Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Contributing Member northarrowracing's Avatar
    Liked: 36

Default dash and wheel photos

The extra wheels for the rains are steel generic wheels in excellent condition. The tires themselves look new but I would no longer use them due to age.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default wheels and dash

Photos and text of dash and wheels were posted earlier today but now seem to have vanished. Will try again.

Classifieds Super License Messenger Racing's Avatar
    Liked: 160

Default Dash

I think on my previous citation there is not a bar at the bottom of the dash - is that true of your car. It helps us long legged guys get extra clearance by modifying the dash design.

Thanks,

JM
    RaceDog
    Messenger Racing
    Muleshoe, Texas USA

Default dash

That is correct, if you look close the dash is made out of plexiglass and although a little discolored you can see through it. One could cut a new piece of plexi with the gauges rearranged a little and take a inch or so off the bottom. The biggest way to increase ease of entry and exit however would come by moving the fire bottle to either of the side pods. I think that would be fairly easy and that would really open it up. As I am so small getting in and out isn't an issue for me.

Ric

Liked: 1403

I did not put a bar under the dash for safety reasons. The dashes were originally made from Lexan, 1/4 inch thick. The Lexan worked just fine to support the steering column and mount the instruments. That is until some used brake clean on the dash, then a new dash was in order. It is critical that all the edges on the dash were really smooth or the dash would start to crack.

The reason safety concern was so that a driver could bring his legs back to his chest if necessary. The dash was held in place with 3 well nuts and 1/4 inch screws. If your legs were forced back, the dash would pop out. Now you might have a big bruise but no broken bones.

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Default New Price

Bump for new lower price

Default Sale pending

Sale pending

9. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 186

Quote Originally Posted by northarrowracing View Post
    Sale pending

Just curious if the sale has gone through and if so, where it is headed. Beautiful car and if I did not already have a car, this one would tick all the right boxes for me.

Contributing Member
    Liked: 269

Quote Originally Posted by s800racer View Post
    Just curious if the sale has gone through and if so, where it is headed. Beautiful car and if I did not already have a car, this one would tick all the right boxes for me.
    Same here, I have a 2 bay shop with 3 cars. No room but it is a nice car

Liked: 115

Me three. I'd like to end up this thing in a Zink. I had a Z16 in '06 doing CF. Won a double SARRC with it at RRR. Jim Brookshire and his son James crewed for me - good luck charms both. Great handling cars. Especially the outboard rear versions.

Quote Originally Posted by BorkRacing View Post
    Same here, I have a 2 bay shop with 3 cars. No room but it is a nice car

Default Sold and gone north

Thanks Apex Speed and everyone who commented.

The car was delivered yesterday and I will leave it to the new owner to post details.

It does look like it's going vintage racing.

Ric

14. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 2

Default Congrats

Z16 kicking a&&@ at varac grand prix, just saying!!

Kudos to the new buyer.

Liked: 1403

This car is in my shop now.

I will be converting it back to outboard suspension. I am planning on building enough parts to do 2 cars. If anyone has an inboard suspension car and would like to convert it back to outboard, now is the time to place an order for the parts.

As I do this job, I will make drawings of all the necessary parts. I will offer plans for sale in the future for the DIYS types.

17. The following 3 users liked this post:

Contributing Member Garey Guzman's Avatar
    Liked: 858

Quote Originally Posted by S Lathrop View Post
    ... I am planning on building enough parts to do 2 cars. If anyone has an inboard suspension car and would like to convert it back to outboard, now is the time to place an order for the parts.

As I do this job, I will make drawings of all the necessary parts. I will offer plans for sale in the future for the DIYS types.
    I have a Z16 in boxes in my garage. I'll have to take a look at the rear pieces I have and see if I have anything missing as I would like to someday get this car back on the track!
    Last edited by Garey Guzman; 06.17.18 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Pictures show rear suspension clearly
    Garey Guzman
    FF #4 (Former Cal Club member, current Atlanta Region member)
    https://redroadracing.com/ (includes Zink and Citation Registry)
    https://www.thekentlives.com/ (includes information on the FF Kent engine, chassis and history)

Liked: 45

I bought the car from Ric and I have to say i'm very excited to own it. I'm even more excited to work with the legendary Steve Lathrop.
    It's an honor to do so.
    The car is indeed going vintage racing and there is a lot that needs to be done prior to it being on the track. Aside from the conversion, and I will sell spare inboard parts if anyone is interested in them btw, but aside from the conversion, the fit has to be adjusted because my shoulders are a lot wider than Ric's were.
    Anyway thanks Ric for a good transaction and Thanks to Steve For taking on this project.

20. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 1115

Quote Originally Posted by Jayeff View Post
    I bought the car from Ric and I have to say i'm very excited to own it.
    So cool that you're taking this on.

I hope your grin doesn't split your face too wide when you finally get out on the track..
    Caldwell D9B - Sold
    Crossle' 30/32/45 Mongrel - Sold
    RF94 Monoshock - here goes nothin'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information