Thread: Mont-Tremblant

Liked: 80

Default Mont-Tremblant

Hi Guys,

Pretty quiet in here, so I thought I'd post up a video from this past weekend at Mont-Tremblant. A friend of mine has been storing the car in Ottawa, and I'd planned to do some Canadian race tracks before bringing the car home, but looks like this one might be the only one that works out this summer - has been a slow year at work.

Had a great time chasing around an FA in my F1000 for the race, which is a catch-all class called "Formula Libre" up there. Not quite everything was tip-top (tires, setup, gearing, shifting, driver, the usual excuses), but as it was, was one of the more fun races I've had in a while. You'll have to watch to the end to see if I get him or not

Enjoy:

https://youtu.be/x6hNJhTOBCc

-Jake

2. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 131

Did you enjoy the track and area?
    Stephen Adams
    RF92 Van Diemen FFord
    1980 Lola T540 FFord

Liked: 138

Wholly crap. Didn't realize the F1000 was that fast. Like just ate everything.

It's possible that I was a bit more aggressive than the FA's at the start, and in a straight line, yeah, the F1000 is a LOT faster than the Radicals.

Gearing was Daytona-like since the front sprocket was stuck on the engine. I'd have gone 2 teeth down if I could, then I might have had some straight-line answer for those Atlantics. Still, riotous fun

Stephen -

The track and the area were great. Track elevation change is a real seat-sucker, smooth as can be, and has that old-school track feel where it kinda feels like you're "going somewhere" (Road America, Road Atlanta, VIR) not just driving around on a track (Miller Motorsports Park). We stayed in an Air-BnB ski condo right near the ski resort and lake, so it was a pretty special place to spend time. My 71-year-old mom and 4-year old son came with me, and they loved every minute.

-Jake

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 273

Default You need a Geartronics

Jake
    I thought you had a Geartronics in that car.Watching you row thru the gears made me tired.

You were way to nice on those FA's...I find them easy to blow by under heavy braking they can't hang.

Looked like a fun drive for sure. Will we see you at Sonoma for the RO's?
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Heya Gary,

Bought a used one. Coop and I installed it for VIR back in March but the pneumatics are goobered up and it kept draining the bottle after about 2 laps. Can't really debug it from 3000 miles away so I pulled it all off and went back to the cable I kept as a backup. Will try to sort it out over the winter. It really would have helped there. I was short-shifting a lot to avoid having to pull gears in corners.

Yeah, the braking was a pretty huge difference, and yeah, I was being a bit tentative. 2nd race in the car in 4 years, so, yeah...rusty

No Runoffs for me - this was probably my last race for the year. Went to Sonoma in 2013 and IIRC was in the low 31's with what was then a slower car - feel like I could be in the mix and have some fun if I were there. The track suits my car well. Ah well.

-Jake

Liked: 138

You should still do an evening race at calabogie just to try the track. 250$ a bargain for 45 min practice and 30 min race.

You'll be the fastest car there unless Matt runs his radical as he has home track advantage.

Liked: 1868

Spent a lot of time at Tremblant way back when ( some lovely ladies grew up up there! ) in both summer an winter. Fun track, very challenging. Great ski area as well - again, fun, with some decent challenges.

Black fly season is a whole 'nother story!

Default Tremblant

Hey Jake thanks for sharing, I wish I could have made it. Are you still trying to join me at Mosport Sept 28?
    Jeremy

Jeremy,

Current plan is that I'm only going to run the test day that Friday. Several dominoes have fallen the wrong direction this summer, but I couldn't leave without at least getting to see the track in the F1000. So, hopefully we can play a bit on Friday.

-Jake

Default Mosport

I wasn't planning to run the test day but maybe I will....

Liked: 101

Default Wow

Try lapping this place in a pro RT 41 WOW
    DEE

Liked: 20

My god this makes me itch in a funny place.

Thread Information