Liked: 26

Default Aim MXL Pro05 HELP!!

I have an Aim MXL Pro05 on my Pro Formula Mazda (not PM18) and I have encountered 2 issues all of a sudden:

1) My shift lights are backwards (at the low rev end, the LED's are red and at the high end the LED's are green). I have used the AIM Race Studio 2 to check settings and it's correct on the software. Any thoughts?

2) My gear indicator simply isn't working! When I go to the ECM (Motec M800), I can see that the gear shift and no lift are working properly BUT no communication with the Aim. Any thoughts?

Any help is appreciated!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

Quote Originally Posted by bkd320 View Post
    I have an Aim MXL Pro05 on my Pro Formula Mazda (not PM18) and I have encountered 2 issues all of a sudden:

1) My shift lights are backwards (at the low rev end, the LED's are red and at the high end the LED's are green). I have used the AIM Race Studio 2 to check settings and it's correct on the software. Any thoughts?

2) My gear indicator simply isn't working! When I go to the ECM (Motec M800), I can see that the gear shift and no lift are working properly BUT no communication with the Aim. Any thoughts?

Any help is appreciated!
    This may seem silly but are you updating the Pro5 from your computer?
    All else fails contact the Ferguson's at Veracity Motorsports.

Default Yes - using my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by BorkRacing View Post
    This may seem silly but are you updating the Pro5 from your computer?
    All else fails contact the Ferguson's at Veracity Motorsports.

Yep, I am using my laptop to update. Is there a way to update the Aim without it?

I am used to my sons Mychron which has a settings tool, but this appears to need to be updated by a computer.

Liked: 5

Another vote for the Fergusons at Veracity Racing Data.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 101

After you change the config on your computer, you have to transmit it. Have you transmitted or just updated things on the computer?

Are other channels from the M800 being communicated correctly?

Default Transmitting.....

Yes, upon review of the Aim inputs into the computer, I did a transmit and it is not changing anything.

Interesting that you would ask if the M800 is communicating correctly, I did not that upon pushing the brake pedal it appears that the pressures are reading backwards. Having never diagnosed an M800 or Aim for that matter, I am unsure of how to proceed.

Quote Originally Posted by romoman View Post
    After you change the config on your computer, you have to transmit it. Have you transmitted or just updated things on the computer?

Are other channels from the M800 being communicated correctly?

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

Call David Ferguson.
    You may need a firmware update or a software update as mine uses Race Studio3

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BorkRacing View Post
    Call David Ferguson.
    You may need a firmware update or a software update as mine uses Race Studio3
    His firmware has been mature for a long time, not that it may not be needed to be updated. The MXL Pista and Pro versions still and will always use RS2, not 3, for config and download. When RS3 analysis is available, all analysis will move it it.

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkd320 View Post
    Yes, upon review of the Aim inputs into the computer, I did a transmit and it is not changing anything.

Interesting that you would ask if the M800 is communicating correctly, I did not that upon pushing the brake pedal it appears that the pressures are reading backwards. Having never diagnosed an M800 or Aim for that matter, I am unsure of how to proceed.
    I've never head of anything reading backwards like you are having. I would suggest calling AiM at 540.342.9680 and talking to them. All of you hardware is mature, so it may be a simple fix that they know.

Thread Information