Liked: 0

Default Purchased parts to start a build what is this?

I bought many parts to convert my formula Continental to F1000 only to have my builder completely flake on me. I am looking to sell what I have left and don't even know what this is, only that is cost me $2,500. Can someone fill me in.

Thanks.

Jason
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail.jpg 
Views:	945 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	77670  

Liked: 49

That's a (chain drive) differential. Doesn't look like any of the usual ones I've seen before from Quaife, Taylor or Williams.

Liked: 896

Quote Originally Posted by Unfortunately, I'm done. View Post
    I bought many parts to convert my formula Continental to F1000 only to have my builder completely flake on me. I am looking to sell what I have left and don't even know what this is, only that is cost me $2,500. Can someone fill me in.

Thanks.

Jason

nice part looks like it might be an open diff.. Might be the internal of a VW diff, bsse on the left side flange from this oicture. Can you check?
    Thanks ... Jay Novak
    313-445-4047
    On my 54th year as an SCCA member
    with a special thanks to every SCCA worker (NONE OF US WOULD RACE WITHOUT THE WORKERS)

Liked: 1868

It is one of my Variloc F1000 diffs. It can be either fully open or mildly limited slip, depending on the internals. This was the standard diff for the Citation FBs.

Who did you get this from? It may or may not have had a couple minor upgrades that make it easier to install and fill with oil.

Contributing Member Rick Kirchner's Avatar
    Liked: 1474

why not just race the FC?

6. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 0

Quote Originally Posted by R. Pare View Post
    It is one of my Variloc F1000 diffs. It can be either fully open or mildly limited slip, depending on the internals. This was the standard diff for the Citation FBs.

Who did you get this from? It may or may not have had a couple minor upgrades that make it easier to install and fill with oil.
    Thanks. I'm pretty sure I bought it somewhere out of Texas. It was at the suggestion of the guy who was doing my build.

Thread Information