Thread: 83 Van Dieman

Liked: 0

Default 83 Van Dieman

83 Van Dieman for sale $6000. OBO, Lorning engine, strong running, very competitive. Raced car for 7 years, not raced last year, but have kept car up and started engine monthly. No problems, no smoke guessing less than 50 hours since I have raced auto x. Have papers and log showing car was rebuilt in 2000 for track. The owner previous to me auto x in Northern California.
    Car has to bodies, one full, front and back (current body) and 2nd body is just front from firewall forward (blue one).

Sale includes 3 sets of wheels and tires (compomotive), One set with 50% racing left. Other set old and rain set old., 13 rims total. Several misc.including fire system not mounted, old fuel cell needs replacing if switching back to track. Currently for auto x has new 1 1/2 gal aluminum tank, several misc suspension parts (upper and lower rear suspension parts) couple of rotors, 3 set of spring, set of track gears (4 th gear), Currently set up with close ratio 4 th gear for auto x. New battery, 3 steering wheel. close ratio 2:1 steering reducer for auto x and stock steering for track. Adjustable seat will fit driver up to 6'3" 250 pounds plenty of room , comfortable car.
    With new tires and good driver car is very competitive, held it own in the San Diego region with 4-5 other cars.
    May consider sale of 18' Haulmark enclosed trailer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default car still for sale?

Is this car still for sale? Where is car located?
    Tom Blanchard
    95 Red Devil F-440
    Silver City, NM

Quote Originally Posted by tomblan View Post
    Is this car still for sale? Where is car located?
    Yes just posted yesterday and just checked ad this morning, location San Diego, CA

Default sent you a pm

sent you a private message!
    Tom Blanchard
    95 Red Devil F-440
    Silver City, NM

Default 83 Van Dieman

Quote Originally Posted by tomblan View Post
    sent you a private message!
    Car is still for sale, no deal made.

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default racing

what is required to run this vehicle in a "typical" SCCA regional event?

Default 83 Van Dieman

Quote Originally Posted by provamo View Post
    what is required to run this vehicle in a "typical" SCCA regional event?
    If you want to Auto X, basiclly nothing other put the tires on ( tires have 50% life left), fill with gas, run through check list and load in trailer. If you are looking at track racing, everything needs to be updated, ie iinstall new fuel cell, new belts, put in fire system (which I have ), tires meant for the track you are racing and have car inspected and certified and whatever else your particular association requires, transpounders, radios. It has been a Auto X car for nearly 15 years, but it could be converted back to track. Not really sure what you are asking, but it is a good entry level car for Auto X for the price. You could buy newer car for 2-3 times the price, but that doesn't make them any faster.
    The only reason I am not racing it, is I have left the sport to pursue other interest and I hate to see the car sit, when somebody else could have fun and enjoy the car

Liked: 20

I drove this car a few years ago when Jon was going to UCSD. It drove well and was easy to go fast in. Dave does nice work too.

Need to sell, need the room, good car, make any offer some one might surprised. Don' sell by the end of the month, I may part out the car the car at the first of the year. Don't really want to do that could make more money, but don't have the time.

Sold

Liked: 6

Thread Information