Liked: 226

Default FF50th @ Road America: Registration Time Line & Check List

The pre-registration window for the FF50th @ Road America will open Tuesday, November 13, 2019. Here is the timeline:

Pre-Registration. Pre-registration will be open from November 13, 2018 through January 31, 2019. A $200 refundable deposit towards an expected entry fee of $550 will reserve a spot in the FF50th. Pre-entries will initially be classified into Historic Formula Ford, Club Ford (treads), Formula Ford (treads), Club Ford (slicks), and Formula Ford (slicks). Final classifications and provisional race group placements will be announced in February. During pre-registration, classification and/or race group change requests will be accommodated. Pre-registration deposits are refundable until March 29, 2019.

Regular Registration. Pre-registrants will be required to complete their entry during regular registration. During regular registration, there may be movement across race groups as one fills up before the other. The regular registration window will open at a date to be announced.

Crossover entries (a driver entering one car in both race groups…two drivers sharing one car is not a crossover) will be tentatively accepted. If there are less than 200 entries on August 12, 2019, crossover entries will be confirmed until both race groups are full. Entries after August 12, 2019 will not bump a confirmed crossover out of a race group.

If both FF50th Formula Ford race groups are over-subscribed, overflow entries will be given the option to race in another ELVF race group.

Here’s a quick checklist to successfully pre-register on the first try:

Driver Eligibility. The following requirements must be met to race at the FF50th:
    - be a VSCDA member
    - be at least 18 years old by October of 2019
    - have a Medical on file with VSCDA OR hold a competition racing license
    - have wheel-to-wheel competition racing experience within the past 2 years OR
    - have completed a competition racing school within the past 2 years

VSCDA memberships for 2019 can be purchased during regular registration. If you do not meet the licensing or seat time requirements, the VSCDA has a combined driver’s school and race weekend May 2-5, 2019 at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, Michigan.

Licensing. Competition licenses issued by the VMC (and its affiliated clubs), SCCA, FIA, and CASC are accepted at VSCDA events. If you are planning on racing at the FF50th on a competition license issued by another organization, please submit a scan of your license with your entry for approval. Calendar year 2018 licenses will be accepted for pre-registration with the good faith understanding that they will be renewed for 2019.

Safety Preparation and Annual Tech. The VSCDA Technical Requirements for Race Cars defines safety preparation, logbook, and annual tech requirements for the FF50th. The document outlines straightforward guidelines for basic vehicle and driver safety: on-board fire extinguishers, master switches, fuel cells, roll hoops, driver restraints, helmets, protective garments, throttle springs, rain lights, catch tanks, the usual stuff. Here is the link:

https://www.vscda.org/wp-content/upl...ACE-CARS-1.pdf

Logbooks and annual techs are required at VSCDA events. If your car does not have a logbook, you can obtain one from the VSCDA tech inspection team. Annual techs from other racing organizations (VMC member clubs, SCCA, CASC, etc) will be honored.

Car Preparation Sheet. A Car Preparation Sheet must be on file with the VSCDA. The CPS form has been revised for 2019.

FF50th Driver & Car Questionnaire. The FF50th entry process includes a questionnaire to collect information that will be used in making race group assignments. This is a new form for this event only.

The links to the on-line FF50th pre-registration page and these two .pdf forms will be announced on the go-live date, November 13, 2019. Please feel welcome to visit my web site's FF50th page for all previous event news releases.

Steve Beeler – de facto FF50th Chairman
    Lola T-540 HU44
    steve@stevebeeler.com
    https://www.stevebeeler.com/
    (734)560-6031

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

Default Clarification!

Word has just reached me that the VSCDA business office has been "deluged" today with membership applications. For FF50th pre-registration, a VSCDA membership is not required. An annual or event membership can be purchased after the New Year when pre-registrants complete the registration process.

Sorry for the confusion. I am thinking that next Tuesday is going to be a very interesting day. :-)

Lola T-540 HU44
    steve@stevebeeler.com
    (734)560-6031

Default Question Follow Ups

Here are answers to two questions from last night's in-box:

(1) Both drivers sharing a car should enter separately. I'll pick up from the Driver & Car Questionnaire that you are sharing a car.

(2) Aluminum heads are totally welcome. Cortina/Kent preparation rules will be governed by the 2015 SCCA GCR.

Lola T-540 HU44
    steve@stevebeeler.com
    (734)560-6031

Liked: 1

Default Registration opening time

Can you tell us what time you intend to open registration?

Liked: 6

Wow! this reminds me of the "07" Zepplin reunion. I have a feeling it's going to sell out quick and I haven't
    even got my license yet. Will there be a standby list?

Default More Answers

More good questions...here are the answers:

I expect pre-registration will go live on Tuesday morning after the VSCDA business office opens. I do not have an exact time to the minute.

There is a plan for overflow entries if the limit (200 cars) is exceeded for the two Formula Ford only race groups. And there is no limit on the number of cars in the 50th anniversary group photo. :-)

The VSCDA is holding a combined drivers school / race weekend at GingerMan Raceway in South Haven, Michigan the weekend of May 2-5, 2019. It will be a great opportunity to renew your license and get some seat time.

Please feel welcome to visit my web site's FF50th page for all previous event news releases.

Lola T-540 HU44
    steve@stevebeeler.com
    (734)560-6031

Liked: 39

For the Pre-Registration starting on Tuesday, do we register thru the VSCDA website or via https://www.stevebeeler.com/?

Default Still More Answers!

There will be a FF50th page on the VSCDA web site with event info and the pre-registration links.

Also, if you are planning on sharing a car with another driver, plan on at least one of you running on treaded tires. I anticipate one group will be totally on treads and the other will be mixed treads and slicks.

Lola T-540 HU44
    steve@stevebeeler.com
    (734)560-6031

Thread Information