Liked: 11

Default Request for a PFM run group in SCCA

All,

I sent a request to the SCCA road racing board requesting a separate run-group for the PFM. Jay Horak indicated there are 64 active PFMs across the country. That's more than enough cars to support a class in the SCCA. The SCCA assigned me a letter tracker #25654. Please send a note to the SCCA to show support for my request.

I look forward to racing with you guys in 2019.

Paul

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 907

Quote Originally Posted by pravaris View Post
    All,

I sent a request to the SCCA road racing board requesting a separate run-group for the PFM. Jay Horak indicated there are 64 active PFMs across the country. That's more than enough cars to support a class in the SCCA. The SCCA assigned me a letter tracker #25654. Please send a note to the SCCA to show support for my request.

Paul
    "separate run-group" "That's more than enough cars to support a class in the SCCA"

For which are you asking? A PFM class (in the sense of FC or SM) or a separate run group at every event?

If the former, you can certainly petition the CRB. I honestly do not fancy your chances, but it never hurts to ask. Keep in mind that the CRB creates National classes. You can always ask event organizers to set up a separate PFM Optional Regional Class at their events. It would help if you had some local concentrations of PFMs to support your case.

If the latter, the CRB cannot/will not help you. Run groups are at the discretion (within broad limits) of event organizers. It becomes a simple business proposition for the organizer. If PFM can generate enough entries to justify a dedicated run group, then you have some leverage; otherwise not.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 863

Umm...Formula Race Promotions has been trying to get a group of PFMs to come race with our series for 2 years, with zero success. We have offered reduced entry fees, a separate championship, and 3 hours of track time a weekend.

Its possible all these cars are in the wrong part of the country, or I don't know, not interested in wheel to wheel competition. FRP is still open to setting something up for PFMs to race at some of the best tracks in the country.
    ----------
    In memory of Joe Stimola and Glenn Phillips

5. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 11

Default Sorry for terminology confusion

John - sorry for terminology confusion, i meant a class as you describe it. PFM would still run with other open wheel cars during races.

For which are you asking? A PFM class (in the sense of FC or SM) or a separate run group at every event?

If the former, you can certainly petition the CRB. I honestly do not fancy your chances, but it never hurts to ask. Keep in mind that the CRB creates National classes. You can always ask event organizers to set up a separate PFM Optional Regional Class at their events. It would help if you had some local concentrations of PFMs to support your case.

If the latter, the CRB cannot/will not help you. Run groups are at the discretion (within broad limits) of event organizers. It becomes a simple business proposition for the organizer. If PFM can generate enough entries to justify a dedicated run group, then you have some leverage; otherwise not.[/QUOTE]

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 271

Default Pfm

I doubt that 64 cars would be a critical mass to make the class viable - usually it takes 100+ active cars nationwide.
    Probably better off trying to work with regions where they are concentrated to build class numbers in some sort of championship like the F1000 guys
    Phil

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by pravaris View Post
    All,

Paul
    Paul, very supportive of this and as pointed out by Bob Wright, the best track time is FRP.....we have four weekends on the schedule for next year, with a possible fifth....and some qualify toward Runoff Participation for those interested in that. Bob

Thread Information