Thread: Motive bleeders

Liked: 8

Default Motive bleeders

Hi Guys,

I picked up the bleeder caps for Girling MC’s but I’m having some trouble. The one for the clutch fits fine but the one for the brakes doesn’t. The cap appears to be the right diameter but the threads don’t seem to match.

Has anyone gotten this to work?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Contributing Member hdsporty1988's Avatar
    Liked: 193

Quote Originally Posted by schaibaa View Post
    Hi Guys,

I picked up the bleeder caps for Girling MC’s but I’m having some trouble. The one for the clutch fits fine but the one for the brakes doesn’t. The cap appears to be the right diameter but the threads don’t seem to match.

Has anyone gotten this to work?
    I have one and it works great, no issues at all with the fit.

Quote Originally Posted by hdsporty1988 View Post
    I have one and it works great, no issues at all with the fit.
    Thanks! Are you using an 1124 cap?

Quote Originally Posted by schaibaa View Post
    Thanks! Are you using an 1124 cap?
    I'm not sure what an 1124 cap is. Mine fits with Pegasus racing part number 3549.

I'm not sure what an 1124 cap is. Mine fits with Pegasus racing part number 3549.
    Now i realize you were listing the Motive part number, 1124 appears to be for the lsrger girling master, the one that fits mine is 1123.

Now i realize you were listing the Motive part number, 1124 appears to be for the lsrger girling master, the one that fits mine is 1123.
    Ok thanks. The 1123 cap fits great on my clutch MC. Just not sure about the brake MC’s. Motive wasn’t very helpful - maybe I’ll call Pegasus in the morning. I’m not opposed to replacing the resoivoirs.

Hi Guys,

Just a quick update. My car had original Girling reservoirs. The motive cap doesn’t seem to fit those. I ordered replacement reservoirs from Pegasus and the motive cap fits that perfectly. Worth the $50 for new reservoirs.

Thread Information