Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Default Right Coast returns to Pitt Race

Right Coast is going back to Pitt Race, one of the great racing tracks and fine facilities we enjoy immensely each year, on August11-12.
    We are being welcomed by the Steel Cities Region SCCA and will have a stand alone FF/CF race each day as well as mixed class regional.
    In the interest of total honesty it must be said that we have agreed with the region to include any FST cars with us in a split grid to accommodate the regions scheduling.
    No idea how many FST's there might be there but we welcome them to our rodeo.
    Registration is open on motorsportreg, as well as registration for the Friday Aug 10 track run test day, though race weekend payment must be either made at the track or mailed in in advance.
    Not being very on top of things I did both and will show up on the online entry twice ! But no worries, just one of me....

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

Do you accept a VRG license? I had a Pro SCCA but let it expire.

Robby

Liked: 601

Default GLC goes to Pitt

That's also the weekend the GLC Series for Ford powered FC and CFC races there.
    Very nice track and friendly Host.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Robby,
    Per the GCR, SCCA accepts any VMC member clubs licenses at face value and VRG is a VMC member BUT you will need to spend a few bucks for a weekend temporary membership when you arrive and sign in, to satisfy the Participant Accident Insurance requirements.

Keith, his is great, I assume you will be there wit the GLC gang !

Contributing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    Robby,
    Per the GCR, SCCA accepts any VMC member clubs licenses at face value and VRG is a VMC member BUT you will need to spend a few bucks for a weekend temporary membership when you arrive and sign in, to satisfy the Participant Accident Insurance requirements.

I only ask as SCCA did not accept it at the Glen, every other VMC license but not VRG as of last year.

Robby,
    Someone with whatever region was in charge that weekend was ill informed.
    Was that at the September double regional at WGI ?
    If so many of us were there myself included and would have helped…..

Contributing Member

Robby,
    Someone with whatever region was in charge that weekend was ill informed.
    Was that at the September double regional at WGI ?
    If so many of us were there myself included and would have helped…..
    Having been a RE, I just can;t imagine hat ever happening...lol
    Looking forward, need to find a crew to help and all set!

Liked: 29

Default Links to Registration, Track Maps, Etc.

Right Coast has a web site and we have published the links there for easy one click access to register for this Right Coast event, the regional race and the track run practice day. We also have links to track maps and directions. Plus those sups that we "always read" which has the schedule.

When registering for the 2018 Jim "ROCKY" Farrar Memorial Regional/TT there is a Right Coast Formula Ford class or double dip and select a FF or Club Ford to add the regional as well.

Click here to visit out Pitt Race page: http://www.rcffs.org/schedule.html#Pitt

See you there!

Your for the sport,
    Dave Gernert
    FF # 8

Liked: 601

Default Pitt Raceway

That's my plan.
    Keith
    Averill Racing Stuff, Inc.
    www.racing-stuff.com
    248-585-9139

Liked: 280

Default Right Coast returns to Pitt Race

Hi,

Here is a little additional detail to add to what Mike has already written. It is really important that we all get entered as soon as we can as we have seen that entries breed entries. We are now three weeks away from Right Coast Formula F Series Race 3 at Pittsburgh International Race Complex on August 11 & 12. There is a test and tune day on Friday, August 10, but this is a track sponsored test day. Please contact PIRC at 724-535-1000 for details.

This event is an SCCA Regional Race sanctioned by the Steel Cities Region of SCCA and does count toward your SCCA license renewal for next season. The full course at PIRC is a joy to drive. It has lots of elevation change, fast and slow corners and several very good overtaking opportunities. If you have not yet sampled this track you are missing a truly fun experience. If you have, like me, you don’t want to miss it.

The RCFFS cars have the opportunity to run in two race groups. Race group 3 is combined Wings and Things group and is a Regional Championship race. Race group 5 is for Formula F, Club Formula F and FST cars only. For those of you who are unfamiliar with FST, these are FV chassis that feature disc brakes and wheels and tires that are the same as our Club Fords. They are powered by 1600 cc VW engines which makes their performance and driving characteristics very similar to those of the CFF.

There is a Saturday morning qualifying session for Group 3 (if you are only going to race the Regional) and a session for Group 5 (if you are only going to race with RCFFS/FST). Later on Saturday there will be 15 lap races for each group. On Sunday there will be a 20 minute warm up session for Open Wheel cars followed by 17 lap races for each group.

Come and join us for a great weekend at a great race track. Please get you entry in ASAP and note that the MotorsportReg site is NOT collecting entry fees. You can either mail a check to the region or you can wait until you sign in at the track to present the check, credit card, etc.

We hope to see you there.

Joe Marcinski

12. The following members LIKED this post:

And further to Joes post above both he and I are entered in Right Coast Group 5 as well as Regional Group 3, regardless of the list being shown on motorsportreg showing us both entered twice in Group 3 only, neither of us appearing in the Group 5 list !
    I have asked the registrar to correct that inaccuracy.....
    Looking forward to seeing everyone at the great Pitt Race facility.

Liked: 29

Default Wd40

Did my late into the season “WD40” race this weekend. Looking forward to RCFFS at Pittsburgh!

Liked: 313

Another great Right Coast event at PittRace. Maybe not as big a field as we'd like but we had some good, clean, fast racing. Phil finally got an opportunity to race in an SCCA event at PittRace so he knocked the track record down about 3 seconds. It may have only been for second place, but Mike, Wayne and I had a race and a half Saturday. Let's do it again at Summit Point.

16. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information