Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked: 830

Quote Originally Posted by dc View Post
    Is Marshall still MIA? Anyone know what happened to him?
    He is MIA as far as I'm concerned. Have sent emails, left messages for a week and ZERO RESPONSE. One of the phone numbers on the website is "no longer in service" and the other one allows you to "leave a msg" for Marshall.. but NO RESPONSE of any kind.
    I have no idea what happened to him other than the comments in this thread.
    Steve, FV80
    Racing since '73 - FV since '77

Anyone know what the difference is between the Lite version of TM and the full licensed version? I can get my copy to run in Lite, but don't have a data file to look at, so can't tell much. Sure would like to get a file or 2 to play with before I get to the track with my car.
    Steve, FV80

Liked: 30

I can send you a .CAR file baseline, do you have the dongle for the full version?

Liked: 68

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    He is MIA as far as I'm concerned. Have sent emails, left messages for a week and ZERO RESPONSE. One of the phone numbers on the website is "no longer in service" and the other one allows you to "leave a msg" for Marshall.. but NO RESPONSE of any kind.
    I have no idea what happened to him other than the comments in this thread.
    Steve -

I'm sorry, but I have received no e-mails from you on any of my accounts, nor do I see where the automated system received a request. I have no idea why this is the case, but I will absolutely get you a key issued if we can get the information into the licensing system. There was one voice mail from yesterday which I will respond to here.

Please use this e-mail address: TMRegister@competitiondata.com

Send in the registration ID and the System ID on the front of the CD (or the side of the SSI) and you will get a return e-mail with the Key Code in about 24 hours. Be careful not to conflate "1" and "I" or "O" and "0'" in doing so - if in doubt, send a screen shot and I can override it manually.

Be aware that I am processing these either after midnight or before 5:00 AM, so I need complete information sent to the correct e-mail address to be able to get your key processed and returned to you.
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Mauney View Post
    Steve -

I'm sorry, but I have received no e-mails from you on any of my accounts, nor do I see where the automated system received a request. I have no idea why this is the case, but I will absolutely get you a key issued if we can get the information into the licensing system. There was one voice mail from yesterday which I will respond to here.

Please use this e-mail address: TMRegister@competitiondata.com....
    Marshall,
    I have sent the requested info via email. I suspect the reason you saw 'no emails' from me was that I didn't send it from my normal email account at WedgeRacing.com. I noticed my error RIGHT AFTER I sent it, but didn't think it would matter. At any rate, this time you should have the info from the correct account.

Good to hear that you are still around.
    Steve
    Steve, FV80

Quote Originally Posted by Joules5 View Post
    I can send you a .CAR file baseline, do you have the dongle for the full version?
    NO.. the version that I have (TM 6.0) doesn't require a dongle.. just the license key (as far as I know). Hopefully, I'll get a key from Marshall soon. Since I haven't been able to run the program, I don't have a clue what a .car file is, but it might be useful. Anything is better than nothing .. I think
    Steve@WedgeRacing.com
    Steve, FV80

Liked: 91

Quote Originally Posted by Joules5 View Post
    Hmm.. What version uses/requires a dongle?

Liked: 139

I think it's more age than version for dongle. I have 6.6 and have dongle. CDS link 6.62, command link 5.4 and track master 5.4 standard not full version.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Davis View Post
    Marshall,
    I have sent the requested info via email. I suspect the reason you saw 'no emails' from me was that I didn't send it from my normal email account at WedgeRacing.com. I noticed my error RIGHT AFTER I sent it, but didn't think it would matter. At any rate, this time you should have the info from the correct account.

Good to hear that you are still around.
    Steve
    The system got your e-mail, and it says it sent out the key very early yesterday morning. Post back if you didn't receive it and I can send by other means.

MM
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRizzo View Post
    Hmm.. What version uses/requires a dongle?
    I believe that the dongle went away and was replaced by the software key code sometime about 10 years ago, maybe a bit less.

CDSLink should work no matter what, as it does not require a key or dongle; TrackMaster has a 30-day trial period, then requires a key or dongle, depending on when the original CD release was built.

A license was included with each system, and those licenses are tracked by the serial number of the system, which is the same as the SSI serial number, and is also printed or written on the software CD that came with the system.
    Marshall Mauney

Milwaukee Region

Quote Originally Posted by Marshall Mauney View Post
    The system got your e-mail, and it says it sent out the key very early yesterday morning. Post back if you didn't receive it and I can send by other means.

MM
    Marshall,
    Thanks - yes, I received it and entered it and the program is now working. I have received a couple of data files from others on this forum and have been trying to figure out what is what and where it is and how to get what I want on the screen where I want it .
    Next step will be to create and download my own file and get it loaded in. A LOT to learn about this software and how it works as compared to my AIM system. Alternating between LOOKING and FIGURING and READING the manual(s).
    Steve
    Steve, FV80

12. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 3

Default Maybe CDS is reaaly done now

I am trying to set up a new computer for my guy.
    He has 4 cars with CDS
    It looks like the email address tmregister@competitiondata.com is no longer valid and the domain name is for sale.
    I do not get a response from the contact address in the cdsracingdata.com either
    has anyone had any news from them?
    Chris

Chris,
    I think at this point that we can assume that Marshall has given up and there is no longer ANY support available for the CDS system. However, mine still works just fine and it beats the heck out of having to buy a complete new system (after all.. THIS one cost over $5k new).

Do you have the software 'key codes' for the system? I'm using mine on Win7.. not sure if it will work on anything newer than that.

Steve, FV80
    Steve, FV80

Contributing Member
    Liked: 89

One thing you can do if you have an operating system with a timed license, is make sure the computer internal date/clock never goes past the due date. That means, among other things, that it cannot, ever, connect to the internet and update the time. I would remove the battery that keeps the internal date clock running, or reset it to its earliest available date.

Or try and find the usb key version of trackmaster. The usb keys are out there.....

Liked: 3

Default CDS Software

Thanks for the responses.
    My problem is not with the software timing out or anything.
    It is rather the hardware on the laptop we use.
    The battery is nearly dead it will barely run 20 minutes off the charger.
    The hard drive, maybe fan makes a nasty noise.
    the laptop has been dropped and rattled around for at least 8 years.

We installed the software using Compatibility Settings for XP service pack 3 and it all works fine.
    we are trying to be prepared for the day this thing dies, and need the Key to get it working.

Marshall has been kind enough to contact me and is trying to help with a key.
    he has to try to get the old "antique" computer that issues the Keys up and running, but it is not hopeful.
    We have to remember that this system and software dates back to the 90's.
    In the computing world it is a dinosaur, Microsoft wont support the code, making it nearly impossible to update.

Unfortunately Marshall bought into a pretty good product at exactly the wrong time and got hung out to dry by big technology advances from other companies.

Truthfully I am just postponing the inevitable result, it is really pretty amazing the hardware keeps going in the racecar environment.

Chris

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information