Liked: 26

Default REGISTRY OF PFMs

To all that cruise this forum, I am asking that you PLEASE reach out to me with the chassis number of the car(s) that you own. IN support of FCC and FRP, I would like to add a registry to my soon to be redesigned website (www.formulasupervee.com) that currently is the registry for Formula Super Vee.

The reason for this is that I DON'T want to see these car fall victim to the same fate that the Formula Super Vee (both air and water cooled). I currently own and infrequently race my A/C FSV because there really is no vintage class for them. Further, up here in the mid-Atlantic/Northeast region of the US.

At this time, I own Elan chassis 05576 and have another tub in a box that has no chassis # on it because it was sent to Honda in Japan for development of a Honda power unit that would fit to the tub. This of course went nowhere and now I have a new tub that could be built. Additionally, I have changed direction on selling my car and have acquired 2 more cars with comprehensive spares package and will be in possession of those cars 2 days after Thanksgiving.

The Pelfrey cars - all 4 - went to Arms Up Racing, Machiko's car was purchased by his father, Telo at FCC, no clue how many he has and is aware, Horak at Star Race Cars has the one he has raced but undoubtedly knows where more of them are. PLEASE if you would, send me the following:

Chassis/Tub #
    Owner name
    Geographic location (doesn't need to be your home address, but where does the car live)
    email address

While in the process of needing to spend about $2K on the FSV site, I can get some efficiency's if I build the PFM site along with it.

Thanks in advance for your willingness to let me know where these VERY cool cars are, let's keep them on the track in their own class.

Best,
    Ben

Liked: 530

Chassis/Tub # 04-053
    Location Tampa Bay, FL

I own it. Car has never been part of the pro series. Was originally bought by Greg Byrne, doctor in TX. His friend also bought one, and the pair of them had memberships at Texas Motorsports Ranch.

It was sold to Maris Kazia, he had it a year or two, then sold it to me. It’s been a track day only car its whole life.

Default 127 readers.....only 2 responses

Mike -

THANK YOU for the history and information. If I did not make you aware, my goal here is NOT to create some form of marketing tool to pedal parts, its to catalog what remains and where the cars live.

To all else - 127 readers, and only 2 responses. I will continue to ask in earnest, please if you would be so kind - reach out to me and let me know so we can create a community and with hope get some form of series together to keep these cars racing.

Thank you all for your consideration.

Liked: 142

per the schedule announcement last month the previous generation cars can run in the pro series

"In Pro Mazda, the National Class will be replaced by the Pro Mazda Classic (PMC) Series – a six-weekend, 12-race championship within the Pro Mazda Championship utilizing the older Pro Mazda rotary-powered cars from 2002 to 2017. The series will see a separate points chart, prize money and year-end awards."

https://www.promazda.com/news/mazda-...dule-announced

Those with cars just need to show up and put up some numbers! We've had a hell of a lot of fun running with indycar over the past 2 seasons. Anyone who's interested in doing this PM me and I'll happily give you the run down and details from my experience.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Correction. I got confirmation this morning that "PFM Classic" isn't going to happen.
    Awww, come on guys, it's so simple. Maybe you need a refresher course. Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays.

Liked: 146

Damn, that blows. They must've calculated that they have enough new cars sold and testing that they don't need the old cars to make a good green flag photo. Probably about...14.
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

7. The following members LIKED this post:

Quote Originally Posted by dalz View Post
    Damn, that blows. They must've calculated that they have enough new cars sold and testing that they don't need the old cars to make a good green flag photo. Probably about...14.
    honestly I think it's fine. probably better chance of all the old pro cars coming out into amateur land. maybe we can get a FCC on the east coast and the cars could be competitive and have fun with each other. SCCA has them in FA and they don't compete well against Swift 014 or 016.

one thing for sure, all the PFMs belong out on track! they are just stupid fun for the money and relatively easy to drive (for anybody with a reasonable level of maturity and experience.)

the new car is legitimately much faster than the old car, so far 3-5 seconds (depending on the track) under tracks record with the old car. So there was a reasonable concern.

I went and looked at the new car and went to a multi team test at Barber. I like it and am considering one, but not for this year.

Default FRP is running an east coast version of FCC!

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    honestly I think it's fine. probably better chance of all the old pro cars coming out into amateur land. maybe we can get a FCC on the east coast and the cars could be competitive and have fun with each other. SCCA has them in FA and they don't compete well against Swift 014 or 016.

one thing for sure, all the PFMs belong out on track! they are just stupid fun for the money and relatively easy to drive (for anybody with a reasonable level of maturity and experience.)

Mikey -

THERE IS AN EAST COAST SERIES FOR PFM! Check out the attached link:

http://www.atlanticchampionshipserie...a-entries.html

I have 3 PFM's on the floor in the shop (the ex-AIM Motorsports car and the 2 ex-JDC cars) available for lease to qualifies drivers/teams that are interested. Email for rates and terms of lease if you want to go race with FRP!

11. The following 2 users liked this post:

Quote Originally Posted by bkd320 View Post
    Mikey -

THERE IS AN EAST COAST SERIES FOR PFM! Check out the attached link:

http://www.atlanticchampionshipserie...a-entries.html

I have 3 PFM's on the floor in the shop (the ex-AIM Motorsports car and the 2 ex-JDC cars) available for lease to qualifies drivers/teams that are interested. Email for rates and terms of lease if you want to go race with FRP!
    Very cool - maybe RA and VIR for me.. from FL, the others are too far. Sending the motor out for a rebuild soon!

I'm bringing a pair of PFMs to the FL majors. I think we're also going to run FRP some this season too, I'd say Road Atlanta
    for sure.

Liked: 384

Congrats Ben.
    Looks like proper stable.
    Best wishes for new venue.

P.S.
    Once i wrap my lack of driving skill around F3
    might venture in some club racing waters...
    Maris Kazia ,CEO
    EuroKraft Inc Racing
    Circuito do Sol
    2014 Radical SR 3 RSX, 2x Tatuus FA 01
    BMW HP2 .BMW K1200 R.Porsche 996 Carerra 4s

Liked: 803

Not much feedback as yet on the registry.

I checked the old results - we had 41 cars at two events in 2004, versus the 11 last year, so there's 30 cars to track down.
    Discount the half-dozen or so that periodically show up in scca/FRP, where are the other two dozen?
    I have a recollection that Telo had a fair few out at Worldspeed, but still lots unaccounted for.

Tilo has a ton of them

Bob Kaminsky is the original owner his PFM since 2004. If you don't have his info I'll see if I can get it.

That's curious that ArmsUp bought a bunch of old PFMs. ??
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

Bob Kaminsky is the original owner his PFM since 2004. If you don't have his info I'll see if I can get it.

That's curious that ArmsUp bought a bunch of old PFMs. ??
    I heard theyre planning on doing some FRP events and a "formula car experience" type thing with them. Totally unconfirmed rumor mill on the later though so take it for what it's worth.

Also we will not be at the FL majors after all. Tried to leave yesterday. Looks like my f450 puked an engine.

Quote Originally Posted by HazelNut View Post
    I heard theyre planning on doing some FRP events and a "formula car experience" type thing with them.
    That would jive with a young driver's social media post of testing one with AUM this fall, with a photo of them lined up in the Blackhawk pit lane. Sounds ambitious.
    Dale V.
    Lake Effect Motorsports
    FM
    Spartan VP-2/Mazda

Thread Information