Classifieds Super License TPE-Pete's Avatar
    Liked: 21

Default Stolen Parts Box at COTA

Hi, This is Pete from Total Precision Engines!

Over the 4 day weekend at COTA (Nov 1-4) I had a box stolen from pick-up truck. I find it hard to believe it happened at the track, more likely it was at the hotel etc...

The box was a dark green plano tote! Appx 24x14x12
    It's contents all Formula Ford Related: New starter, new water pump, 3 distributors (Ford & Bosch), Pertronics units, point sets, several W/P & Crank pulleys along w/belts, rocker arms & hardware and misc oil fittings!

I realize I will probably never see this stuff again and everyone knows the value. But by chance if this stuff turns up for sale or anyone saw the box I would appreciate being notified!
    Thanks, Pete
    970-797-0712

Liked: 1112

I can't "Like" a post about such a disgusting event, really hope it didn't happen at the track, really doubt anyone would be foolish enough to try and sell the stuff here. Will keep an eye on eBay...
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Classifieds Super License stonebridge20's Avatar
    Liked: 1898

I had a table full of REM-ISF parts on display at the Limerock Historics this year stolen. Mostly un serviceable stuff except for a Sprite ring and pinion which was worth quite a bit.
    Never in a million years would I think it would ever happen at a racetrack. It did. I know better now.
    Stonebridge Sports & Classics ltd
    15 Great Pasture Rd Danbury, CT. 06810 (203) 744-1120
    www.cryosciencetechnologies.com
    Cryogenic Processing · REM-ISF Processing · Race Prep & Driver Development

Contributing Member Steve Demeter's Avatar
    Liked: 909

I find it hard to believe that a fellow racer would steal from one. When I first started racing I was told "There is an unwritten rule:Thou shalt not screw your buddy"

I live by that.

Spectators require that everything be locked down.

Liked: 1112

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Demeter View Post
    Spectators require that everything be locked down.
    And there were quite a few at COTA. Still, my bet is that it happened one night in the hotel parking lot.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Liked: 229

Quote Originally Posted by stonebridge20 View Post
    I had a table full of REM-ISF parts on display at the Limerock Historics this year stolen. Mostly un serviceable stuff except for a Sprite ring and pinion which was worth quite a bit.
    Never in a million years would I think it would ever happen at a racetrack. It did. I know better now.
    I got nailed for a small amount of tools in 85 at Detroit. I have done a variety of shows and if it is not nailed down they use the excuse: I thought it was a givaway.

For rare books and other items I used display cases often used by antique dealers. The case is 4 inches tall and 2 x 4 feet glass top and a lock.

I think honesty is still good among racers with out spectators. I the the quality of the general public has taken a decline in general.

Thread Information