Liked: 984

Default Brandon Dixon Wins!

Congratulations to Brandon, Wren and the Alabama gang on a commanding performance in Sunday's F2000 race. Brandon took off at the green like he was shot out of a cannon and had a race winning lead by the time he hit the pit straight. Well played and managed!

It was a hot, but very good weekend of racing FC's at Mid-Ohio. I had a couple of nice runs with Messers. Roe, Paul and Jenks. All very hard and close, but heads up clean racing. It is always nice to see everyone's cars rolling into the trailers at the end of the weekend.

DW and Sherrie dropped by and it is clear he will be back on track in a big way in early 2019 with a much improved Citation!

If you like FC racing (and who doesn't?) then you missed a great weekend. Maybe the series will get some photos up on Apex and can stir some interest in bringing out some missing faces at the Pittsburgh race.

2. The following 9 users liked this post:

Liked: 151

Thanks John. It was a great weekend with some really good competition. I think this is the most cars in the 1:24's since the series went to the current tire.

The stewards did a great job running the event as well. They were able to safely keep the course green during qualifying and races with hot pulls and leaving cars in safe areas. The track time quality is unmatched.

It was great to see Dave at the track.

4. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    Thanks John. It was a great weekend with some really good competition. I think this is the most cars in the 1:24's since the series went to the current tire.

The stewards did a great job running the event as well. They were able to safely keep the course green during qualifying and races with hot pulls and leaving cars in safe areas. The track time quality is unmatched.

what a great effort from a great team! Congrats

Great news that Dave W was at the track!
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post

I watched Race 2 from Madness, and it was definitely anawesome race! For most of the race there was a great battle for positions 4through 7. Lots of passing and even side by side through Madness. Awesomeracing. The field is definitely tight.
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Liked: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Will Velkoff View Post

I watched Race 2 from Madness, and it was definitely anawesome race! For most of the race there was a great battle for positions 4through 7. Lots of passing and even side by side through Madness. Awesomeracing. The field is definitely tight.

I was "stuck" back there in race 2 and that is the biggest pack of nose to tail for the longest duration I've ever seen in this series. Durrett and I ran at each other quite a few times and he gave me room and I tried to make sure I did the same for him. For some reason we had lost some straight line between race 1 and 2, I am hoping everyone else trimmed and we didn't and we were just way over aero'd. Regardless, we ran hard inches apart for nearly 25 of the 30 mins and nobody wrecked anyone else. While I wanted to be ahead of it (doesn't everyone, always?) it may have been the the most intense race I've ever had in 2 liter when you think about intensity + proximity x # of cars + duration.

Yes, that's the official mathematical calculation for classifying race quality. I'm a genius.

Also the start of race #1 with LaRue and Jenks in 7 and LaRue in 8 and 9 and beyond was indycar/formula 1 stuff. John and I were interlocked or nearly for the entire opening first segment, with no contact. If it were televised they would have been replaying those onboards quite a few times I guarantee it. It was an exciting weekend and nobody seemed to get heat rage. It was a pretty calm paddock even with the astronomical intensity on track and the weather.

The entire series deserves a gold star, as well as the track workers.

I am working on video now, however it is storming right now and my power goes out if someone coughs near a pole. I'll get them up ASAP.

I was also super pleased to see Dave W show up. He looks really good which put a nice pep in my step.
    Also Matt Rehm stopped by as well. If you don't know his shop flooded very badly and he and the Horans and Bob Reid lost quite a bit of automotive products, including several cars and trucks not to mention all the tools and equipment that goes with that stuff. Bob's Citation f1600 was underwater, and right when they were finally prepared to finish it and have it running. Seeing him there, and in good spirits was also a nice surprise.
    Washed up never-was

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Thread Information