Liked: 91

Default Mid Ohio Super Tour

Who is in for the Mid-O Super tour Major? I have heard there may be a F500 class specific sponsor for this race and possibly some purse money.

-Eric

Liked: 56

Quote Originally Posted by TDI PILOT View Post
    Who is in for the Mid-O Super tour Major? I have heard there may be a F500 class specific sponsor for this race and possibly some purse money.

-Eric
    There will be some announcements soon. There will be a purse and everyone will be included. The F600 Challenge is running this event as well and should be a nice comparison track. It should be fun.

3. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 72

F500 CHAMPIONSHIP RACE WITH A $10,000 PRIZE PAYOUT

Come join the fun at the Mid-Ohio F500 Championship Race brought to you by Strategic Wealth Management (thank you, Jeremy Swank, owner!) and The Formula 600 Challenge Series. As everyone knows the Runoffs will be held at Sonoma this year which is resulting in drivers opting out of the national championship race. With an average travel distance of 5,000 miles round trip to compete in this year’s Runoffs race the majority of the F500 class has opted out of making the trip. This year we will be trying something a little different with having a race which is quickly becoming known as the "Championship of the East". With a $10,000 prize fund up for grabs the race is certainly gaining popularity! The race will be run in conjunction with the SCCA Majors weekend of June 1st - 3rd and is open to anyone in the F500 class no matter what drivetrain is being utilized. This race will certainly bring the competition out of the woodwork and will not be a race anyone will want to miss out on! As the race gets closer more announcements will be put out so keep your eyes open for further announcements.

For registration, schedule, etc., go here –
    https://www.scca.com/events/1990406-gl-roc-ovr-super-tour-majors-mid-ohio-ovr

Default Crickets

Anyone that can, please enter this event. This is real money and will be paid out to the field. Our class has gotten a lot of good press lately. Even your truly made a video spot on the SCCA Hoosier garage series. Mid Ohio will be a nice parity track regardless of motor. There will be some fun things associated with the event so make it the best that this part of the country has. What other class can say they have a $10k event. I know where there are cars for rent for those in the fence.

yours for the sport

Jeremy Swank

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

All drivers that's planning on racing at this event please post your name so we can get a head count of who will be there please. We are planning some stuff and will need this info. This is going to be one event that you don't want to miss out on! If you don't list your name on this thread for whatever reason please PM me or Jeremy to let us know. If you're not accounted for it's not the end of the world, but there will be some items that you'll likely miss out on that we wouldn't want anyone to miss out on. Thanks!

Default Enter

Liked: 12

Count me in!

Liked: 0

I do appreciate the efforts to put this on and getting the prizes together.

I need the details to make the argument to get a decision from the boss/sponsor/wife.

Thanks
    Dave

Approximately $10k will be split as a tow fund by all the entrants. There will be some added things for top 6.

12. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by f500racer View Post
    Approximately $10k will be split as a tow fund by all the entrants. There will be some added things for top 6.
    spectacular Jeremy.. Great job! Hope we can figure out a way to be there.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Just in case there's questions as to how the 10k will be divided it will be divided equally. If one person takes the green flag they will get 10k. If 5 people take the green flag they will receive 2k each. If 20 people take the green flag they will receive 500 each. There will likely be additional prizes given out to those who post on this forum or PM Jeremy or Myself within two weeks prior to the event. We're trying to get a head count.

Quote Originally Posted by clint View Post
    Just in case there's questions as to how the 10k will be divided it will be divided equally. If one person takes the green flag they will get 10k. If 5 people take the green flag they will receive 2k each. If 20 people take the green flag they will receive 500 each. There will likely be additional prizes given out to those who post on this forum or PM Jeremy or Myself within two weeks prior to the event. We're trying to get a head count.
    Seriously, what a class act and an ambassador for the sport. Thank you Jeremy Swank, Strategic wealth management, and Formula 600 challenge!

I’m registered and can’t wait for this race!

-Eric

Thanks bud. Tell your dad and all the Waterford Hills guys they need to enter. We don’t get all the money!

yours for the sport

jeremy swank

Liked: 8

Dave got permission to go, so we are planning to go (and have signed up).
    Hoping more people will be able to make it, but I guess more money for us if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by tfriest View Post
    Dave got permission to go, so we are planning to go (and have signed up).
    Hoping more people will be able to make it, but I guess more money for us if they don't.
    Thanks!

Default Why not?

13 entries so far! I know there must be more, paging Mr. Mueller and Mr. Weida

Looks like all we are going to get. We tried. Oh well more money to split. I'll be i a borrowed car most likely but will be there.

Jeremy Swank.

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by f500racer View Post
    Looks like all we are going to get. We tried. Oh well more money to split. I'll be i a borrowed car most likely but will be there.

Jeremy Swank.
    MC car or ?

I'm surprised nobody from Mitchell Racing (Jack/Jeremy/Russel/Don/etc) is showing up.
    The Texas crowd is under represented too (Joe/Chris/Glen/Mike)...

I kind of expected 20+ cars showing up considering the extra incentives and the fact that the Runoffs are in CA.

Does anyone know how much the chicane slows down lap times? Just curious what kind of times I will be shooting for (I've only ever driven the track without the chicane).

I will be there. Don may be there. There has been some car attrition in the camp.

The chicane is faster than it seems and adds maybe a 1.5 seconds.

Jeremy Swank

On a seperate note. I predict that my son Brians lap record on the long course that he set in 2007 will finally be broken. Lot of great cars and drivers.

The target is 1:30.873

Here: http://ovr-scca.org/mid-ohio-track-r...february-2017/
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by Jnovak View Post
    On a seperate note. I predict that my son Brians lap record on the long course that he set in 2007 will finally be broken. Lot of great cars and drivers.

The target is 1:30.873

Here: http://ovr-scca.org/mid-ohio-track-r...february-2017/
    Sorry, Jay, already happened.

https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net...pdf?1496771413

1:30.438

I think you're right though. It's likely to get broken again.

Thanks again to the F600 Challenge and Strategic Wealth Management/Jeremy Swank for encouraging people to show up for the event.

The weather turned out to be better than forecast (it was dry for every session), and Sunday was pretty decent conditions allowing people to get good lap times.

Clint set a 1:30.338 and it looks like the FF got a lap record too.

Default Great group of racers

I would also like to personally thank Jeremy Swank, Strategic Wealth management, Formula 600 challenge, and all their associated partners.

I had a blast at the F500 party, finally getting a chance to meet all the great people in this class.

One last BIG thank you to Jeff Blumenthal for helping me load up before the rain came Sunday!!!

-Eric

29. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default Photos

Does anyone know of any photographers that were there last weekend at Mid O?

Quote Originally Posted by skt View Post
    Sorry, Jay, already happened.

https://dk1xgl0d43mu1.cloudfront.net...pdf?1496771413

1:30.438

I think you're right though. It's likely to get broken again.
    Thanks Steve. I thought that you had broken it but the mid ohio records list did not show it.
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047

Thread Information