Liked: 10

For Sale 1986 Crossle' 63F Formula Continental

(SOLD) For sale: 1986 Crossle' 63F (Club) Formula Continental turn-key race car

I have been campaigning the car at Waterford Hills Road Racing and the Great Lakes Challenge (GLC) series for the last four years. It's time to let the next person enjoy driving it. The car is easy to drive even in the rain.

I managed to win the GLC in 2014 with this car and have been on the podium in the series every year since then.

This year I have been running the car in non-GLC races at Waterford Hills.

Includes wired AMB transponder.

*update* Belts expire 2022.

The chassis will fit larger drivers. Rumor has it a 6'6" guy managed to fit in it with no seat or fire bottle and made the broomstick rule. I am a short guy and have the pedals all of the way back and the fiberglass seat shimmed forward an inch.

Includes 3 sets of wheels 2x compomotives and 1x panasports (not in picture). One set of the compo wheels has a decent set of Hoosier rains which live in my basement.

*Update* Annual tech is good through June 2020.

The car has the special DynoMax muffler which it nested in the rear wing uprights and will pass sound at any track including Waterford. Even with the muffler I have to start each race with a full tank of fuel to meet the 1200 lbs weight. Current driver weighs 195 lbs in suit with helmet. I estimate a 215 lb driver could go out with less fuel and be pretty close to the minimum weight.

Engine:
    Rebuilt fall 2017 (resleeved). 2 races on it from 2017, 4 GLC races on it in 2018, 2.5 Waterford Hills races on it in 2019.
    Uprated cam and lightened flywheel per GCR. Standard length Crower conn rods, standard size JE pistons, and 32/36 carb.
    Transmission:
    New clutch disk 2017.
    Will sell with either Waterford gears or gears for midwest track of your choice. Currently fitted with Waterford gears.
    Body work:
    Custom main fiber glass body built in ~2014. Male mold for body included as well as original "blob" body work.
    Added blister to body to allow better shifting ergonomics (splashed fiberglass off of early 90's van diemen). See new photos.
    Chassis:1986 63F serial number 01

If you are on instagram search "greatlakeschampionship" to see who you can race with and possibly even spot this gem.

If you have any questions email me at badrocco16v@yahoo.com or call/text me at (2four8) 6zero6-77two9

Not quite ready to buy? If I still have this come next year, it will be available for rent at WHRRI driver school and available for rent at the GLC races.

Asking $ located in Waterford twp, MI.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by badrocco16v; 05.26.20 at 9:02 PM. Reason: sold
    2014 GLC CFC Champion
    2020 GLC CFC Champion

2. The following 7 users liked this post:

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 291

Default NICE to see

i have a similar model in need of refurbishment and your posting has given me inspiration

4. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 1

I have a newer set of 4 techno wheels that fit this model very reasonable 400 for all.

Brian
    (847) 505-8555 cell

Hi Brian,
    Too bad I didn't know this a year ago when I was campaigning this car. I always thought 4 sets of wheels would be the sweet spot. 1 set for rains, 1 set for practice/trailer tires, and 2 sets for making the decision when to switch from high cycled tires to stickers easier so you don't unmount tires that have 1 or 2 good sessions left in them to make it through a weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by STRAN04 View Post
    I have a newer set of 4 techno wheels that fit this model very reasonable 400 for all.

Brian
    (847) 505-8555 cell
    2014 GLC CFC Champion
    2020 GLC CFC Champion

Liked: 39

Default 1986 Crossle' 63F Formula Continental

So is this car sold or not? The thread keeps going on like it's still for sale.

If it's actually sold please put sold in the heading of the add. I know it would save me a lot of time looking at cars for sale that aren't. Moderator can't you help with this?

Liked: 254

This car is local to me. I *think* it is still available. Have you tried calling the number listed in the ad?

Liked: 68

Quote Originally Posted by tdf4golf View Post

If it's actually sold please put sold in the heading of the add. I know it would save me a lot of time looking at cars for sale that aren't. Moderator can't you help with this?
    As of February 1st the car was still available. I emailed Curtis direct and he was back to me the next day. Another opportunity arose to own one of my previous cars, so I put this idea on hold.
    Craig Butt

Default yep

Quote Originally Posted by tdf4golf View Post

Yes, it is still for sale. I will update or delete the listing per the forum rules when the time comes. Thanks for the bump.
    Curtis
    Last edited by badrocco16v; 03.01.19 at 9:41 PM.
    2014 GLC CFC Champion
    2020 GLC CFC Champion

Default Belts update

Updated original post. Belts good through 2022.
    2014 GLC CFC Champion
    2020 GLC CFC Champion

Default Bump

Sold. Thanks Apexspeed!
    Last edited by badrocco16v; 05.26.20 at 9:02 PM. Reason: sold
    2014 GLC CFC Champion
    2020 GLC CFC Champion

Thread Information