Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Default INDE this weekend Pro Auto Sports AZ

We are expecting 18 FFs at INDE Motorsports Ranch.
    Not too late to register.
    Open test Friday.
    3 20 minute sessions plus a 25 minute race each day
    Different track configuration each day.

Liked: 182

Are you bringing your "new" FC?

Quote Originally Posted by jrh3 View Post
    Are you bringing your "new" FC?
    No sir. The Dulon CF.
    FC October at West. It arrives tomorrow, no time to get it ready for this weekend. We are going to have a big FC group 10/6 10/7. Trying for 6 or more Pintos that weekend.

Where are Reynard pics?

Liked: 323

ProAuto and INDE Motorsports put on a GREAT Labor Day Weekend event !!

Friday: INDE sponsored a half day of track time for all ProAuto participants. Jim Edmonds and I ran our Pinto powered FC's in 4 sessions that day. The weather was warm in the low 90's and partly cloudy. Jens brought the semi truck about 2/3 full of Formula Fords and some of these cars ran the Friday test day.

Saturday: was cloudy most of the day with temps in the high 80's. A few clouds threatened some rain, but it stayed clear all day and we had 1 Qualifying and 3 Race/Qual sessions clockwise. There were 11 or 12 Kent powered cars running on Saturday. Michael Racy had bent a rear A Arm on the last session Friday. He had flown in to the event and early Saturday morn the took off and made a run to Scottsdale to pick up some parts. He arrived back to the track mid day. He and Jens had the car back on track for some great sessions Saturday afternoon. A handful of the crowd were qualifying within 1.5 seconds of each other. The front and mid pack had struggles going on for the duration of race sessions.

Sunday: The clouds decided to start dropping some rain on the event around day break. ProAuto had access to weather radar as well as everyone else in the paddock looking into their phones to see what the weather was going to do. Mid morning the rain clouds broke and closed wheel cars took to the track to do their part at drying the track out. The event started a bit late due to the rain and the open wheel group elected to forfeit their first session of the day to help get event back on time and also to let a couple of puddles dry up. So we ened up with 1 Qualifying and 2 Race Qualifying sessions counter-clockwise. 2 or 3 cars suffered from mechanical failures and 1 or 2 had family matters that called them away from the track early. But, the final race was started with Joey Petrone on Pole. Joey is the youngster in the group and this is his second season running his DB-1. He has improved dring skills during this time and we were all stoked to see him on pole. He ran a good race and held off most of the herd. He finished 2nd ! Rock on Joey !!

I was one of the last ones to finish loading my trailer and the clouds were starting to show themselves again right at the time I was closing my ramp up. Over the next 4 hours south Arizona saw an opening up of the clouds and an unreal amount of water coming out of the sky. After my trailer was secured, I ran into Willcox to grab a sandwich with the plans of early sleep and drive home in the morn. WOW, the lightning, heavy rains etc while I was in town was nothing short of impressive! The streets of Willcox in some areas had 1-2 foot of water standing. As I was pulling into the grocery store, the F350 was in water that was up to my running boards. Talking to some of the people driving back to Phoenix, they were down to 10 mph on the freeway due to heavy rains, poor visibility and water on the freeway making it difficult to see the stripes and lanes.

Good racing, good times in the paddock .... I am ready to do it again !!

Liked: 1112

This was supposed to be strictly a test weekend, fiddling with shock settings. However, by the third session on Friday the car was transformed - just a little bit faster but a joy to drive rather than a machine to be dominated. Saturday I stuck to the plan and tried some further changes but by the end of the day I didn't care what the lap times might say I just wanted the car to sing again. Sunday running counter-clockwise the track might be even better than the usual clockwise. Good, good, event.
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Had fun, developing the Dulon. Great to see everyone.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

and to think i was driving right by with the FC in the trailer. that rain was something else! Raining right now here in Prescott.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Kirchner View Post
    and to think i was driving right by with the FC in the trailer. that rain was something else! Raining right now here in Prescott.
    I am dissappointed that you didn't stop by and say hello. Are you coming over to Phoenix for the 10/6 10/07 races? Trying for a good FC furnout.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

Haven't strightened out a schedule for the fall yet.

Thread Information