Liked: 0

Default March 82S-4 history search

Hello all

I could do with some good advice and help please.

I've owned March 82S-4 for the past 3 years. During this time I've been searching its pre-1995 history without success. I'm certain though that someone (hopefully on this Forum) will know something or at least steer me in the right direction. Here's what I know as potential clues.

1. In late 1994 / early 1995 the March was reported sold by Joe Nastasi (then Lamborghini East Coast distributor in New York) to Anthony Sylvander and Jason Late.

2. Joe Stimola was involved with race preparation for Anthony and Jason - as they were inexperienced competitors.

3. The current SCCA logbook and roll bar stamp is dated March 1995 - but I'm certain that there was another logbook with a different number issued prior. More on this in a moment.

4. Jason Late told me that the March was red with black "headlight" decals when they bought it. It may have even carried #90 at that time too. Attached is a photo of how it looked when Anthony Sylvander first raced it. Someone might recognize it.

5. However, there is another potential SCCA drilled hole (tubing thickness check) on an adjacent roll bar tube. Adjacent to that hole is a diagonal area where the chrome has been ground away. I think the ground area may have been where the original SCCA logbook stamp may have been. I'm not sure about this idea. Photo attached.

6. The remote on-board fire extinguisher release is mounted on the top left of the roll cage. This is different to many March S2000 cars I've seen. The letter "E" is painted on the bracket. Photo attached.

7. The front body panel has a decal impregnated underneath - Glashaus International in Norcross Georgia. Of course that company is long gone. I've attached a photo of the decal.

8. The chassis tag is genuine and the chassis is stamped 81SM-08 - which theoretically the right production number for the tag. The fuel cell is the original as produced in late 1980.

I would value any advice or leads as to where my search needs to go for the period 1982 - 1995. Presuming Jason Late's recollection is good, I hope that someone may recognize the March prior to their ownership - as there weren't many March S2000 cars in competition world-wide. I'm presuming my March raced exclusively in the USA but again I'm uncertain.

I can be contacted via: dyod302@gmail.com

Regards

David Stone
    Burradoo NSW Australia

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ASylvander1995.JPG 
Views:	639 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	76410   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82S-4 rollbar.jpg 
Views:	512 
Size:	72.0 KB 
ID:	76411   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chassis Tag - 82S-4.JPG 
Views:	566 
Size:	299.7 KB 
ID:	76412  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fire extinguisher bracket 82S-4.JPG 
Views:	524 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	76413   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Glashaus International - Norcross, Georgia.JPG 
Views:	563 
Size:	343.3 KB 
ID:	76414   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March production stamp - 81SM08.jpg 
Views:	539 
Size:	95.7 KB 
ID:	76415  

Thread Information