Contributing Member rick payne_75's Avatar
    Liked: 112

Default Runoffs schedule??

Are you freaking kidding me? FF is supposed to run with f500 yet again? Not Only for qualifying but for the race too? If this schedule stays the way it s now posted for the Runoffs, I will be doing my final SCCA race at the Portland Super Tour race in 2 weeks! Any one else care to offer up their opinion. Rick Payne

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 18

Get a vee and have your own run group
    Robbie Arthur FV #67

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

I posted my displeasure on the SCCA site. I’m out. No point in having a seasons worth of work ruined by a snowmobile engine on the last lap. What a joke.

5. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 279

Quote Originally Posted by jharvey View Post
    I posted my displeasure on the SCCA site. I’m out. No point in having a seasons worth of work ruined by a snowmobile engine on the last lap. What a joke.
    Agreed. Qualifying last year at Indy with the F500's was a lesson in frustration. For some reason they started the F500 pack in front for the first 3 qualifying sessions. The F500's would slow roll it on the out lap to give themselves some space to run so by the time they got 75 cars on track, the FF's were already into F500 traffic ON THE FIRST qualifying lap. I don't think I got a lap where someone didn't park it in the corner those three sessions. The last session they split it into two 7 MINUTE Qualifying sessions. So, essentially I was there all that time to get a 7 MINUTE qualifying session.

The Run-Offs format needs a big change.
    Ciao,

Joel
    Piper DF-5 F1000

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 71

The biggest joke has to be fc all alone all week as well as racing alone.
    You have to wonder who has a hand in the schedules?

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1261

Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    The biggest joke has to be fc all alone all week as well as racing alone.
    You have to wonder who has a hand in the schedules?

Maybe fc is not popular where you go but it is out here. I'm expecting 20+ cars. I believe there are 15 in CA already qualified.

10. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 71

I am not dogging fc. I am just questioning the methodology used to create this schedule. I am not coming due to logistics but this is the reason I didn’t go to Indy. Just venting is all....carry on!

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

That sux. I'm buying a Pinto.
    I am not alone.

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 34

Rick
    I feel your pain. My hope is that the F5s will not make the trip out west.
    Last edited by Dave SanF 50; 05.06.18 at 10:13 PM. Reason: mis-spelling corrected

Liked: 227

I agree that it sucks for our classes to be together and it made no sense whatsoever that they sent us (F500) out in front of FF for so many days at Indy. If my memory is correct, most of the F500 guys voiced that same opinion at the CRB meeting.

On the positive side (for FF) - there will be very few F500s at the Runoffs this year. Probably less than 10.

Cory

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post
    I agree that it sucks for our classes to be together and it made no sense whatsoever that they sent us (F500) out in front of FF for so many days at Indy. If my memory is correct, most of the F500 guys voiced that same opinion at the CRB meeting.

On the positive side (for FF) - there will be very few F500s at the Runoffs this year. Probably less than 10.

Cory
    I got a good reply from Eric Prill to the same concerns. Their survey data showed 20 FFs planning to attend and 5 F5s so they expected minimal interference and less so in the race with split starts.

I still don’t like it for the Runoffs but it was good to know that they thought it out and used available data to decide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contributing Member problemchild's Avatar
    Liked: 4346

This would fall under the category of "Self-fulfilling prophecy"
    Greg Rice, RICERACEPREP.com
    F1600 Arrive-N-Drive for FRP and SCCA, FC SCCA also. Including Runoffs
    2020 & 2022 F1600 Champion, 2020 SCCA FF Champion, 2021 SCCA FC Champion,
    2016 F2000 Champion, Follow RiceRacePrep on Instagram.

19. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by problemchild View Post
    This would fall under the category of "Self-fulfilling prophecy"
    Agreed, I mentioned the same in my note back to them.

Liked: 799

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rivard View Post
    Their survey data showed 20 FFs planning to attend and 5 F5s so...
    I've nothing against 500's, would say this regardless of the class, but if only FIVE entrants show up to run for the national championship, maybe the class belongs back in regionals?

22. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 279

Quote Originally Posted by cory mcleod View Post

Cory
    JMO, but any class that can't scare up 10 cars for the RunOffs should be stricken from the schedule and the time reallocated to the other classes.
    Ciao,

Joel
    Piper DF-5 F1000

24. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 47

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rivard View Post
    I got a good reply from Eric Prill to the same concerns. Their survey data showed 20 FFs planning to attend and 5 F5s so they expected minimal interference and less so in the race with split starts.

I still don’t like it for the Runoffs but it was good to know that they thought it out and used available data to decide.

I was one of the people that submitted the survey saying that I was going to the Runoffs. I guess the 20 is now 19.

Liked: 977

My proposed format would provide each class with its own sessions - http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...rnative-Format

Nothing will change however until everyone gets on the same page. People are too busy and easily distracted. They take five minutes to post a rant and complain, perhaps some even will drop a letter or call an SCCA steward or employee. It takes more than that.

27. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 227

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus7 View Post
    I've nothing against 500's, would say this regardless of the class, but if only FIVE entrants show up to run for the national championship, maybe the class belongs back in regionals?
    Hold on now - I don't think F500 is ready for regional status just yet. Since this is an FF thread, I would not expect you to know anything about the current state of F500, but this might be helpful: F500 had that same number of Runoffs starters as FF in 2016 and two more than FF in 2017. The problem with 2018 is purely geography. There are only 2-3 active F500 drivers west of Texas, and we don't have pro teams that truck multiple cars around the country.

That being said, I agree with Joel that any class without 10 cars should be excluded from the Runoffs. Let's see how many don't have 10 cars this year.

Cory

29. The following 3 users liked this post:

Liked: 17

"A Runoffs-eligible class with a minimum of 3 race starters and fewer than 10 qualified drivers
    entered who have participated in at least one on track session at the current year’s Runoffs will
    name a National Champion but subsequently be on probation for the following year’s Runoffs."

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by Dave SanF 50 View Post
    Rick
    I feel your pain. My hope is that the F5s will not make the trip out west.

only 7 F500s the last time i looked. Indy was a cluster f**k but Sonoma will probably be ok.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post
    My proposed format would provide each class with its own sessions - http://www.apexspeed.com/forums/show...rnative-Format

Nothing will change however until everyone gets on the same page. People are too busy and easily distracted. They take five minutes to post a rant and complain, perhaps some even will drop a letter or call an SCCA steward or employee. It takes more than that.
    letters are the only thing that works. Members of the CRB and the BOD do not pay attention to internet forums .sendca letter or 2.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 17

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    only 7 F500s the last time i looked. Indy was a cluster f**k but Sonoma will probably be ok.

7? Motorsportsreg only lists 5.

Quote Originally Posted by teamfun View Post
    7? Motorsportsreg only lists 5.
    it was 7 a couple of weeks ago. Must have been a couple of withdrawals.

If there is only 5 f500 entrants there should not be an issue with traffic.

I get it though as F500 is not as deep competitive wise as FF.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Thread Information