Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked: 5

The april 1&2 CMP SARRC. Camden is having thier anual steeple chase event , so all rooms are taken. go to SCR-SCCA.COM they have hotel info on web page. with rates and phone #s. hotels are in Lancaster SC.
    Asphalt is for Racing Grass is for Passing
    CEC Racing RF96 #97
    Chuck Cecil

Contributing Member Chet Zerlin's Avatar
    Liked: 4

What's the latest recommendation for hotels and restaurants near VIR???

Liked: 115

Quote Originally Posted by Chet Zerlin
    What's the latest recommendation for hotels and restaurants near VIR???
    Chet:

I like the Sleep Inn across from the airport. I like the restaurant at the old manor house on the property. You need to go there anyway and take in the history on display. Be sure to sample the brew's at the Oak Tree Tavern. There's another new hotel also near the airport - I think it's a Best Western. The Lodge at VIR is a really cool experience. It fills up rapidly - call the track. BTW, there's not much about VIR I don't like. Maybe the gravel in the paddock. You had to be there in '74 to really appreciate the place today.

JG

Liked: 59

Cheapest is probably the (Ramada) Stratford Inn. I think it's still $49/night if you tell them you're with SCCA. Accomodations are adequate - think early 70's Holiday Inn. The Sleep Inn and BW out by the airport are closest to track. Holler if you can't find numbers on the web - I'll dig them up for you. We're staying at the HI Express for the priority club points, and because they take dogs....

Hope we'll be seeing you guys there next weekend! Let's try to get together for dinner and beers at the track restaurant. You gonna be there Reverend?

Best regards,
    Eric
    If you don't think too good, don't think too much.
    - Ted Williams

Liked: 115

Default Sermon on the Manor

Eric:

The Reverend will be preaching in the Oak Tree Tavern on Friday night. Demon Drink, and all that, you know.

George Bussman is taking delivery of my beloved black beauty on Thursday. I'll possibly drive the Z16 on Friday - if it's ready enough. I still haven't eyeballed the thing. The Colonel and I are driving to Comprent on Tuesday for seat fittings and to retrieve the Zink. Holy Moly.

(Get ready to ride the karts in June!)

JG

Contributing Member Chet Zerlin's Avatar
    Liked: 4

Thanks for the info - Adam and I will be there with him driving and me playing crew.
    We'll also be doing the test day (there IS a test day on Friday....right???) although I may have to fight with Adam to get some seat time....first time for both of us at VIR.

Contributing Member Scott Hutchison's Avatar
    Liked: 0

Default Autobahn CC accommodations

Looking for recommendations on where to stay for the July regional at Autobahn CC. Nothing five star just someplace close to the track that my girl friend will find exceptable...........
    Scott Hutchison
    1978 Lola T620 SV
    Land O'Lakes

Liked: 447

Here's a link to local hotels to the speedway and dragstrip in Joliet which is 5 minutes away from Autobahn. I can't speak from experience though about any of them since the track is so close to home.
    2003 VanDiemen FSCCA #29
    Follow me on Twitter @KeithCarter74

Contributing Member Scott Hutchison's Avatar

Default Autobahn CC accommodations

Thanks for helping me out Keith. I tried to find this thread but couldn't.
    Scott Hutchison
    1978 Lola T620 SV
    Land O'Lakes

Contributing Member captaineddie1975's Avatar
    Liked: 19

Default eat & sleep

It has been a long time 1988 since I raced at the Glen and Pocono. Can anybody give me some suggestions for motels restaurants. I used to stay at the Glen Motor Inn and at Pocono there was a motel near the track where Bertil Roos put his students up but I cant remember the name. I'm open to suggestions.
    Ed C.

Liked: 3

Default Grattan

Anybody know of a good hotel near the track up at grattan?? I plan on going up there memorial day weekend.

Thanks!
    Andrew

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 854

Default New to this side of the Missippi - how about IRP

Or ORP @ I?

Either way, is there a close, inexpensive hotel near IRP? Any decent food places? Looking for inexpensive here - two room would be required.

BTW, I still call Sears Point by its real name - Sears Point!
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Contributing Member John Nesbitt's Avatar
    Liked: 899

Default Nelson Ledges / Warren OH

Any recommendations on a nice place to eat in the Warren area?
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Default Nelson Ledges Area

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt
    Any recommendations on a nice place to eat in the Warren area?
    No responses so far. This is not a good sign. I was hoping to treat the sponsor to a (semi-) nice meal to persuade her that a newer racecar was a better investment than a new bathroom.
    Last edited by John Nesbitt; 09.12.06 at 1:04 PM.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Default Gateway Hotels

Even though there were no responses to my IRP question ( or John's question about Warren, where ever that is), I'm stubborn so I'll try again.

I've already been told not to cross into St Louis and that there were some places near I70, exit #11. Which hotels there would be good?
    Garey Guzman
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Default vir restaurants

Outback is reliable...Mexican joint is on 58 business; can't remember the name...is visible on the right on way into town ...very good, Also Joe and Mimma's...good Italian. Regards Bee

Default Gateway Hotel - results

I got an offline suggestion to try the Best Western but they didn't have non-smoking rooms so I ended up at Days Inn. They still had reasonable room rates despite some stick and ball game going on in St. Louis (AAA and SCCA discount available). The rooms were fine with free breakfast (cereal, waffles, juice, lots of muffins and other less healthy stuff). They also had cookies when we got back to the hotel! Mmmmm, chocolate chip cookies.... Not the best thing for fitting in my race car but I had to eat too many.

Mexican restaurant was ok and not badly priced. Also ate at Steak and Shake and Pizza Hut. The server at Pizza Hut wasn't a very happy person but the pizza was great. OK, pizza is my other weakness.
    Garey Guzman

Default at vir

I hate to say it but Outback in town is reliable. Also, for Italian ...Joe and Mimmas. If it's open, the Oak Tree Tavern is excellent. Bee

Quote Originally Posted by John Nesbitt View Post
    Any recommendations for hotels at M-O? We are looking for quiet (recently spent 4 sleepless nights at Stratford Inn for VIR - never again), convenient to track, and (preferably) on-site restaurant. Thanks for any pointers. Did I mention quiet?
    the two exits closest to Mid Ohio I think 97 and 98 have several places to stay at. Avoid the Mid Ohio motel even though it looks "homey". For Abe Lincoln maybe. there is a Days Inn, Knights Inn and sevral really nice places, one with an indoor water park. The next exit north has a Roadway, Super 8 and an Amerihost with indoor hot tub. You can get to the track without getting back on the interstate.

Default Lime Rock Area Restaurants

I'm heading to Lime Rock for the NARRC Runoffs in a couple of weeks. Any suggestions for good restaurants in the area? Thanks.
    John Nesbitt
    ex-Swift DB-1

Default The Plastic Hilton

.....best food? - At Frank DelVecchio's motorhome! About 20 (or 25) years ago at the end of a cold, blustery day of qualifying at the NARRC Runoffs, Frank performed his "fishes and loaves" miracle. Intent on emptying out his motor home of foodstuffs for the winter, he heated many cans of Dinty Moore beef stew in an old gear change drain pan. He tossed slices of gummy Wonder bread to the shivering masses, and, true to his prediction, there wasn't a morsel left. The traces of 90W gear oil added a certain 'je ne c'est quoi' to the complex flavors, and the soft white bread was the perfect vehicle for mopping up the entrails - er, the rich, meaty, gravy goodness.

Perhaps we can entice Frank to re-enact "The Miracle of the NARRC-offs" this year.

- or you could just eat at one of the many fine, upscale resturants nearby. Me, I wouldn't know - I'll be in my motorhome heating up the Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee.

Default Funny post, Joby...

...see you in the garage at The Glen this weekend.

As for local restaurants:

http://salisbury-lakevillect.com/sal...ctory_food.htm

I've dined at The Boat House several times and it's quite nice.

Liked: 3787

Lakeville CT.... The Boathouse

Watkins Glen NY... Village Marina, especially for lunch.
    for lodging... rent a cabin right on Lake Seneca, or stay at the Falls Motel.

Road Atlanta... for dining, the Blue Willow Inn in Social Circle Georgia.

Liked: 201

Default Lime Rock - Help

Everyone
    It has been a few years since I have been to Lime Rock. Any recommendations on hotels? If memory serves me correctly, hotels are a bit of a ways from the track (which is fine) but any recommendations on certain ones or certain cities to look in would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Andy

Liked: 73

We've stayed here when not camping at the track http://www.innatironmasters.com/ , it is a nice ride over some decent backroads, Salmon Kill Road, if you like that sort of thing
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 95

Default Grattan Raceway Hotels/Motels

Any hotels, motels???

We usually take the motorhome but not sure with gas prices which is the best way.

I know there is one about 10 minutes away near the gas station we went to but I don't know the name of it.

Any help
    JIM (2006 GLC CFC Champion)

Default Lime Rock

A nice hotel is White Heart Inn near close to Lime Rock. It is an old hotel that is in the center of town. A nice walk through the old town
    Steve
    1984/86 Reynard SF2000
    WDC Region

Default Watering Hole??

All this and no one has mentioned the Watering Hole in Sebring. Im shocked. What could be better than watching a 15 ft. gator while eating a great steak?
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Default Road America?

I crewed there once for a Vintage guy but I don't have that kind of budget. If I can talk someone into going, what hotel would be most "cost effective" (Junt Sprints).

If no one can come with me, I'll just sleep in the truck....
    Garey Guzman

Liked: 1

Default Road America Hotel Info?

Can anyone recommend any hotels in the Road America area? I was there once back in 2001 but can not remember where we stayed. I do seem to recall that the drive to the track was way too long!

Liked: 29

Rick:
    There are more choices around Road America than there were a few years ago, but most places sell out, so you can't wait. I was surprised that the AmericInn in Plymouth had some rooms available on the weekend of the June Sprints. Another popular spot is the Baymont, also in Plymouth. If you have the budget, check out the Osthoff in Elkhart Lake, the American Club and Inn on Woodlake, in Kohler. Sheboygan is a little further away, but you should be able to find lodging there.

Jim Gustafson
    Racing Since 1970

Default Road America

Jim probably has the best suggestions.

My method (when I don't get any responses here) is to check the online discount sites for the best price, then call the hotel directly. Sometimes, they'll give me a great price, then I'll ask for the AAA discount! I can't remember the hotel that I stayed at but it was in Sheboygan. I'd guess about 20 miles away, about 25 minutes and close to lots of food places, next to Pit Stop Pizza, which I think is a food caterer at RdAm.
    Garey Guzman

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Inge View Post
    All this and no one has mentioned the Watering Hole in Sebring. Im shocked. What could be better than watching a 15 ft. gator while eating a great steak?
    I second this. It is, at least the last couple of times I've been a cash only establishment.

I'll add the Blue Lagoon Saloon. Good sports bar type place. Good food at good prices. It's on the north end of Sebring on the east side of US 27 just north of the the Wal-Mart.
    Andrew Richards
    Convergent Motorsports

Liked: 33

I think I am going to have go there this year. It was recommended to me last year but I was sucked in by the black hole known as green park before I even had a chance.
    Chris Buccola track brat since 1986.
    Chicago Region- Corner Worker
    Spec Racer Ford Gen 2 #38

Limerock food places and or a good place to watch the Indy 500 and Coca Cola 600 this weekend?
    Matthew Inge
    http://www.MatthewIngeRacing.com
    Never Forget VT 4-16-2007

Liked: 42

Limerock food places and or a good place to watch the Indy 500 and Coca Cola 600 this weekend?
    And Monaco!

Food places in Lakeville... not many choices!

Liked: 3787

Some of the best dining to be found at any Series event will be found around LRP. Unfortunately, also the most expensive. Keeping the prices way up keeps the riff-raff out of the Berkshires. The is not a sportsbar, eith 30 widesceen TVs on every corner... nor even in that corner of the state.

Default Food and Racing on TV @LRP?

Rand's house!!!

Contributing Member
    Liked: 46

Default Road Atlanta Motel Reccomendations

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

Holiday Inn Express in Braselton is nice, (exit 126 on the I85) and is maybe 5 miles from the track. I stayed there for a month or so when I first came to the US and bumped into Johnny Herbert at breakfast one day!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information