Liked: 142

Default 2010 RFR F2000 - With Dyno Time Only Zetec

2010 RFR F2000 - With Strong Dyno Time Only Zetec

This car has been heavily updated. Probably the most updated RFR there is:

Custom Billet CNC uprights
    Suspension geometry modifications
    Chassis modifications for updated front geometry
    Steering rack relocated for better geometry
    Re-designed CNCed shift linkage and bracketry for shorter/smoother throw and driver comfort
    Updated diffuser (way better than original)
    Van Diemen DP08 rear aero package (gooseneck rear wing)
    Comprent Adjustable rear sway bars
    Updated inline water/water oil cooler

Freshly installed dyno time only blueprinted Quicksilver Zetec
    Fresh Penske triples with "Rolex" adjuster setup, built/maintained by ANZE suspension
    Sabelt Belts good until 2021 (only have one or two weekend on them since being installed)

3 sets of wheels, (rain wheels are basically brand new and have seen the track for precisely one one session)
    AIM data system (EVO3 I think?) with GPS and a bunch of sensors,

Extensive spares (two pallets of stuff): complete set of corners, pushrods, uprights, brake rotors, brackets, bearings, floor, steering rack, hardware, rod ends, wings, diffuser, shock cover, lower raised floor "V" thing, ect ect. all sorts of stuff!

Complete package $45k

Questions email / PM / call 516-697-8249

*I'm willing to entertain all reasonable offers. Would also be interested in partial trades for cars + cash. Ideally a club ford project + cash.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by HazelNut; 04.10.18 at 12:15 PM.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

2. The following 2 users liked this post:

Last edited by HazelNut; 03.26.18 at 11:31 AM.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

4. The following 4 users liked this post:

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 218

Beautiful. Good luck with sale.
    www.wrenchaholics.com

Rental, Coaching, and Data Analysis for Great Lakes Region

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by MotorCade View Post
    Beautiful. Good luck with sale.
    thank you!

Classifieds Super License marshall9's Avatar
    Liked: 501

Very nice. Good luck !
    Brilliant radiator placement. Why isn't everyone doing that?

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by marshall9 View Post
    Very nice. Good luck !
    Brilliant radiator placement. Why isn't everyone doing that?
    Thanks!

CNC uprights to correct suspension geometry

Liked: 254

Any chance you'd be willing to share why and how you modified the geometry? Simply curiosity on my part. To avoid cluttering your for sale ad feel free to PM me the response.

Moved inboard pickups down and outboards up! What exactly that did to the roll centers and crap is above my pay grade but the end result was a lot more roll (and feel) out of the front of the car. I thought it was night and day better. The only other car that has these mods was done at the same time as this one and was drive by Chris Livengood and he put up great results with it.

Liked: 3294

If I'm understanding you right, that lowered the front roll center and geometric roll stiffness, reducing understeer and also, as a result, increasing the front swaybar's % of effect on roll stiffness. Lowering the roll center has an effect similar to reducing friction, so grip is increased.
    Dave Weitzenhof

18. The following members LIKED this post:

like I said above my pay grade Dave! I wanted the car to have more front feel. Was a bit numb for my liking initially. We also took lead out of it. Lotta built in caster in factory bits. That allowed us to put a arms in a more normal
    position. Prior to that we had em cranked all crazy to reduce caster and it was maxed out to reduce it to where it was kinda ok.

This is a few years ago and like 3 race cars ago for me. So I'm a tad rusty on the exact specifics of what and why we did it. Good car, I just wanted to try different classes.

Liked: 296

Since I was key to this development and what I feel is a massive upgrade to the car id be willing to help answer questions. When I get to a PC tomorrow I can provide a more indepth explanation.
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

21. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Livengood View Post
    Since I was key to this development and what I feel is a massive upgrade to the car id be willing to help answer questions. When I get to a PC tomorrow I can provide a more indepth explanation.
    Chris guinea pigged this development and drove the test setup (on the other car that got developed at the same time) with rod ends in single sheer ???? #BigBrassBalls

He's of correct pay grade to answer technical questions. Also a much better driver than me. He could go win races in this car no prob.

Liked: 296

The big issues were lack of feel and feedback in the wheel, it was dead. The car also had a chronic understeer which was a result of digressive motion ratio and the front geometry that gains positive camber under heave/roll. The reduction of lead was achieved by moving the axle center back in line with the upright's axial center. Lead tends to generate a power steering effect, this is good for cars that generate higher levels of down-force, but in FC it just muddied steering feel which is especially important on the hardish radial tire. Then we moved the control arm attachments to get the geometry to work in a way that it gained negative camber and at the same we changed the rockers so that the front suspension rates are progressive. This also changed the roll centers as Dave mentioned. Combined with the longer wheel base suspension that was used on the FB cars and a few other bits the car really came alive. John Walko did all the design and number crunching, then him and I did the initial testing. The major breakthrough came when we got all these parts together and saw that things were finally showing potential at Watkins Glen. Noting that the car was still lacking feel at times we then made a major damper change for VIR, i think this was in 2012 or 2013. At VIR the car was top three but suffered an engine loom failure though I managed to limp the car to the finish inside the top ten despite a terrible engine misfire. After that, I handed the car off the Trent Walko, John's son, and he campaigned very successfully with it in this configuration. Brendan's car has basically all of the stuff discussed above. It should be very competitive. The chassis is rather stiff in my opinion and with the configuration described above it handles extremely well and seemed to make fantastic downforce.
    Chris Livengood, enjoying underpriced ferrous whizzy bits that I hacked out in my tool shed since 1999.

24. The following 4 users liked this post:

Liked: 3294

Interesting - thanks for the detailed explanation!
    Dave Weitzenhof

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Livengood View Post
    The big issues were lack of feel and feedback in the wheel, it was dead. The car also had a chronic understeer which was a result of digressive motion ratio and the front geometry that gains positive camber under heave/roll. The reduction of lead was achieved by moving the axle center back in line with the upright's axial center. Lead tends to generate a power steering effect, this is good for cars that generate higher levels of down-force, but in FC it just muddied steering feel which is especially important on the hardish radial tire. Then we moved the control arm attachments to get the geometry to work in a way that it gained negative camber and at the same we changed the rockers so that the front suspension rates are progressive. This also changed the roll centers as Dave mentioned. Combined with the longer wheel base suspension that was used on the FB cars and a few other bits the car really came alive. John Walko did all the design and number crunching, then him and I did the initial testing. The major breakthrough came when we got all these parts together and saw that things were finally showing potential at Watkins Glen. Noting that the car was still lacking feel at times we then made a major damper change for VIR, i think this was in 2012 or 2013. At VIR the car was top three but suffered an engine loom failure though I managed to limp the car to the finish inside the top ten despite a terrible engine misfire. After that, I handed the car off the Trent Walko, John's son, and he campaigned very successfully with it in this configuration. Brendan's car has basically all of the stuff discussed above. It should be very competitive. The chassis is rather stiff in my opinion and with the configuration described above it handles extremely well and seemed to make fantastic downforce.
    like I said, correct pay grade. You did great work Chris,

FYI whoever buys this car, Chris is also a great driver coach!

Liked: 254

Thanks for the info. Good luck with the sale.

28. The following members LIKED this post:

interested in hearing offers! If you're interested, call me and let's talk. I need to sell dormant equipment to acquire a new PM18!!!

bump

This car is sitting on a shelf, with a fresh engine, just waiting to be raced. I need to free up the space for new cars. Make Offers!

I'm also willing to run the buyer at some test days at NJMP when we're going there with some of the other cars.

Liked: 33

is this car still for sale?

Thanks
    Tom Hope
    Pacific F2000
    NASA NP01

Still available but have someone very interested and was planning on flying in to inspect then ship but no deposit on it yet.

Classifieds Super License Rick Iverson's Avatar
    Liked: 645

Quote Originally Posted by HazelNut View Post
    Updated diffuser (way better than original)
    Brendan, tell me more on the diffuser:

• Is it modified from a stock 2010 diffuser
    • Did you do the modifications
    • If not OEM, who built it
    • Do you have spares

V/r

Iverson

See below

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Iverson View Post
    Brendan, tell me more on the diffuser:

• Is it modified from a stock 2010 diffuser. - No totally different but mounts right up in place of oem
    • Did you do the modifications - not personally, but I had them made by a composite shop for me
    • If not OEM, who built it - friends composite shop
    • Do you have spares - none in hand, but we still have the moulds, PM if you’re interested in having one made

V/r

Iverson

car and all spares are sold

37. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 984

I hope we see the car on track soon! Congratulations to all!

39. The following members LIKED this post:

Its headed to west coast Canada

Thread Information