Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by jtaphorn View Post
    How does one access this registry? Has it been created?
    This string is basically the Registry.....an official list has been created but not published....the original objective was to start the Registry to create community, increase participation, aggregate purchasing power, and to continue evolving FA......much work has been done (and continues to be done) behind the scenes and although very slow, progress continues to be made.

Although happy to hear of FA running at all events, we are also focused on growing participation levels in a dedicated series, notably FRP. 2020 did not help matters but we are seeing signs of renewed interest and attracting new customers expressing real interest in buying/building a Swift 016.

Thanks for your interest and I hope to see you at one or more of the events.

Bob Coriss
    Swift 014a

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 270

Default March 78B FA #14

We recently acquired March 78B #14 from Joe Blacker and ex Holger Ahl. Waiting on a new block but hope to have it out this year.
    This is believed to be an ex Price Cobb car from 78 if anyone can shed light on its history - not critical as its a nice original 78B with all the right bits and nicely prepped by Eric Langbein.

I had a 782 in 1982 that was converted to FA (came from UK) that ended up in the midwest with an Alfa engine - wonder what happened to it.

Phil

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Creighton View Post
    We recently acquired March 78B #14 from Joe Blacker and ex Holger Ahl. Waiting on a new block but hope to have it out this year.
    This is believed to be an ex Price Cobb car from 78 if anyone can shed light on its history - not critical as its a nice original 78B with all the right bits and nicely prepped by Eric Langbein.

I had a 782 in 1982 that was converted to FA (came from UK) that ended up in the midwest with an Alfa engine - wonder what happened to it.

Phil
    You might know Allan and Chris that run Oldracingcars.com
    They seem to have all kinds of records and useful info. Here's a results page for Montreal from 1978:
    https://www.oldracingcars.com/atlant...1978/montreal/
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 3

Default Formula Atlantic Registry

hi Bob,
    not sure if you are still monitoring this, or still keeping track, but i have recently purchased Swift 08.a (with some 014 upgrades) chassis #037

also wondering if anyone knows if the newer BBS Atlantic wheels fit the 08? or could fit with modifications??
    i am in search of another set of wheels....

Rob Milne

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 56

Quote Originally Posted by robm974 View Post
    hi Bob,
    not sure if you are still monitoring this, or still keeping track, but i have recently purchased Swift 08.a (with some 014 upgrades) chassis #037

also wondering if anyone knows if the newer BBS Atlantic wheels fit the 08? or could fit with modifications??
    i am in search of another set of wheels....

Rob Milne
    Rob,

I have a complete set of front and rear BBS' for the 008.a ...Brand spanking new, never mounted, and in boxes. PM me and we can discuss a price.

Glenn Bilawsky

8. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Creighton View Post

Phil
    The 782 car is now back in UK it was the Eddie cheever car

Liked: 26

Default 1998 Swift .008

John Norton
    1998 Swift .008
    Chassis #34

New to FA and absolutely love the car!
    Considering adding to the collection by getting an .014.
    Attached Images Attached Images

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 22

Default Atlantic registry, old school department

I am restoring 3:
    -1972 Brabham BT38 F2, it first ran in Euro F2 and ended up in the USA with a 1600 BDA. Now, it has a 2000 BDG.
    -1973 Brabham BT40 FB, it first ran in Pacific FB with an injected twincam. Now, it has a 1600 BDA "Atlantic" engine.
    -1979 Ralt RT1 Formula Supervee. It has a 1600 VW on Webers. 4 speed, open diff, 6" front and 8" rear wheels.

I am sorry to hear that the Toyotas are worn out grenades. Maybe the solution is that when SCCA engages with a manufacturer to spec their engine into Formula Atlantic, the manufacturer will sign an agreement to supply engine parts for 40 years. I can and did just buy a new block and head from Ford Motorsport for my 1974 Ford Cosworth Atlantic engine. The good news for the DB4 owners is that you may be able to backdate your engine to a Cosworth.

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Three wonderful cars John, it’d be great to hear more history.

Not many RT1s were run in Super Vee so am very curious which RT1 you have. A sign customer-friend, Tom Patston, ran one in Mid Div and some Pro races in 1983, it was yellow with red and black stripes.

Kevin Cogan ran some S/V races with a red one In maybe 1978 and/or ‘79, sponsored if not owned by Frank Arciero in Arciero Wines livery.

I also can’t help but wonder if the BT38 was one of the Traylor Engineering cars driven impeccably well by both Klausler and O’Connor here in ‘73. If not mistaken, at least one came from England and may have been a Ron Dennis car.

Reasonably sure about the above, and being fifty years ago is no excuse if wrong. :-)

Edit: Looked up OldRacingCars.com, both BT38s were indeed Rondel cars before going to Traylor. Both were driven in F2 by Carlos Reutemann, and Klausler’s also driven by Ronnie Peterson, which is news — and awesome — to me!

O’Connor’s was BT38/15, and Klausler’s was BT38/26.

https://www.oldracingcars.com/brabham/bt38/
    Last edited by E1pix; 07.13.22 at 11:48 PM.
    Once we think we’ve mastered something, it’s over
    https://ericwunrow.photoshelter.com/index

Default 1998 Swift OO8/John Norton

Quote Originally Posted by jnortonjr View Post
    John Norton
    1998 Swift .008
    Chassis #34

New to FA and absolutely love the car!
    Considering adding to the collection by getting an .014.

John,

Not sure why/how I missed this before but wanted to welcome you to the group. I am happy to help to get you into a Swift 014 and on the track!
    Can you send me your chassis number of the 08 and the motor info?
    Thanks.

Bob

Default Toyota Motor

Quote Originally Posted by johnhafkenschiel View Post
    I am restoring 3:
    -1972 Brabham BT38 F2, it first ran in Euro F2 and ended up in the USA with a 1600 BDA. Now, it has a 2000 BDG.
    -1973 Brabham BT40 FB, it first ran in Pacific FB with an injected twincam. Now, it has a 1600 BDA "Atlantic" engine.
    -1979 Ralt RT1 Formula Supervee. It has a 1600 VW on Webers. 4 speed, open diff, 6" front and 8" rear wheels.

I am sorry to hear that the Toyotas are worn out grenades. Maybe the solution is that when SCCA engages with a manufacturer to spec their engine into Formula Atlantic, the manufacturer will sign an agreement to supply engine parts for 40 years. I can and did just buy a new block and head from Ford Motorsport for my 1974 Ford Cosworth Atlantic engine. The good news for the DB4 owners is that you may be able to backdate your engine to a Cosworth.
    John,

As you can tell from this thread we have been working for a number of years to restore the Toyota 4AGE 1.6 liter to a more reliable performer. I am pleased to tell you that we have completed the project and will be producing heads very soon that are a direct replacement. New metallurgy, and better flow will result in a much more reliable motor. Stay tuned for availability....I expect to finally have one in my Swift 014 for next season.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bob

17. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 5

Default 4AGE heads

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Corliss View Post
    John,

As you can tell from this thread we have been working for a number of years to restore the Toyota 4AGE 1.6 liter to a more reliable performer. I am pleased to tell you that we have completed the project and will be producing heads very soon that are a direct replacement. New metallurgy, and better flow will result in a much more reliable motor. Stay tuned for availability....I expect to finally have one in my Swift 014 for next season.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Bob
    Watching with Great Interest Bob.

Liked: 12

New owner here. Just picked up Swift 016 Chassis #42. Time for a big rebuild/restore project.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 1.jpg (147.5 KB, 14 views)

20. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 26

Hi Bob,

I just saw your reply. That you for the invite to the group.

I actually have a couple. 008s and a 2001 .014.
    I'll get the chassis numbers for you shortly.

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Corliss View Post
    John,

Not sure why/how I missed this before but wanted to welcome you to the group. I am happy to help to get you into a Swift 014 and on the track!
    Can you send me your chassis number of the 08 and the motor info?
    Thanks.

Bob

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread Information