Liked: 12

For Sale 2012 F600 Scorpion / Maverick for sale

********** SOLD **********

Up for sale is my 2012 Scorpion / Maverick Formula 600 that previously belonged to Fred Edwards, and had the conversion done by Jay Novak himself (http://www.formula500.org/viewtopic.php?t=4262). This is the car that is featured on the www.theformula600challenge.com website. The car has been raced by me during the 2017 season and I've picked up wins at the Hoosier Super Tour at NOLA and at the June Sprints at Road America, as well as podium finishes in any other race we drove the car at. I also set the track record at Topeka in this car while racing against Clint, just to give you an idea of what the car is capable of. The car has always been professionally maintained and was fully prepped for the 2018 season, but never raced due to the unforeseen retirement of my mechanic. There's a brand new set of Schroth Formula II Hans seatbelts in it that have never been used ($450) as well as a Piontek ceramic coated header of just two races old ($1100). The car is equipped with an AiM Evo4 data logging system ($1200) and has a Micron dash. Other than that the car will come with an arsenal of spare parts, a lift with an electric wrench, 4 sets of slicks, 3 sets of rims, 2 noses, multiple throttle bodies, sprockets, fuel jugs, you name it. It is literally ready to race, all you need to do is haul it to the track. The buyer will also receive ALL of my data of the 2017 season. This car is capable of fighting with the top guys with the right driver in it. The only reason I'm selling the car is because I cannot race it without a mechanic, and I am currently racing for another team, so it's pointless to have it just sit in the shop and collect dust. Feel free to ask for more pictures / videos, or if you have any technical questions. The car is located in Howell, MI.

Pictures of car without bodywork: https://imgur.com/a/biXi3Hd

$12,500

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by SvenUSA; 12.19.19 at 9:59 PM. Reason: SOLD

2. The following members LIKED this post:

If you need more information or pictures shoot me a message.

If you're looking to get in a front running car at the runoffs this year, this is the one

Priced lowered to $15,500

Still for sale, feel free to come look at it in person.

Liked: 896

This is a very good car. We did the original conversion and the Edwards did a very nice change to the final drive system!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Price lowered to $14,500.
    Car is now located in Howell, MI.

Price lowered to $13,500. If you're thinking about the runoffs this year, this car can compete up front. Here's a side by side video of me winning the June Sprints @ Road America in 2017 on the last lap in this car vs. the orange Blade that's the fastest car in the class. This is the race our header was broken so that's why we were down on top speed and acceleration so much:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bMENcqiVgo

Hate to do this, but listing this at $12,500

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 1108

Seems like a fair price.

Good Luck.

Pending pickup.

Sold

Thread Information