Thread: 2018 PAX is out

Liked: 310

Default 2018 PAX is out

http://solotime.info/pax/rtp2018.html

CM is down to .890 from .901.

FM is down to .904 from .916.

2. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 2

It is an interesting change. While CM changed -0.011, ALL classes (less AM & BM) have a reduced PAX indices. The average PAX change was -0.008. So, while CM has a more favorable index rating vs. 2017, on average, it is only -0.003 better than the mean change.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Pax graph.JPG 
Views:	502 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	75155  

Liked: 238

Sigh .... I run in B Mod.
    Jim

I wish I understood everything I know.

Liked: 0

Sorry for contributing to that, BMod. I'm going back to FMod.
    W. Lahee
    1990 Prince SR-5

I believe this occurred due to Tom Ellam's speed Will.

Quote Originally Posted by ricky bobby View Post
    Sorry for contributing to that, BMod. I'm going back to FMod.
    Jim

7. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 0

I'm fairly certain Rick doesn't use a single data point to determine the index for an entire class.
    Yes, Tom was insanely quick at Nationals (and likely every other event he was entered in 2017), none of us could put up too much of a challenge... a big factor I agree, but not likely the only one.

You indexed well at the Devens tour. I did okay at Toledo and Spring Nats (my first real event in the car). Matt Ellam and Steve Goldine did well on index at Crow's (Matt was #1).
    W. Lahee
    1990 Prince SR-5

You're right, not just the Nats data point was used. My time at Devens was not outstanding. Just decent. I don't know your time at your Tour.

But if Tom hadn't been at Nats this year, it is very doubtful that BMod's factor would now be so difficult for the class compared to how every other class but AM got easier.
    Jim

Liked: 310

The last time I asked Rick, he was using over 1,000 events to computed the PAX. Nats doesn't carry much more weight than any other event.

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
    The last time I asked Rick, he was using over 1,000 events to computed the PAX. Nats doesn't carry much more weight than any other event.
    Tom Ellam ran a lot of events last year. So his domination was evident in many data points.

I don't think Rick looked at MY times at the 15 or so events I ran and think, "well, Jim only finished on average around 12th to 20th and sometimes much lower on pax in most of the events he ran thus I'm going to give BMod an easier factor".

It's what the fastest car/driver combo in a class can attain.
    Jim

Liked: 80

Taking Data points from a 1000 local events make no difference to me.

I look at this way coming from my point of view, at the beginning of the year I'm working on my car to make it better for the up coming National's, How many of you have had your shocks rebuild, taken weight out of a car, re-corner weight you car for the first time all year, new engine, Driver having a good year and so on and so on. Me Me ME! every year I do something to make my car faster? like what went wrong at the National's in Lincoln, Carb, burnt points. So some way or another I usually finish 2nd and more then a sec. behind one of my major competitors at our National Tour in Crow's landing because I've tried something new or trying something completely different, so what I'm trying to do is build my speed for the National's in Lincoln and it works out very well.

So Pax is fun way to look at the STX drivers for instance and say "I'm coming for you"( have to beat them by 5.5 sec.) and drive to see how close I can get them (motivation) to drive fast with no one in my class right now is hard because there's no one to shoot for, look at it for what it is to me a gauge, The STX drivers are still beating me but this year by only .700 but they could be on a whole different setup, not putting a lot into this.

Ben

13. The following members LIKED this post:

Thread Information