Liked: 38

For Sale For Sale: 2003 F2000 Mygale

I have decided to sell everything as a turn key operation for someone looking to get into racing and needs everything. The car ran Watkins Glen Fun One last fall and was one of the top cars in the field. The car was prepped for Lime rock for this year but that never happened. So in light of the current situation I am offering everything as a complete package for sale. It includes a well sorted Mygale F2000 car, all the spares, all the information pertaining to the setup for the car, plus trailer for $32,000. The car is ready to race right now. The setup is good for many of the North East tracks, Lime Rock, Palmer, Thompson, New Hampshire. 2003 MYGALE F2000 car. Imported by PR1 Motorsports and raced on the west coast . I have raced it on the east coast for the past few years. $35,000 takes everything.

HISTORY
    2014 car was taken down to bear frame , paint removed, put on flat plate , checked for cracks and repainted with Imron. New aluminum belly pan was installed. All the body work paint was removed, and body panels were repaired and repainted. Over 20 pounds of old paint were removed.

2016 car was taken down to the frame and all wishbones were inspected and adjusted. All rod ends were inspected and replaced as needed. Uprights and bearings were inspected and serviced , along with brakes and tripod joints.

1/2014 new Alcon brake calipers and brake pads

1/2014 new brake discs by Colman Brothers Racing , new bobbins and bolts.

2/2014 new steering rack , redesigned and better material and technology

2/2014 new AIM EVO4 data system installed with steering, brakes, and shock data . Car has a PECTEL ECU

2/2015 new fire system, new bottle and nozzles, Electric

4/2015 new Penske shocks, rebuilt 2/2016, new valving

5/2015 Quicksilver Zetec was rebuilt. To date 7 race weekends and 7 practice days +-

5/2015 new clutch, pressure plate, slave cylinder, and throw out bearing

8/2015 new stub axles front and rear by Two Dogg

8/2015 new fuel pump

9/2015 rebuilt LD 200 transmission with over $9500.00 in new parts and labor.

5/2017 new Tilton brake master cylinders

custom nose
    Radon front wing assembly
    custom side pod floors so any defuser on the market can be used on this car
    pennon defuser
    custom engine cover and side panels
    rear lower wing, Pennon
    rear upper wing VD
    also has a high down force rear upper wing VD
    3 full sets of OZ mag. wheels made for these cars only by OZ when the car was raced in the European series . No longer available
    I also have 2 of these OZ wheels for the front and 1 rear wheel.
    belts run out this year and need to be replaced

Car will be sold with one set of gears and one set of springs of your choice.

SPARES
    I have a complete main body purchased from PR1 Motorsports new.
    camber shims of all sizes
    1 new starter
    1 new solenoid
    1 new set of injectors
    1 new steering link
    2 new wheel bearing assemblies with new seals
    2 new upright steering link fittings
    1 new left side, side pod floor.

USED PARTS
    1 10 mm antiroll bar
    1 14 mm antiroll bar
    assorted antiroll bar blades and fittings
    1 steering link
    1 upright
    1 rear stub axle Mygale
    2 front stub axles Mygale
    Tripod joints and housings
    complete set of castings and fittings for rear suspension of car
    wheel nut parts
    assorted bell crank parts front and rear
    assorted special nuts, washers, bolts, fittings for Mygale
    1 Zetec, Mygale header
    1 radiator
    2 oil coolers
    2 clutch slave cylinders with throw out bearings
    clutch install tool
    extra water pipes
    Zetec coil and harness
    repairable LD 200 rear cover
    upper side pod body mounts
    Radon wing end plates
    wing skid plates
    assorted broken wishbones, steering links, push rods

Any bolt that could be changed from metric to an AN bolt or nut has been changed

Any threaded hole that was metric has been left metric.

SaveSave
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by H.L.Tallman; 06.13.20 at 8:11 AM.

2. The following 5 users liked this post:

For Sale 2003 Mygale

Bump

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

One word HT:
    Honda

As in, you talked to me a while back about converting to a Fit for FF, car would be fun and effective and you'd get to race with friends !

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Rand View Post
    One word HT:
    Honda

As in, you talked to me a while back about converting to a Fit for FF, car would be fun and effective and you'd get to race with friends !
    Mike you're right. I'm headed that way. A quick scan of all formula cars is disgusting. Cars that have been listed for a long time and those that haven't show little hope of them ever being sold. Cars with 2000 visits have 7 reply's. I have over 1200 and you and one other have relied and neither one of you wants to buy the car. The car has the best of everything and is a turn key racer you can jump into and race tomorrow. But all the formula cars are hurting. So I'm getting ready to just part it out. Some quick math tells me I can get what I want for it just in parts. I have a lot of Mygale parts they don't make anymore and have solved a lot of the parts problem by having them made here in the US. The Honda conversion is pretty popular for these cars. I know Bobby Oligil PR1 Motorsports has done a few on the west coast. When I run my ad for the parts I'll make my decision on weather or not to convert to the Fit or just keep going. This is a car that you can go right to the bear frame and still have something to sell. If I'm wrong I'll just park it like the other thousand formula cars.

Default Time to part out this car

Quote Originally Posted by H.L.Tallman View Post
    2003 MYGALE F2000 car. Imported by PR1 Motorsports and raced on the west coast . I have raced it on the east coast for the past few years. $35,000 takes everything.

HISTORY
    2014 car was taken down to bear frame , paint removed, put on flat plate , checked for cracks and repainted with Imron. New aluminum belly pan was installed. All the body work paint was removed, and body panels were repaired and repainted. Over 20 pounds of old paint were removed.

2016 car was taken down to the frame and all wishbones were inspected and adjusted. All rod ends were inspected and replaced as needed. Uprights and bearings were inspected and serviced , along with brakes and tripod joints.

2/2014 new AIM EVO4 data system installed with steering, brakes, and shock data . Car has a PECTEL ECU

5/2015 Quicksilver Zetec was rebuilt. To date 7 race weekends and 7 practice days +-

8/2015 new fuel pump

custom nose
    pennon defuser
    rear lower wing, Pennon
    rear upper wing VD
    3 full sets of OZ mag. wheels made for these cars only by OZ when the car was raced in the European series . No longer available

SPARES
    1 new starter
    1 new solenoid
    1 new set of injectors
    1 new steering link

USED PARTS
    1 10 mm antiroll bar
    1 14 mm antiroll bar
    1 steering link
    1 upright
    1 rear stub axle Mygale
    wheel nut parts
    1 Zetec, Mygale header
    1 radiator
    2 oil coolers
    clutch install tool
    extra water pipes
    Zetec coil and harness
    Radon wing end plates
    wing skid plates

Any bolt that could be changed from metric to an AN bolt or nut has been changed

SaveSave
    To start this process I am offering my Zetec complete air cleaner to oil pump, header, Pectel ECU, new clutch pressure plate and Mygale wiring harness for $10,000.00 plus shipping. Details on the motor are in the ad above.

Liked: 179

Just curious as to why you want to get out of FC and into FF. Are the car counts low in FC where you are? I mean it seems to be a lot of effort and money to convert a solid and already running FC into a FF.

I actually considered what you are planning to do and after checking I know in the Mid West the car counts for FF and FC are pretty close to the same, so competition would be a wash.

As I mentioned above just curious.

Brian

Liked: 324

Also, look into the design of your car with regard to width and height of side pods to ensure this won't be a problem in doing a FF conversion. ProblemChild has a thread going on about a rule change that your car could possibly be affected by.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianT1 View Post
    Just curious as to why you want to get out of FC and into FF. Are the car counts low in FC where you are? I mean it seems to be a lot of effort and money to convert a solid and already running FC into a FF.

I actually considered what you are planning to do and after checking I know in the Mid West the car counts for FF and FC are pretty close to the same, so competition would be a wash.

As I mentioned above just curious.

Brian

Brian,
    The count is awful in the northeast. If there are 2 or 3 cars at any event that is normal. On the other hand The Right Coast FF group has between 20 to 30 FF cars show up at there FF events. Single class run group. Cost is less and just more fun. Look at CODA . 3 out of 4 of the FC cars entered were from the northeast. One was the owner of the FRP series, one runs just FRP and the third just started back into FC and out of Florida. I'm just getting started selling the Zetec. If i'm not running FC there a lot of parts I don't need anymore.
    HT

10. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by CGOffroad View Post
    Also, look into the design of your car with regard to width and height of side pods to ensure this won't be a problem in doing a FF conversion. ProblemChild has a thread going on about a rule change that your car could possibly be affected by.

Oh I know all about it. I keep up on Greg's posts. Bobby Origil, PR1 Motorsports has converted a few of these FC Mygales to Fit cars. He has all the wizzzy bits and pieces to do it. The side pods I don't think they have a problem with the stock FC ones.
    FC

Default Time to part out this car

I noted in my previous posts that I am going to part out the car. The Zetec and everything that goes with the engine is for sale. When the engine is sold I will post more parts for sale.

Liked: 984

Quote Originally Posted by CGOffroad View Post
    This is a beautiful car!

The GCR maximum body width behind the front wheels is 95cm. This car, being legal in FC, should likewise be legal in FF. The rule change should not have any impact on this car. Double check the width of the body at the widest point aft the front wheels; if it is 95cm or less you are golden. Bobby Oergel is a tremendous resource and a really stand up individual as are all of the guys at his shop. This will make a whale of a car for someone in FC or FF trim. In Bobby's hands at Sonoma this a potential 2018 Runoffs winner.

Good luck with the sale - hate to see it leave the series.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John LaRue View Post
    This is a beautiful car!

The GCR maximum body width behind the front wheels is 95cm. This car, being legal in FC, should likewise be legal in FF. The rule change should not have any impact on this car. Double check the width of the body at the widest point aft the front wheels; if it is 95cm or less you are golden. Bobby Oergel is a tremendous resource and a really stand up individual as are all of the guys at his shop. This will make a whale of a car for someone in FC or FF trim. In Bobby's hands at Sonoma this a potential 2018 Runoffs winner.

Good luck with the sale - hate to see it leave the series.

John

Thanks John. As long as it is in one piece I'll still try to go racing. Bob beats on me now and then and I cry uncle like I did last year going to Mid Ohio. First time I was ever there. What an experience. Wouldn't mind going back there and try to redeem myself. FC or FF still a driving experience . It was the only race I did last year.

15. The following members LIKED this post:

Default 2003 Mygale still in one piece

Quote Originally Posted by h.l.tallman View Post
    thanks john. As long as it is in one piece i'll still try to go racing. Bob beats on me now and then and i cry uncle like i did last year going to mid ohio. First time i was ever there. What an experience. Wouldn't mind going back there and try to redeem myself. Fc or ff still a driving experience . It was the only race i did last year.
    bump

Default 2003 F2000 Mygale

bump
    Spring of 2018 I bought a new set of tires, put the car on the scales, gear change and was ready to start the season. Checked registration for the first race of the season. Not one FC car entered. Car never left the sands all year. Still has brand new tires on it. Add to list. Still a very good car for someone. Turn key ready to race.

Classifieds Super License BeerBudgetRacing's Avatar
    Liked: 1262

Spring of 2018 I bought a new set of tires, put the car on the scales, gear change and was ready to start the season. Checked registration for the first race of the season. Not one FC car entered. Car never left the sands all year. Still has brand new tires on it. Add to list. Still a very good car for someone. Turn key ready to race.
    Sign up and go race. Probably others out there just like you waiting for someone else to signup first.
    Maybe you run a couple races by yourself before others take notice. The car needs to run anyway.

Waiting for someone else isn't going to work.

For Sale 2003 Mygale still for sale.

2003 MYGALE F2000 car. Imported by PR1 Motorsports and raced on the west coast . I have raced it on the east coast for the past few years. $35,000 takes everything.

HISTORY

8/2015 new fuel pump

custom nose
    pennon defuser
    rear lower wing, Pennon
    rear upper wing VD

SPARES
    1 new starter
    1 new solenoid
    1 new set of injectors
    1 new steering link

USED PARTS
    1 10 mm antiroll bar
    1 14 mm antiroll bar
    1 steering link
    1 upright
    1 rear stub axle Mygale
    wheel nut parts
    1 Zetec, Mygale header
    1 radiator
    2 oil coolers
    clutch install tool
    extra water pipes
    Zetec coil and harness
    Radon wing end plates
    wing skid plates

SaveSave
    This car was completely gone through 2 years ago and hasn't turned a wheel since. Sits in a heated and airconditioned shop waiting to go racing. Planning on doing the practice day at LRP on April 17th. Don't know what will happen after that. Price is still $35,000. Come see this car.

Default Mygale F2000 still for sale

HISTORY

8/2015 new fuel pump

custom nose
    pennon defuser
    rear lower wing, Pennon
    rear upper wing VD

SPARES
    1 new starter
    1 new solenoid
    1 new set of injectors
    1 new steering link

USED PARTS
    1 10 mm antiroll bar
    1 14 mm antiroll bar
    1 steering link
    1 upright
    1 rear stub axle Mygale
    wheel nut parts
    1 Zetec, Mygale header
    1 radiator
    2 oil coolers
    clutch install tool
    extra water pipes
    Zetec coil and harness
    Radon wing end plates
    wing skid plates

SaveSave
    Took the car to Lime Rock Park for the practice day on the 23rd. The car ran well , the setup changes we made,made the car better. For the first time on track in 2 years it was a very good outing. Ran 3 sessions, around 25 laps total and managed to run over half those laps in the 52s. Best lap was a 52.00. Confident that this setup will do much better. I'll try to do the practice day at Palmer on the 3rd. No other cars racing in the class so I am not going to spend a lot of money to race myself. Will probably run NHMS if anyone signs up to race. If you want to see the car , contact me and we can arrange something.

Liked: 39

Default : For Sale: 2003 F2000 Mygale - Bump for Seller

Mike you're right. I'm headed that way. A quick scan of all formula cars is disgusting. Cars that have been listed for a long time and those that haven't show little hope of them ever being sold. Cars with 2000 visits have 7 reply's. I have over 1200 and you and one other have relied and neither one of you wants to buy the car. The car has the best of everything and is a turn key racer you can jump into and race tomorrow. But all the formula cars are hurting. So I'm getting ready to just part it out. Some quick math tells me I can get what I want for it just in parts. I have a lot of Mygale parts they don't make anymore and have solved a lot of the parts problem by having them made here in the US. The Honda conversion is pretty popular for these cars. I know Bobby Oligil PR1 Motorsports has done a few on the west coast. When I run my ad for the parts I'll make my decision on weather or not to convert to the Fit or just keep going. This is a car that you can go right to the bear frame and still have something to sell. If I'm wrong I'll just park it like the other thousand formula cars.
    If Mr. Hallman is right about formula cars just sitting and never selling (Which he may very well be.) then here is my plea for any one with a mid 1985 or newer Citation Formula Continental that they would like to sell to contact me. Below are two links to Citations posted in the FC for sales that are beautiful examples neither which are available now. :
    https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...87-93-Citation & https://www.apexspeed.com/forums/sho...535#post452535

But they are good examples of the car I'm looking for.

Good Luck with the Mygale sale or the ;-( (sad) parting out.

Default 2003 Mygale still for sale

Well I couldn't do it. I was going to part the car out but just couldn't bring myself to start taking it apart. The car will be at Watkins Glen this weekend for the Fun One . I will be doing the practice day and the 2 races on the weekend. Shold be fun. Weather is going to be great. If interested in seeing the car I'll see you there.

23. The following members LIKED this post:

Default Still For sale

Well I couldn't do it. I was going to part the car out but just couldn't bring myself to start taking it apart. The car will be at Watkins Glen this weekend for the Fun One . I will be doing the practice day and the 2 races on the weekend. Shold be fun. Weather is going to be great. If interested in seeing the car I'll see you there.

Great weekend at Watkins Glen with great results. For more inforamtion or videos contatc me.
    HT

For Sale 2003 Mygale for sale

Reduced price on my 2003 mygale . This car is ready to race. Shocks jst came back from Penske with a clean bill of health. Car comes with 2 sets of wheels , 2 sets of gears. $29,000 . Come look and see what is offered.

For Sale Turn Key race car operation.

I have decided to sell everything as a turn key operation for someone looking to get into racing and needs everything. The car ran Watkins Glen Fun One last fall and was one of the top cars in the field. The car was prepped for Lime rock for this year but that never happened. So in light of the current situation I am offering everything as a complete package for sale. It includes a well sorted Mygale F2000 car, all the spares, all the information pertaining to the setup for the car, plus trailer for $32,000. The car is ready to race right now. The setup is good for many of the North East tracks, Lime Rock, Palmer, Thompson, New Hampshire. 2003 MYGALE F2000 car. Imported by PR1 Motorsports and raced on the west coast . I have raced it on the east coast for the past few years. $35,000 takes everything.

HISTORY

8/2015 new fuel pump

custom nose
    pennon defuser
    rear lower wing, Pennon
    rear upper wing VD

SPARES
    1 new starter
    1 new solenoid
    1 new set of injectors
    1 new steering link

USED PARTS
    1 10 mm antiroll bar
    1 14 mm antiroll bar
    1 steering link
    1 upright
    1 rear stub axle Mygale
    wheel nut parts
    1 Zetec, Mygale header
    1 radiator
    2 oil coolers
    clutch install tool
    extra water pipes
    Zetec coil and harness
    Radon wing end plates
    wing skid plates

SaveSave
    Trailer photos available on request.

27. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3

Default Is this package still available?

Hello, I know this was a while back but just seeing it now... is this total package3 still available?

thanks you,
    Perry

HISTORY

8/2015 new fuel pump

custom nose
    pennon defuser
    rear lower wing, Pennon
    rear upper wing VD

SPARES
    1 new starter
    1 new solenoid
    1 new set of injectors
    1 new steering link

USED PARTS
    1 10 mm antiroll bar
    1 14 mm antiroll bar
    1 steering link
    1 upright
    1 rear stub axle Mygale
    wheel nut parts
    1 Zetec, Mygale header
    1 radiator
    2 oil coolers
    clutch install tool
    extra water pipes
    Zetec coil and harness
    Radon wing end plates
    wing skid plates

SaveSave

Default 2003 Mygale

Perry sorry but the car was sold last fall. Delivered to the new owner in St. Lewis.
    Hilton Tallman

Liked: 3

Perry sorry but the car was sold last fall. Delivered to the new owner in St. Lewis.
    Hilton Tallman
    Good for you Hilton! And the thanks for the quick reply.

All the best!
    Perry

Thread Information