Liked: 280

Default Registration Opens for Right Coast Race 1 next week

Hi,

Registration for Race 1 of the 2018 Right Coast Formula F Series opens next Tuesday, May 8th on MotorsportReg.com. Once again the kind folks at South Jersey Region of the SCCA are hosting us as part of the Lightning Challenge weekend on June 1, 2 & 3.

This event is also Round 4 of the MARRS championship; Round 3 of the Northeast Division Road Racing Championship and Rounds 3 & 4 of the New Jersey Road Racing Series. Friday, June 1 is a track sponsored test day (extra fee required). The regional race program kicks off on Saturday morning. Formula F and Club Formula F drivers have the opportunity drive the Lightning Circuit three times on Saturday with a morning qualifying session; a 20 lap Right Coast Formula F Series race right after lunch and a 15 lap regional qualifying race later on Saturday afternoon. On Sunday morning the second 20 lap Right Coast race goes off shortly after 9 AM and there is a 20 lap regional/divisional championship race on Sunday afternoon.

We will have our usual Saturday night social where we will have our prize drawings which includes a chance to win a set of Hoosier Racing tires.

Full details will be available when on-line registration opens on Tuesday, May 8 and on our website rcffs.org.

There is also a little news regarding the second race of the 2018 RCFFS season at Mid Ohio. There will be a Thursday evening test session available (extra fee required). Our host for that weekend, Formula Race Promotions, has asked if we can get a count of the drivers who are interested in that Thursday evening test session. If you plan on doing the session; please email me at joemffracer@comcast.net at your earliest convenience so we can help out our hosts.

Thanks, and we hope to see you at NJMP.

Joe Marcinski

2. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 19

Default Can't Wait!!

Thanks Joe! I'll spread the word.

Liked: 74

Default Calling Derek!!!

Derek!!! Remeember our last time there? I think we need to get set up for taking the new car to NJMP and get another win 2nd year in a row!!

Let's do this!

5. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 78

Oh that weekend! That was a long but rewarding weekend. The only reason I was able to pull that off is with Shayne's help. The race car gods were with me that particular race. I need to get use to the new car first. We will see what happens with the new car in time.

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    Oh that weekend! That was a long but rewarding weekend. The only reason I was able to pull that off is with Shayne's help. The race car gods were with me that particular race. I need to get use to the new car first. We will see what happens with the new car in time.

They really wanted you to win.

I knew the input shaft from my car was good for something lol. Throw it in....win a race lol...

Liked: 127

Quote Originally Posted by S. Frebert View Post
    Derek!!! Remeember our last time there? I think we need to get set up for taking the new car to NJMP and get another win 2nd year in a row!!

Let's do this!
    Hopefully this year you'll be behind the wheel Shayne!
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

Quote Originally Posted by Will Velkoff View Post
    Hopefully this year you'll be behind the wheel Shayne!
    Man I sure hope so too! I'm really busting my ass this year to make a difference.

Liked: 73

Default Max in the Zink

It looks like Max may be piloting the old #39 this year. I've been suffering from some serious wrist/elbow/shoulder pains due to chronic overuse of my one and only arm.
    If I'm able to drive I will, but as it stands now I will have to tap my substitute driver.
    JD
    Zink Z10

Liked: 78

If Max is driving can we put extra weight in the car? Or mount a parachute to create some drag?

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 73

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Holmes View Post
    If Max is driving can we put extra weight in the car? Or mount a parachute to create some drag?

We'll mount the rear shocks outboard to create some drag
    JD
    Zink Z10

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Some sort of complication or computer glitch has pushed the opening of June 1-2-3 NJMP Lightning Right Coast season opener with South Jersey Region till noon tomorrow, Wednesday May 9.

Liked: 280

Default Registration is Open for Right Coast Race 1 at NJMP

Hi,

As Mike explained a couple of days ago there is some type of issue with the entry on MotorsportReg. We have been in touch with both the Registrar of SJR and with MotorsportReg to try and get it resolved as quickly as possible.

We currently have 5 entrants, although you cannot see them because of this glitch. People are working hard to get this corrected and we will let you know as soon as it is safe to log in and complete the registration successfully.

Thank you for your patience,

Joe M.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

FF/CFers trying to register for Right Coast and the Lightning Challenge on motorsportreg, race director and CF runner JD King has requested until "they" get the issues cleared up just wait a day or until a further post saying go ahead.
    There are odd things happening, like one message is one must you put some F1000 info, or another you must be a RCFFS member to enter the RCFS portion, neither of which mean anything, clearly the system needs attention.
    JD and South Jersey Region will get this sorted out with motorspotreg.
    The event I still 3 weeks away so it will get good soon, I am sure.

Thread Information