Liked: 0

to those who have purchased or traded and acquired CMW dogrings since Sept 26, 2002 I will refund your money and supply you with new rings at no cost. The reason is that as Todd at TCE correctly pointed out in the old archived thread was that the heat treat was incorrect, For those technonerds it was retained austenite on the core material below the case hardening and excessive thickness of case. I use a hardness test of the surface as quality control and the case was the correct hardness, but the material below was not adequate for the job. I have a metalurgical report available to those who might understand it. { I do not fully understand it.)
    The more severe applications like Formula Mazda and twin cam powered MK series boxes have suffered most. It manifests itself as excessive chipping and in some cases breakage of the ring.
    If anyone has unused ones it is a chance to get good free replacements. If they have been run you get free replacements and your money back. I have sold close to 300 rings with no problem until this batch of 45 parts was heat treated by a different vendor when the old vendor was unable to do it. The old vendor is now back running with new equipment and a test batch had been successfully run.
    For further information call Wayne Mitchell at 760-942-9170, Email wtmitchell@att.net or remember dogrings.com. and you also get a free pass through in the tech line at VARA AND HSR (west). Ya sure you do!

Liked: 0

This explains allot. I have older Dogs from Wayne w/ no problems at all, (and i am still learning to shift correctly). I could not understand the sudden failure that others had expressed, this does clear it up.
    Nice to see a vender stand behind his/her product these days.

<< Free Pass through tech line>> LOL! That will be the day!

Thanks Wayne,
    Chris C.
    Chris Campbell

Thread Information