Liked: 280

Default Right Coast Formula F Series News Flash - Hoosier & ARRC

Hi,

The Right Coast Formula F Series (RCFFS) announces that:

• Hoosier Racing Tire will be joining the Right Coast Series in 2018 as one of our corporate partners.
    • The Atlanta Region of the SCCA has invited the Right Coast Series to return to the ARRC in 2018.
    • The Atlanta Region has confirmed that they will partner with Right Coast to present the 50th Anniversary of Formula F in the United States in 2019.

The recently completed American Road Race of Champions (ARRC) weekend was very successful for the Right Coast Series off the track as well as on. Between the Saturday and Saturday races; Mike Rand, Mike Eakin (the famous/infamous Purple Frog), and I had a couple of meetings that bode well for the future of the Right Coast Series.

On Saturday afternoon, we met with Bruce Foss and John Miller of Hoosier Racing Tire. The kind folks at Hoosier have been watching you, the drivers of Right Coast, coming out and supporting our races. This has given them confidence that open wheel at the club level is coming back. They are so pleased with what they are seeing, that Hoosier Racing Tire let us know that they will be supporting the Right Coast Formula F Series in 2018. The details and level of support will be worked out in the coming weeks, but we have been assured that we will have tires to give away to our drivers at each race next season. I am completely blown away by this development. Hoosier is a great company and they want to help; thanks to all of you for showing up to race with us. This is huge and simply amazing!

On Sunday morning, we met with Rick Mitchell (the current RE of the Atlanta Region), Bob Hudson (the incoming RE of the Atlanta Region), AJ Schram (the Assistant RE) and Clark McInnis (Atlanta Region Board Member) regarding Right Coast participation at the ARRC. The kind gentlemen from the Atlanta Region let us know that they were thrilled with the level of support that you, our drivers, demonstrated by coming to race. They were so pleased that they asked if we would return to the 2018 ARRC. We agreed to include the 2018 ARRC on the Right Coast schedule. So, please block off the first weekend of November 2018 on your race calendars for this thrilling event.

Additionally, we discussed the 50th Anniversary of Formula F (Formula Ford) in the United States. Again, based upon our participation at the 2017 ARRC; the regional executives have confirmed that the Atlanta Region is going to partner with the Right Coast Series to present the 50th at Road Atlanta as part of the 2019 American Road Race of Champions. So, as we have been reporting, this is now a confirmed event, not a rumor. We have already begun the planning process and have an extensive milestone and action item list at this very early point in time.

These amazing things have only happened because all of you have chosen to come out and race with us.

So, thank you all very, very much!

Joe Marcinski

2. The following 6 users liked this post:

Liked: 127

Excellent news!

Is it time to go racing yet?
    Will Velkoff
    Van Diemen RF00 / Honda FF

4. The following members LIKED this post:

Liked: 78

I am starting to get some serious racing fever with the new car. I cant wait for the 1st Right Coast race in June at NJMP! Looking forward to some seat time.

Classifieds Super License
    Liked: 492

Derek,
    I can't wait till June either so am heading to Summit for a MARRS weekend April 14-15.
    So, me, Joe of course, Chuck, YOU, Al, Mike K, Shayne ?, maybe Bill Maisey if the forecast is good and who knows who else will dare the mid April weather a the freshly repaved Summit ?
    That is as long as I can get my trailer out of the snowbank it has nestled in calmly awaiting race season.....
    See everyone in just on three weeks !
    Can't wait ? Me either......
    Mike

7. The following members LIKED this post:

The Summit race was on my list some home field advantage... I just have allot to do to the car, currently in a few pieces. If I can get it back together in time I will run the car. If not you will see me at NJ and the rest of the Right Coast events. Shayne has been coming over allot helping.

9. The following 2 users liked this post:

Liked: 74

Default Luck......

For the past 2 years, I've had some really... really ****ty luck....

I don't want to completely jinx this, but things are really starting to look up...

CAN'T WAIT!!!

11. The following members LIKED this post:

Mike, Sha
    Last edited by Derek Holmes; 03.24.18 at 10:58 PM.

Thread Information