Liked: 896

Default F600 at ARRC 2018

Any results or other info from the 2018 ARRC?
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    Any results or other info from the 2018 ARRC?
    Cant find anything on MyLaps or Race-Monitor....

Liked: 757

I know the pink car won if that helps!

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 115

Default Saturday

Can only comment on CF. Kingham, Harmison, Rand. Several incidents and a full course caution for a few laps. Great weather. Some carnage. Earley, Nicolette, some others I don't know well enough by name or car number. Brooks out early with loose radiator cap. Baggett spun once at 10A and got his nose whacked at 7. Great racing at the front by the CFs. Graham Earley spun and hit a wall and some RR corner damage. Wayne N got tangled up by a more modern FF who spun in front of him in T1. Wayne continued with some body damage. I think some others damaged but don't have specifics. K & H put on a show at the front.

Liked: 313

Incredible racing both days. Had a super battle Saturday only to spin in 10b on the last lap to finish third behind Kingham and Mike Rand. Sunday race started by best time in Saturday race as the schedule ran late and we got no quaifying session.That put me outside front row with Phil uncharacteristically? in fourth. Had a great run with the FF's but then a fcy bunched us up. Phil showed his true speed while Don Bagget, Steve Brooks and I slowed each other up with our infighting. Don spun under braking at 10 and then on the next to last lap Steve pulled off with car trouble. Final standings Kingham, Harmison and Nicolette. Incredicle show!

7. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Earley Motorsports's Avatar
    Liked: 432

It was an incredible show. I was on the hill at 10a-b and them all bunched up coming down the hill into that combination corner was fantastic. Great driving and bummed I wasn't in the race although I would have been a lot further back. Congrats to all.
    Graham

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 91

Default F500 ARRC Race

It was a great race, Ryan Mayfield and I battled back and forth after the restart all the way to the checkers. I developed some under steer around the mid point in the race and was having some issues with shifting as well. Here is a link to the video.

https://youtu.be/2DsVUjKhnk4

Liked: 57

Great race! You both had to be close to the lap record. Did you set a new one?
    George Bugg
    -----------------------------
    NovaKar
    F600

Liked: 3787

George:

You obviously know some weekends are diamonds, and some are rust.

Liked: 91

Quote Originally Posted by GBugg View Post
    Great race! You both had to be close to the lap record. Did you set a new one?
    George,

Yes, I believe we were relatively close within .2 sec or so. Race monitor and the Atlanta SCCA websites are still not reporting the results.

Call me a whiner, but I was quite unimpressed with the "winners circle" festivities. There was no champagne, podium interviews or even a podium to stand on at all. A large departure from ARRC races just a year or two ago.

Liked: 57

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Frog View Post
    George:

You obviously know some weekends are diamonds, and some are rust.
    Yep. The car was running like crap and I drove worse. Not a good weekend for us on the track.
    George Bugg
    -----------------------------
    NovaKar
    F600

Thread Information