Thread: VIR Questions

Liked: 80

Default VIR Questions

Hi guys,

For those of you that have run VIR, any suggestions you're willing to share on Kawi gearing and/or approximate top speeds to be shooting for? If it saves me one session of not having the right sprockets on, any suggestions much appreciated...

Cheers,

-Jake

Liked: 52

I have only run a Suzuki at VIR, but around 145mph on the back straight in the Firman. Your mileage may vary. Are you running the Majors or NAF1000 race there?

Quote Originally Posted by JakeL View Post
    Hi guys,

For those of you that have run VIR, any suggestions you're willing to share on Kawi gearing and/or approximate top speeds to be shooting for? If it saves me one session of not having the right sprockets on, any suggestions much appreciated...

Cheers,

-Jake
    Tim Pierce - #81
    2018 JDR F-1000
    www.area81racing.com

Heya Tim,

Running the Majors in a few weeks. Thanks for the ballpark.

Cheers!

-Jake

Liked: 273

Jake
    How did VIR go for you?

Had seen your name on the results for Saturday but didn't see anything for Sunday.
    Gary Hickman
    Edge Engineering Inc
    FB #76

Heya Gary,

Thanks for checking in.

VIR went fine. I was clearly rusty as driver and crew (nearly ran the car out of gas 3 times), but I had some fun and started to get some "feel" back by the end of the race Saturday. It had been almost 4 years since I'd been in the car, and I was around 2 seconds off the pace Coop did last year when he won the races. Ouch.

We were last run group, the event was running way behind, and we had to get to Ottawa by Monday evening, so we made the call to skip Sunday and headed out.

Will do an event at Mont Tremblant and Mosport, and bring the car home at the end of the summer, should be fun to see those tracks first-hand.

-Jake

Liked: 352

Heya Gary,

Thanks for checking in.

VIR went fine. I was clearly rusty as driver and crew (nearly ran the car out of gas 3 times), but I had some fun and started to get some "feel" back by the end of the race Saturday. It had been almost 4 years since I'd been in the car, and I was around 2 seconds off the pace Coop did last year when he won the races. Ouch.

We were last run group, the event was running way behind, and we had to get to Ottawa by Monday evening, so we made the call to skip Sunday and headed out.

Will do an event at Mont Tremblant and Mosport, and bring the car home at the end of the summer, should be fun to see those tracks first-hand.

-Jake
    Enjoyed both of those tracks. I found Mt. Tremblant to be the most difficult track to learn. Try to line up some coaching. Mosport is a blast. If you like fast, balls tracks.
    Peter Olivola
    (polivola@gmail.com)

Liked: 138

Heya Gary,

Thanks for checking in.

-Jake
    And cmp right?

Doesn't look like I'll make Calabogie (CMP). Not enough time, too much $, had to choose 2 of the 3.

-J

Liked: 138

Doesn't look like I'll make Calabogie (CMP). Not enough time, too much $, had to choose 2 of the 3.

-J
    Evening race $250cdn so what $10 usd lol

Thread Information