Liked: 63

Default Super Vees at Montery

This is a post on face Book by Mike Follmer. Go to the Super Vee facebook page.
    All you guys that have Super Vee's need to contact Mike

Ok Super Vee owners and drivers, How many of you would like to race at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion I need to get 18 to 20 cars to make a class Aug 2019 or 20 How many cars are out there need both air cooled and water cooled please pass on . Thank You Mike Follmer.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 855

Default Monterey Reunion

Don't know Mike but I have a Lola T326 air-cooled FSV. I go to this event every year with my friends but it would be great to enter!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 44

Default lola 324

Hmmmm....

Quote Originally Posted by socaljeff3798 View Post

Ok Super Vee owners and drivers, How many of you would like to race at the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion I need to get 18 to 20 cars to make a class Aug 2019 or 20 How many cars are out there need both air cooled and water cooled please pass on . Thank You Mike Follmer.

Since the 50th anniversary of FSV's first race at Lime Rock would be in 2020, I would think that a 2019 race group would be unlikely.

The US 50th anniversary for FF is in 2019 so that would make more sense. Well, to me anyway

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
    Garey Guzman
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 5

Default VW Brabham super vee parts

Hi Mike.
    I will be interested to join the group. I race a Martini MK53 Super Vee 1987. That should be fun
    Alain Matrat Teamatrat@aol.com

Liked: 5

Default super vee [arts

Quote Originally Posted by Garey Guzman View Post
    Don't know Mike but I have a Lola T326 air-cooled FSV. I go to this event every year with my friends but it would be great to enter!
    Hi Garey.

I be glad to join the group of super vee.

Alain Matrat teamatrat@aol.com

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

Default no FB

Neat idea, would like to, if I can arrange. 80MarchSV. However, don't/won't do Facebook, so would appreciate being informed here on Apex if possible.

Will pass this link along to a couple of others with SVs.

Also, Terry McKenna, twice nat'l champ in SV (Argo)...is still about (StL.), tho not racing..... he/other heros, need to get included...

could be very cool event, even if far, far away....

Bob L.

Default Monterey

The 2019 run groups for Monterey were announced in November and while FF was included, FSV was not. Maybe 2020.

(Side note, I'll be applying for the FF race with my 1972 March 719 FF!)
    Garey Guzman

Liked: 39

Default SV Reunion in Monterey 2020

You can put me down as interested and pass my interest on to Mike Follmer as well. Just be aware that the entry fee will be in the$1,000.00 range. But then it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and if you're a golfer you might as well book a tee time at Pebble Beach for $575.00, another bucket list item.
    Last edited by tdf4golf; 04.23.20 at 2:10 PM.

Fallen Friend
    Liked: 168

Default a year later....is this even something to happen?

just saw rhe recent post... wondering it anything to it for SVs... hadn't heard anything since last year...plus, last heard Pebble/Monterey was off due to virus...

yes, no; where and how? Who??

Bob L.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L. View Post
    just saw rhe recent post... wondering it anything to it for SVs... hadn't heard anything since last year...plus, last heard Pebble/Monterey was off due to virus...

yes, no; where and how? Who??

Bob L.
    No go.

They announced the schedule/race groupings a few months back and did not include FSV. The only Formula car group is 1974-79 FA. No F1, not even F Jr., which always seemed to be there and is probably the only reason those cars are so freaking expensive!!

On a good note, CanAm will be there but looks like this will be a year I skip traveling from TN.
    Garey Guzman

Amherst, New York but i left my heart in San Francisco
    Liked: 292

Default side note

Pebble Beach has been C A N C E L L E D

Thread Information