Contributing Member
    Liked: 60

Default Hallett Bass Ackward regional

Ark Valley Race Group is recreating the Bass Ackward regional on Sept 1-2 at Hallett. Registration is now open. This race has not been run for 20 years, before FB has begun. This means that track records for FB in this direction do not exist!. Back in the 80s, the CART cars would stop at Hallett on their way to Long Beach. They would run the track clockwise because they said it was faster.

Even though the entries are low, this race will not be cancelled due to low entries.

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...-valley-258430
    Last edited by Mike Holland; 08.17.18 at 8:03 AM.

Contributing Member

Several track records were given out this weekend. How many have gone to a race and taken home a certificate for a track record?
    There were some very unique trophies given out. Next one planned for June next year.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BASSACKWARD TROPHY.jpg 
Views:	281 
Size:	42.0 KB 
ID:	80526  
    Last edited by Mike Holland; 09.03.18 at 2:18 PM.

3. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member

Default This Year

Registration is open for this years

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...-valley-556153

Contributing Member

Default Bassackards regional

There will be another race on July 24-25, 2021 at Hallett and we can run as FB.
    This is in Topeka's backyard and we should show them just how many FB cars there are.
    Last edited by Mike Holland; 01.25.21 at 2:44 PM.

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Last edited by Mike Holland; 06.22.21 at 9:51 AM.

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Coincidentally, I am (re)reading Anatoly (Toly) Arutunoff's autobiography, One Off. Truly a character. He came from Oklahoma oil money, never worked a day in his life, and raced all over the world. One of his achievements was building the Hallett circuit.

I remember being at the SCCA convention in (?) 2011, when news came through that he had been seriously injured. In his 80s by then, I believe. He had stopped to help a stranded motorist in a snow storm, and been hit by another car.

Fascinating account of US sports car racing in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. If you can find a copy, well worth reading.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    Coincidentally, I am (re)reading Anatoly (Toly) Arutunoff's autobiography, One Off. Truly a character. He came from Oklahoma oil money, never worked a day in his life, and raced all over the world. One of his achievements was building the Hallett circuit.

I remember being at the SCCA convention in (?) 2011, when news came through that he had been seriously injured. In his 80s by then, I believe. He had stopped to help a stranded motorist in a snow storm, and been hit by another car.

Fascinating account of US sports car racing in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. If you can find a copy, well worth reading.

I have my autographed copy at home.

Thread Information