considered that however the roll hoop/seat brace has been modified to accommodate a taller driver so there really isn't much room for a decent-sized cell - pus it would make access to the oil pump fairly difficult.

The car currently has a sportscar nose. I would definitely be interested in tracking down a winged nose if the price was right...
    You have to remember my 328 is water cooled and I do understand because AC engine oil pumps are in the front....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information