Any suggestions on the front mono shock settings for
    Mid Ohio?
    I currently have the Primus set up with ()()()()() on each side
    . 350# spring front.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks, John R
    Johhny Reisert

Liked: 1432

It's impossible to give valid shock setting suggestions without knowing the valving (or the brand and type of shock for that matter), and even then it's not worth much.

If you car is valved correctly for that spring, set the shock in the middle for bump and rebound and tune it to the track for that day.

Shocks are the last step in finding speed, provided they are in the ballpark. If you're hunting for tenths, then start clicking away.

Liked: 7

Default Mono shock

Actually the question was for the Belleville washer configuration
    at Mid Ohio.
    I am looking for seconds not tenths, thanks Reid.
    Johhny Reisert

Liked: 1432

Ahhh ok.

What I did with mine was tune the front with the main spring and roll springs (washers in your case) to get the feel correct, and use the rear springs and bar to balance it out. Keep in mind, the front main and roll washers are not independent of each other. In dive (braking) the main spring is the only one doing the work. In roll, they both are.

If that is what Primus used, I'd start there for sure. There is a lot of interrelated variables going on in the front. Roll preload, dive preload, droop (I made a limited inside the shock for mine), and rates. Find a baseline, take careful notes, and start pulling your hair out.
    Last edited by reidhazelton; 07.30.18 at 10:51 PM.

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 388

John,

I still have the setup data for when I ran that car at Mid-Ohio, but I'm not sure it's relevant with the changes in tires in the past 20 years. (I can't believe it's been 20 years!)

If you want it, let me know and I can probably scan it and send it to you.

Michael

Liked: 7

Default Mono shock

Sure send it please.
    Johhny Reisert

Thread Information