Thread: BRD wanted

Liked: 6

Wanted To Buy BRD wanted

Hi folks. I've finally decided on the car I want to campaign next year, plus run in the Challenge Cup. So... Looking for a BRD. Can be complete, a roller, or a project. I'm not fussy since I can work on it all winter.

I'm in the Northeast US, but would meet at the border if necessary.

Thanks!

Chris

Contributing Member
    Liked: 148

Someone in Canada will know where a BRD can be found.
    Best guess is Bill Vallis will chime in
    Good Luck

Liked: 51

Quote Originally Posted by twofoot65 View Post
    Hi folks. I've finally decided on the car I want to campaign next year, plus run in the Challenge Cup. So... Looking for a BRD. Can be complete, a roller, or a project. I'm not fussy since I can work on it all winter.

I'm in the Northeast US, but would meet at the border if necessary.

Thanks!

Chris
    Hi Chris

I have a few BRD's that's running in the Canadian and in the Challenge Cup Series. Have two frames if you want to work from scratch. One frame is ready to take engine and gearbox(was a runner that we poached throughout this season). Ray Carmody have bodies. One frame is a bare frame. If you intent to run Challenge Cup Series the price would be substantially less then the actual value. Cross border no problem. If you want to test one at Cayuga you're welcome. Can book an evening from four to eight(S140CnD) and run as much as you want. Please go to Facebook page for continual updates and info - Formula Vee: Canadian F1200 and Challenge Cup Series

Johan
    Last edited by Johan W; 08.02.18 at 12:28 PM.

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member

Your Lucky to be in the N.E, Between Johan's cars and the great Knowledge that Greg Rice has on these Vees
    there are plenty of resources to build up a BRD
    Greg is at Rice Race Prep near Buffalo N.Y.
    Look FWD to seeing you at A Challenge Cup Event.
    We are having our Car Demo day at Pocono along with The Indy Car race
    on Aug 17--18th. The info is on the website.

Liked: 56

Chris
    Welcome to the fray! Just to add to your confusion, one of the best FV guru's is right around the corner from you. Steve Pastore (Vee Sport Racing) has his shop in Danbury, CT and is a wealth of information. You may want to visit him or at least call him as he may know of a few other BRD's that are local to you. If you aren't busy this weekend, come up to NHMS to see nearly 40 FV's on track as part of the NEFV Championship Series and the Open Wheel Driving Experience. We may have a few BRD options as well. Good luck in your search and please feel free to ask for a crew spot this weekend if you're interested in attending. I'm guessing Steve may be there.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by njg005 View Post
    Chris
    Welcome to the fray! Just to add to your confusion, one of the best FV guru's is right around the corner from you. Steve Pastore (Vee Sport Racing) has his shop in Danbury, CT and is a wealth of information. You may want to visit him or at least call him as he may know of a few other BRD's that are local to you. If you aren't busy this weekend, come up to NHMS to see nearly 40 FV's on track as part of the NEFV Championship Series and the Open Wheel Driving Experience. We may have a few BRD options as well. Good luck in your search and please feel free to ask for a crew spot this weekend if you're interested in attending. I'm guessing Steve may be there.
    Nick
    Thanks nick. Steve's shop is literally 10 minutes from my house, so I will certainly stop by.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by veeten View Post
    Your Lucky to be in the N.E, Between Johan's cars and the great Knowledge that Greg Rice has on these Vees
    there are plenty of resources to build up a BRD
    Greg is at Rice Race Prep near Buffalo N.Y.
    Look FWD to seeing you at A Challenge Cup Event.
    We are having our Car Demo day at Pocono along with The Indy Car race
    on Aug 17--18th. The info is on the website.
    Didn't realize Greg knew about these. He bought my Beach 5c basket case years ago.

Thanks

Chris

Contributing Member

Chris
    Look on the Challenge Cup website at the bottom of the Apex Page.
    Details about Pocono Indy and Demo Vee day is there.
    Last year we had 20 newbies try out the Vees . No License or Membership
    needed.
    Hope you can make it.

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by veeten View Post
    Chris
    Look on the Challenge Cup website at the bottom of the Apex Page.
    Details about Pocono Indy and Demo Vee day is there.
    Last year we had 20 newbies try out the Vees . No License or Membership
    needed.
    Hope you can make it.
    I'll be there!

Now to find me a helmet...

Chris

Liked: 0

Default BRD Frame

Quote Originally Posted by Johan W View Post
    Hi Chris

I have a few BRD's that's running in the Canadian and in the Challenge Cup Series. Have two frames if you want to work from scratch. One frame is ready to take engine and gearbox(was a runner that we poached throughout this season). Ray Carmody have bodies. One frame is a bare frame. If you intent to run Challenge Cup Series the price would be substantially less then the actual value. Cross border no problem. If you want to test one at Cayuga you're welcome. Can book an evening from four to eight(S140CnD) and run as much as you want. Please go to Facebook page for continual updates and info - Formula Vee: Canadian F1200 and Challenge Cup Series

Johan
    I am interested in the BRD bare frame, Cost?

Thread Information