Liked: 8

Default 50th FV Celebration for Al Ores

ATTENTION ALL VEE DRIVERS!!
    Arthur Motorsports is pleased to announce that we are going to be putting on a race in honour of the legendary Al Ores celebrating his 50th year of racing! We are joining up with the Vintage Racing Club of British Columbia (VRCBC www.vrcbc.ca) for their event, the BC Historic Motor Races (BCHMR www.bchmr.ca) on August 18-19, 2018 at Mission Raceway Park in Mission, BC Canada. There will be an open test day Friday, August 17 as well. This is an open invitation to ANY Formula Vee, modern or vintage, to come join us in celebration of such an amazing man who has had a very long and successful racing career! (He’s going to be 85 years old in May!!)

Every driver gets two tickets to the Saturday night dinner the VRCBC is hosting, and extra tickets will be available for purchase.

If you plan on attending, or are looking for more information, please feel free to contact Jennifer Arthur at arthursix@shaw.ca Check back for updates here or our Arthur Motorsports Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/arthurmotorsportsfv/
    Let’s make this an awesome event! Spread the word!
    Thank you,
    Jennifer Arthur (also Al’s favourite daughter)
    Arthur Motorsports

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

Hi Everyone,

We have tow money!! Thanks to CACC (the Confederation of Autosport Car Clubs), you will get $50.00 Canadian for every state that you tow through to get to Mission Raceway Park. This is going to be a great event to celebrate not only Al's 50th year of racing, but 50 years of racing a Formula Vee!! (41 of those years have been in the same car!)

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Don't forget to mark the date August 18 & 19! Let's make this a memorable event!

Thank you!
    Jennifer Arthur
    Arthur Motorsports
    arthursix@shaw.ca

4. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default Registration is OPEN

Registration is now open for the 50 years of racing celebration for Al Ores on August 18 and 19th!

https://www.motorsportreg.com/events...ay-park-015282

We have our own run group! We have tow money! All vees welcome! Spread the word!

Thanks!
    Jennifer Arthur
    Arthur Motorsports

Liked: 32

I plan to be there. I probably won't race, but it will be great to see you all, & of course - especially Al !!!

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 85

If I get gas in Sumas WA do I get tow money!!
    I have rented a Vee for this race, wouldn't miss it!

Quote Originally Posted by racingwife View Post
    Hi Everyone,

We have tow money!! Thanks to CACC (the Confederation of Autosport Car Clubs), you will get $50.00 Canadian for every state that you tow through to get to Mission Raceway Park. This is going to be a great event to celebrate not only Al's 50th year of racing, but 50 years of racing a Formula Vee!! (41 of those years have been in the same car!)

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me. Don't forget to mark the date August 18 & 19! Let's make this a memorable event!

Thank you!
    Jennifer Arthur
    Arthur Motorsports
    arthursix@shaw.ca

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 58

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Robinson View Post
    If I get gas in Sumas WA do I get tow money!!
    I have rented a Vee for this race, wouldn't miss it!
    I'm coming' too but you must all listen to my story AGAIN of Al changing my valve spring so I could run my first ever race Westwood 1982 We were putting the bodywork on after the 5 minutes and Al was scrambling into his car, nearly missing his race to help me.

11. The following 5 users liked this post:

Liked: 34

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Posner View Post
    I'm coming' too but you must all listen to my story AGAIN of Al changing my valve spring so I could run my first ever race Westwood 1982 We were putting the bodywork on after the 5 minutes and Al was scrambling into his car, nearly missing his race to help me.
    Everyone expects to hear all of your stories. Again.

13. The following 3 users liked this post:

Beat the drum down there Bob, it would be great to see a 20+ car field for Al's 50th!!
    I have a line on a Vee rental if someone is interested, nothing fancy but it should get you into Al's big race.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Posner View Post

Liked: 18

Default Keith!!!

Shoot me a text if you need a hand getting the Lazer ready
    Robbie Arthur FV #67

Thanks Robbie
    I'm taking a look at it next week; I'll talk to you at the track this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Robbie.Arthur View Post
    Shoot me a text if you need a hand getting the Lazer ready

Default Get those entries in & come join the fun

Its going to be a great event
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Al Ores race (2)-page-001.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	79722  

18. The following members LIKED this post:

I bought a Formula Vee to be in this historic race, looking forward to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by spudrace View Post
    Its going to be a great event

20. The following members LIKED this post:

What a fantastic celebration of Al Ores' 50 years of racing plus great racing in the all-FV group! There were 16 vees that put on a great show for the spectators and we'd like to thank everyone who came out to support Al, and all the volunteers, turn workers and safety team. We'd also like to thank our sponsors: the Vintage Racing Club of BC for allowing us to put this race on; NuTek Sign Creations for the beautiful t-shirts and trophies; CACC for tow money for our American friends; Driver's Edge Autosport for their donation of products; Andrew and Sheryl Mawdsley for donating wine; and Peter Vajda for supplying champagne for the toast to Al. Pictures and video of the weekend can be found on Arthur Motorsport's Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/arthurmotorsportsfv/ and pictures can also be found at martinsactionphotography.smugmug.com (thank you Brent Martin).

Race 1 Results: Robbie Arthur, Darren Grandbois, Bob Posner
    Race 2 Results: Darren Grandbois, Robbie Arthur, Bob Posner
    Race 3 Results: Darren Grandbois, Andrew Mawdsley, Renee Berrard
    Race 4 Results: Darren Grandbois, Bob Posner, Andrew Mawdsley

Al had some great battles, finished mid-pack in all the races and had a great time!

Jennifer Arthur
    Arthur Motorsports

Thread Information