Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked: 597

Example: Turn 5 Daytona. - second 'hairpin' or the 'west hairpin'
    Corner worker station is to the left of the track, very near the turn in point, maybe just beyond - Drivers coming out of the
    dogleg can easily see the flag station. Car has looped it halfway through the corner - corner goes waving yellow - drivers
    should easily see car spun on track too.
    Approaching Cars #1 and #2.....with #1 in front by a length and off to the left of the track 'on-line' ...Car #2 had begun taking a
    look to the right side of #1 coming out of the dogleg and holds that into the chute. Flag was waving as both cars exited
    dogleg. The only other place a yellow flag could have been displayed was at Turn 3 - the infamous 'horseshoe' - but the
    drivers were long past there when the yellow came out.
    Car #1 checks up towards the end of the chute [read: long before #1 gets to the perpendicular line] and #2 passes him in the chute [before perpendicular line] while both could have been expected to see a waving flag the whole time.

I work corners at times in the past.............. #2 would have been called in for passing under the yellow and a statement would have been written up..........unless the corner Captain would have said "Let it go."

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Everything I've read just reinforces for me that I like the system we're using here in Canada (well... ...BC; I can't actually speak for everywhere in Canada).

Any incident—on-track or off—gets a waving yellow, and the preceding station goes on standing, so you know that you can safely race up to the standing yellow flag, and all anyone loses is the freedom to race in one additional sector of the track.

It's the same with the white flag (which is only for slow vehicle on track up here). A standing white tells you the vehicle isn't in the next sector, but in the sector after that.

Radio call: "Turn two is on waving [implicitly "yellow"]" and turn one station knows to hang out a standing yellow.

First flag warns and provides a buffer, then the second flag indicates the actual incident.

No need for additional lights, lines on the track, radio scanners in all the cars.

Works for me.

4. The following 3 users liked this post:

Classifieds Super License Charles Warner's Avatar
    Liked: 413

And, they're called Loonies? If one wants to simply use flags and no other form of communication, this would seem to be the best system around.
    Charlie Warner
    fatto gatto racing

'Cause there's bugger-all down here on earth!

6. The following 2 users liked this post:

Contributing Member
    Liked: 470

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Warner View Post
    And, they're called Loonies? If one wants to simply use flags and no other form of communication, this would seem to be the best system around.
    Yup.

It creates a safe transition from where you can race freely, to where you must not be racing anymore.

8. The following 2 users liked this post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread Information